Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 am

Figured with all the great F2Ps coming to the PS4 at launch that we get a who's playing (or WILL be playing) thread started.

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Planetside 2

Warframe

PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Warframe6sesc7

War Thunder

So... who's going to be playing what?

30 Member
Blacklight
DC Universe
Planetside
Warframe
War Thunder
gun fer hirexxxx
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:00 pm

As we all know, you get what you pay for. So I won't be playing any F2P games. lol

I can't see any of these at work (youtube is blocked) except that Warframe game, but that looks pretty cool. To be honest, haven't really thought of anything other than CoD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:11 pm

walldoggy wrote:
As we all know, you get what you pay for.  So I won't be playing any F2P games.  lol

I can't see any of these at work (youtube is blocked) except that Warframe game, but that looks pretty cool.  To be honest, haven't really thought of anything other than CoD.
Ahh, time to expand on one's horizons. Let your hair down. Spread your wings. Open the shutters. Enrich the palette..............jocolor 

Actually I have been that way with BF4
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm

walldoggy wrote:
As we all know, you get what you pay for.  So I won't be playing any F2P games.  lol

I can't see any of these at work (youtube is blocked) except that Warframe game, but that looks pretty cool.  To be honest, haven't really thought of anything other than CoD.
F2Ps arent the same old ones of the past. And none of these on the PS4 are P2W (play to win, F2Ps). A lot of really awesome developers are going F2P through PC and now the PS4 as it allows them more freedom... and us as well.

If you're getting a PS4 and like shooters Blacklight and Planetside are BIG on the PC for a reason. If you're a big cod fan you owe it to yourself to check out Blacklight: Retribution. Praised for it's fast, precise game play and controls... it's basically COD, a little bit in the future. While Planetside is basically Battlefield in space... complete with huge maps and tanks and jet things etc. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:45 pm

gk daddio 65 wrote:
Ahh, time to expand on one's horizons. Let your hair down. Spread your wings. Open the shutters. Enrich the palette..............jocolor 

I haven't really looked into any of them either. Just looking forward to getting the next installments of my time-wasting games and new console(s).

And Walldoggy, don't listen to GK, I tried letting my hair down, spreading my wings, and opening my shutters and all it got me was a knock on the door by the men in blue.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Letting down my hair, spreading my wings... interesting.  Let me think about it.

lol actually, I just have so much to do in CoD and I enjoy playing with the guys on LN, it's hard for me do other things sometimes.  I'm old, I get set in my ways.  But fine, now you've convinced me to look up these videos on my phone.  Bastards!  lol

And no one got the whole "if you pay for it, it must be better" thing... Wonder what other things out there must be better since I've paid for it... or on the flip side, must be worse since I didn't pay for it.  lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Planetside looks fun to me.

I have no idea what it is like but it looks like it could be a lot of fun that is for sure.

Wish they had more of the in first person view in that one video.

How does that game work on PC gun? It is free to play but is it micro transaction filled or what? I'm a sucker for a free game.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm

^^^ Doesn't it man!? Seriously like some space Battlefield while Blacklight is like future COD. Verry neat that they are super high quality and free.

So Planetside... (from the Wiki)

PlanetSide 2 is a re-imagining of PlanetSide, featuring the same world, factions and taking place at roughly the same time period. As in the previous game, it features territory control in an open-world, large battles featuring up to 2000 players per continent on foot or in land/air vehicles. The territory system differs greatly from that of the original, being more free-form and based on a hexagonal territory control system.

Combat takes place on the continents of Auraxis which are broken up into many territories. Territories are then split into sectors which can be captured by the various empires. Influence from captured sectors can provide bonuses to a faction in adjacent sectors. The mission system is partly automated and partly controlled by commanders and outfits. It provides focal points for players to attack and defend and helps players get into the action quickly.
As a player participates in completing objectives they will earn experience which will increase their character's Battle Rank and reward them with certification points. As the player's Battle Rank increases they will unlock improved certifications, granting the player new abilities or items. These will allow the player to specialize in certain roles by allowing them to improve the weapons, vehicles or tools they use. Many certifications require the player to invest in multiple upgrade tiers of the certification, which will increase how effective the certification is. For example, players can purchase five ranks of Nanoweave Armor, which when equipped will increase the amount of damage they can sustain.

Regarding $$ from the Wiki

Business model[edit source | editbeta]

PlanetSide 2 is free-to-play but includes a cash shop for players to purchase in-game convenience items and cosmetic changes using real money.[21] The developers have indicated an admiration of League of Legends's freemium business model.[22] In 2011, SOE CEO John Smedley said the cash shop "will not sell a more powerful gun or vehicle."[23] During the beta for the game, Rock, Paper, Shotgun's Nathan Grayson noted that the cash shop sold secondary weapons for aircraft, but that changes would be made to the game before it left beta.[21]

So, thankfully there are no paywalls in any of these F2P games... and they were designed so that you can compete on an even playing field with everyone regardless of how much money anyone pays.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
So, thankfully there are no paywalls in any of these F2P games... and they were designed so that you can compete on an even playing field with everyone regardless of how much money anyone pays.
This is key, at least for me, to play F2P. I hate getting beat by people that are willing to pay more for a game.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Yeah that's very cool of them... it seems like its basically all the camo's and for-looks stuff that is for sale with these games... and everything else is just unlock as you play as usual.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Ok, finally had some time to watch this on my phone.

