Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD

Go down 
+15
Nely
MoneyMan300
HcMaximus
TydenWolf
invisible843
walldoggy
NukeLaCoog
TripleAce Andy
Spartan Runnerr
pariah_81
BlackDeath
Winners
Maverick9227
TheCanisDirus
deadmyt
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MoneyMan300

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 am

FreightTrain54 wrote:
I have seen the server farm in Redmond. It has over 30,000 physical machines to run the current version of Xbox LIVE. They have 100 more farms globally setup on the OC-12 main trunk of the Internet to run cloud computing and the future services. It's not just hosting games, it's actually processing part of the game as well. The other farms combined processing power is better than every computer on Earth combined in 1999. That is huge. The games and everything else are going to be awesome going forward.
Haha....I've been there too...impressive. It's going to be interesting to see how/if developers take advantage of this.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:23 am

FightingOkra75 wrote:

I don't think IW is trying to "trick" anybody.  The reason we may not be hearing more is feared backlash that the news might not be "all good" for every version of Ghosts.
Remember the Stealth Clown "F you last stand" lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:43 am

MoneyMan300 wrote:
IW specifically said in the press conf today that dedicated server are being used to host multipayer matches.

"Mark Rubin, Executive Producer at Infinity Ward, took to the stage to announce “Call of Duty: Ghosts” on Xbox One will use Xbox Live Cloud hosting to provide dedicated servers for multiplayer matches, ensuring the best multiplayer experience will be on Xbox One. And, gamers will get all downloadable content for “Call of Duty: Ghosts” first on Xbox One and Xbox 360."

Also here is the tweet from IW:

Infinity Ward        ✔ @InfinityWard

We will be using the Xbox Live Cloud for #CODGhosts. We'll be using this new feature to host Dedicated Servers for Xbox One players.
Thanks, that's excellent news. Because I wasn't happy with MS's initial offering and how they put it out there (i.e. take it as is or leave it), and the fact that they later changed so many things last minute, I planned on getting a PS4 first and maybe an Xbox One later. If DS for hosting COD is going to be Xbox only then I'm going to have to switch it up. DS plus content first for Xbox is just too much of an advantage to overlook.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 am

Then again one game isn't going to determine what console I buy.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:54 am

Don't misunderstand me, it's not one game that's going to determine my purchase either. Both systems seem fairly equal at this point and I was hoping to go with the Xbox this time around before all of the E3 announcements by MS. After all of the re-positioning by MS it put me on the fence with my choice, but I was leaning toward PS4 because of how MS handled their initial announcement and their initial unwillingness to listen to what users wanted.

Given that I put about 25 days into Black Ops 2, if it becomes the case that only MS will have DS then that will have me leaning in that direction. At this point I am in wait and see mode again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 am

Doa,

Not being ugly or anything....for real.

I have to say this though. XBL offered the better experience this past time, the entire generation. No, you had to pay for it so it made sense that it was better.

I fully expect XBL to continue to offer the better online experience and this could be part of it. I know the PS4 network should pass the overall experience online that the xbox 360 offered. But I won't be surprised if we have a sorta repeat of last gen where Sony had the more powerful hardware on your tv stand but xbl just gave online gamers a much better experience.

A repeat of this pattern is highly probable really.

DS for all multiplayer could be part of this "experience" and I wouldn't think it'd be confined to "one game."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 am

I think Titanfall was a bigger draw than ghosts for me. It also uses cloud computing and dedicated servers, Playing Ghosts with you guys will be fun regardless, I mean look at how much fun we have with BO2 and it sucks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:29 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
Doa,

Not being ugly or anything....for real.
F...ingOkra75,

I don't know how pretty you are normally, unless we're talking intellectually, then not very....what the hell are you referring to with "for real."

Until I have a next-gen console in my hands I have no loyalty to either company, as I've stated repeatedly. The company that produces the console that I deem the best for me will get my money when their console comes out. This is not about a brand for me, but about which one is best for what I am looking for.

Like I've also stated, the Xbox One is definitely better for my business and the use that I have for a console there; so I will be getting at least one console from MS next-gen either way (already reserved.)
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Well said Doa

I would also add that I am loyal to people not products.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 pm

All I know is... Don't drop that derka derk.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Unleashed_Ev1l

Unleashed_Ev1l

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm

PC had dedi dervers for MW3 so it's looking like Activision is learning it's leasons (the activision hosted multiplayer has pretty much always been empty)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 pm

PC dedicated servers are confirmed for Ghosts.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2051454/call_of_duty_dev_evasive_on_ps3_ps4_dedicated_servers.html

Call Of Duty: Ghosts developer Mark Rubin is coy on whether or not dedicated servers will be coming to PS3 and PS4 gamers.

Published on Aug 21, 2013
Call Of Duty has always had a bit of a special place in its heart for Xbox, at least since Modern Warfare, but when dedicated servers were announced recently it never seemed like it could be exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 - not when so many gamers have demanded the feature.

But Call Of Duty: Ghosts recently announced dedicated servers for Xbox One during Microsoft's press-only event at Gamescom, revealing that the game will finally use dedicated servers instead of the usual peer-to-peer system.

But Infinity Ward revealed that the feature comes courtesy of Microsoft's almighty 'Power of the Cloud', and that the dedicated servers will be part of the Cloud servers available for Xbox One developers.

Does that mean the PS4 and the PS3 will be left out? Will Infinity Ward create a whole new system just for the PlayStation?

We asked Mark Rubin to clarify the stance on Call Of Duty: Ghost's dedicated servers and whether they're exclusive to Xbox One.

"Well we're having to not talk about all of it right now," was Mark Rubin's initial comment, almost evading it entirely.

"We did mention dedicated servers on Xbox One," he continued, "one thing I can say is we're also doing dedicated servers on PC. So PC will be all dedicated servers, all of it.

"I don't have details on how dedicated servers are going to work on PC, partly because we're still in development and still working on all those features."

Rubin then went on to discuss Infinity Ward's philosophy on developing Call Of Duty, and programming multiplayer led to the use of dedicated servers.

"Basically the overall reasoning behind it all is we're always updating the games, even whether the community knows it or not.

"We're making changes that they don't know about because we want to see the changes happen without [affecting] peoples sort of free perceptions on what they think has happened, so sometimes we stealth in changes to design and see how they react."

Rubin explained that these hidden changes were to get more honest feedback from the Call Of Duty community, since explaining a change and asking for feedback often resulted in answers that "are just not as honest as they should be."

Rubin then went on to explain the challenges that comes with developing a multiplayer game - and controlling the internet within a game - and how dedicated servers will resolve many of these issues.

"Dedicated servers is definitely one of those things that we think will help," explained Rubin. "It's not the silver bullet, but I think it's something that keeps in our philosophy of always trying to make the game experience better."

Finally Rubin reiterated his point, dedicated servers are "on PC and it is on Xbox One, but I can't talk about any other platforms."

So that's not a no, but it's not quite a yes either? Will the PS4 and PS3 versions of Call Of Duty: Ghosts have access to dedicated servers?

Right now we'll have to say no, but as it stands this special relationship with Microsoft might just keep Infinity Ward from saying anything at all, perhaps to give it an imagined upper-hand in the next-gen console wars.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 pm

^^^I just saw the video that is a parody of... and... what is a "thun thun thun" scratch 

DO NOT WATCH!!!

video made me want to hammer rusty nails into my eyes and ears.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:21 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
"We did mention dedicated servers on Xbox One," he continued, "one thing I can say is we're also doing dedicated servers on PC. So PC will be all dedicated servers, all of it.
This careful wording has me curious, "PC will be all dedicated servers, ALL OF IT." but there is only, "We did MENTION dedicated servers on Xbox One." All of PC will be dedicated servers... hmmm the simple fact he chose to highlight that and word the Xbox One as "mention" leads to DS's possibly being only for custom games or the like and the real ranked multiplayer will be the same as always? Who knows... we'll see.

FightingOkra75 wrote:
"Right now we'll have to say no, but as it stands this special relationship with Microsoft might just keep Infinity Ward from saying anything at all, perhaps to give it an imagined upper-hand in the next-gen console wars.
Oh c'mon now... we should say i dont KNOW... not... NO. And i agree with you here... this is "likely" a ploy (IMO) to make it seem like Xbox one has some exclusivity with dedicated servers. Smart little move if ya ask me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 pm

I think the "all of it" is probably a reference to the past experience on PC with Mw3. The deds were an add on of unranked servers to appease PC crowd back then. This is most likely speaking directly to the PC guys and saying......"Don't worry, not like last time."

No need to do that for the xbox one.

I do think it is something like that......they are just waiting to help out MS. This is the most likely reason. However, they could be talking with Sony to finalize a deal that will make it equal and that is the reason nothing can be said for sure yet. They may not know for sure if they will be bringing it to PS3/PS4. Maybe just PS4?

Maybe they are trying to not announce anything about 360 having DS too until some xbone preorders are in? I don't know but we can guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:30 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
FightingOkra75 wrote:
This careful wording has me curious, "PC will be all dedicated servers, ALL OF IT." but there is only, "We did MENTION dedicated servers on Xbox One."  All of PC will be dedicated servers... hmmm the simple fact he chose to highlight that and word the Xbox One as "mention" leads to DS's possibly being only for custom games or the like and the real ranked multiplayer will be the same as always?  Who knows... we'll see.

FightingOkra75 wrote:
"Right now we'll have to say no, but as it stands this special relationship with Microsoft might just keep Infinity Ward from saying anything at all, perhaps to give it an imagined upper-hand in the next-gen console wars.
Oh c'mon now... we should say i dont KNOW... not... NO.  And i agree with you here... this is "likely" a ploy (IMO) to make it seem like Xbox one has some exclusivity with dedicated servers.  Smart little move if ya ask me.
PC is also basically saying "Microsoft" too.

IW will use Microsoft "Cloud" for PC (windows) and xbox one.

Those are now confirmed for sure by the dev.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:58 pm

His statement "I can't talk about other platforms" is probably honest. He can't. They have a timed exclusive deal with MS and he can't talk about. Can't confirm or deny. Logic tells me that part of their arrangement with MS and a big fat wad of cash and cheap dedicated servers is that they only talk about MS at this event. This is a HUGE deal for the XB1. This can single handedly sell thousands of new consoles and flip thousands of PS4 pre-orders.....kind of a big deal.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:11 pm

This also tells me that they don't even have the DS figured out for PC yet. If they don't have the PC stuff figured out how far are they on the console side? I think gun and Jive might be right here. DS available for custom games as of now..People hear Dedicated Servers and just go wild without reading the fine print.

If it's just a marketing ploy to sell consoles then people may feel duped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Xbox 360 should have access to the DS as of the fall update. They are extending all the Xbox LIVE updates (including the cloud) to everyone on both platforms. I can't see IW rewriting code for the 360 for matchmaking, doesn't make sense when the majority of people playing will migrate to Xbox ONE soon after its released. The Ghosts bundle makes me think that they are launching pretty close to each other as well. Either way I'll have it on 360 before I can afford the Xbox One. I may just save the money and get the bundle, although the Hardened Edition makes more sense since you get the season pass as well. I'll have a few months to make up my mind.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:34 pm

IW talking about the scale of dedicated servers:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/22/dedicated-servers-for-previous-call-of-duty-titles-was-impossible-due-to-number-of-players/

The fact that they are talking about that type of scale, to me, means ranked dedicated server. You wouldn't need much just to host custom matches.

Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:27 pm

I found this article that seems to go into the details a bit more and also discusses some of the issues that COD has had with matchmaking and how they feel that they have now fixed it. (---Link below "COD lag fixes"---)

I didn't want to say anything before, but I think that it's important to mention that it would stand to reason that the PS4 is going to use DS as well as they have stated that they can't discuss other consoles right now when, if the answer was no, it would make things easier for them just to give a definitive answer. If it's an agreement with MS that they not discuss it or if they are still working out the details with Sony and so they can't discuss it, it would make sense that their answer is that they'll answer later.

If it turns out that MS has an agreement that they won't allow COD to have DS on the PS4 then I will be getting a PS4 and not purchase Ghosts as that would be BS (I don't see that happening, though.) Anyhow, here's the article link...

COD lag fixes

Something that they mention about half-way through is that "Microsoft's 300,000 server Xbox Live Cloud is a subset of Microsoft's Azure platform. The part reserved for Xbox Live is called Thunderhead, which can only be used for Xbox One - not PC or even Xbox 360."
That's good news for future Xbox One owners!

Last edited by Doamne01 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:29 pm

That's funny you posted that.... just read that article this morning thinking "Thunderhead... heh, what a stupid fucking name lol".
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
That's funny you posted that.... just read that article this morning thinking "Thunderhead... heh, what a stupid fucking name lol".
Yeah, Azure referring to the sky so they have Thunderhead for their Xbox One subset. They are just asking for sarcastic comments, but they are trying to be clever.

Gaikai means "open ocean" from what I have heard and so, if they go the same route, their PS4 only servers should be "Life Raft" or, better yet, "Aquaman?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 pm

This makes perfect sense.

Why give this to the 360? That won't move consoles for them. At E3 Microsoft claimed the xbox one's "clould" would be the game changer for the next generation.

We still don't have a clue what they really meant by that. It could amount to nothing or it could be as big as they claimed it would be and give the xbox one a real advantage. We'll be finding out over the next year that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Hmmm...something isn't right here.

This article states:  

"Microsoft's 300,000 server Xbox Live Cloud is a subset of Microsoft's Azure platform. The part reserved for Xbox Live is called Thunderhead, which can only be used for Xbox One - not PC or even Xbox 360."

Yet, back in June Respawn had this to say:

So what is this Xbox Live Cloud stuff then?

"Microsoft has a cloud service called Azure (it’s a real thing – you can go on their website right now and pay for servers and use them to run whatever you want). Microsoft realized that they could use that technology to solve our problem.

So they built this powerful system to let us create all sorts of tasks that they will run for us, and it can scale up and down automatically as players come and go. We can upload new programs for them to run and they handle the deployment for us. And they’ll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360."

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Titanfall dev is using the Azure Cloud to run all their servers for the Microsoft side.

Apparently, they can use a dedicated part called "Thunderhead" for the xbox one part of the hosting. Must be using the regular "Azure" part of the same system for the others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next