Blacklight: Retribution

At the end, they were talking about PS4 and PC cross gaming.  The developer was kind of hemming and hawing.  I think they want to do it, but for whatever reason, it may or may not come to light.  Seems ok, didn't really see enough gameplay for it to be that compelling.  Although, at $0.00, might just try it out.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Planetside 2

"Commander, be advised, wife is a terrible driver so we're kind of slow"  

HAHA.  Look cool, but really, who is going to get the random that is 360 jump sniping to do what he's supposed to?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Warframe

PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Warframe6sesc7

Space ninja game?  Co-op ONLY (no PVP)?  No paywalls and launch title?  Nice.  This is for sure.  Where do I sign up?  And who has more info on Naomi Kyle?  haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Wall,

I hope we don't have FPS multiplayer with cross platform on games like CoD.

I'm bad enough taking on these young guys with faster reaction times, better eyes, less distractions.....leave me alone kids I'm trying to play BF3. I already know I can't compete with my gamepad at all vs. keyboard/mouse users on PC's.

I don't want to go to a keyboard/mouse so I'd prefer they keep those gamers away from consoles as much as possible. Mouse is just too much of an advantage over the gamepad imo.

For those of you who beast no matter what, it won't be an issue. Just my personal preference.

I would like to see cross console multiplayer but that is just a pipe dream.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 pm

This was one of the main selling points for me. The F2P stuff.

Gun you should link some War Thunder. That is going to be a epic game
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
gk daddio 65 wrote:

I haven't really looked into any of them either. Just looking forward to getting the next installments of my time-wasting games and new console(s).

And Walldoggy, don't listen to GK, I tried letting my hair down, spreading my wings, and opening my shutters and all it got me was a knock on the door by the men in blue.
Doamne01, perhaps you shouldnt have done that in your neighbors house univited:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Nevermind I will do it

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 pm

@Wall:  Yeah i def do NOT want PC players on with us PS4 guys... we'll get destroyed unless we use a mouse and keyboard... which we can do on the PS4 so that's awesome if you want to jump on BF4 on the PS4 with mouse and keyboard you might be able to says DICE.  This would be EPIC as it "should" allow the use of flight-stick peripherals in BF4 if DICE allows the mouse and keyboard... theoretically!

And yeah theyre all free so def try 'em out... ESP Warframe... it's all PvE (players vs enemy) with sweet sorta "clan" options.... your "clan" can even have it's own Dojo (basically you make your own map with random enemy spawns and stuff)... very very cool!  Ill be playing the SHIT outa Warframe!

@Okra:  Agreed on going up against Keyboard/Mouse PC guys... OUCH!  But PS4 has native keyboard/mouse support and it's up to devs if they want to allow it for their games so it looks like we'll have that option in some of them.  BF4 is the first likely one!

@Nely:  Hell yes man same here!  They signed so many big ones all for launch!!!  And here is some epic War Thunder gameplay from Gamescom... cant wait for this too!  It won Best Combat Simulation or something like that there.

Edit: You beat me to it ya' bastard! hahaha  At least i got some diff footage on there lol
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Wait, so no one wants to play PC guys because they have mouse and keyboard, but then PS4 can do mouse and keyboard too?! What's the difference?! AHH! lol

I guess I can see the point of console vs PC being an issue. I guess I'm more hopeful for cross console. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 pm

No difference... but sometimes they restrict mouse and keyboard to specific lobbies in games that have both, to be fair... but i prob wont use em... that DS4 looks soooo nice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 am

Coming to Xbox One in the spring???

"Microsoft portfolio director for digital games Chris Charla explained that independent developers are free to utilize "every business model that any other game on Xbox One has." This means that independent self-published games won't be restricted to a different price structure than games from mainstream studios, opening up the possibilities for indie games with premium pricing, micro-transactions or free-to-play models. "

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/01/xbox-one-indie-program-will-support-free-to-play/

"From the looks of it, there’s a possibility that those who will be purchasing the Xbox One console when it launches in the month of November may have a chance to get their hands on Warframe once the timed exclusive deal with Sony has expired sometime this February."

http://mp1st.com/2013/09/02/warframe-playstation-4-now-timed-exclusive-possibly-coming-xbox-one/

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:09 am

Oh that's pretty cool if M$ also gets Warframe... it's a great game and the more who get to play it the better! I wonder where the author gets the February date from though... he lists no source and i haven't seen anything of the likes... just seems like a very odd amount of time... ~3 months?

It's like all of the news of Frank Gibeau slipping up/or hinting Titanfall hitting the PS4. Exclusives are junk... fanboi's use them as console war ammo and manufacturers use them as leverage to make up for lackluster or identical hardware.

Id love to see all games on all systems.

Cool articles Okra, but not really applicable in a PS4 who's playing what game thread, is it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:16 am

It isn't confirmed to be coming to Xbox.

Just confirmed that free to play games are allowed on xbox one and that at least one hyped "exclusive" is all that "exclusive" after all.

I suspect the ones that gain some traction on PS4 will be moved to any platform they think they can make money off of eventually.

As far as Titanfall, I think it is most likely that the PS4 will see Titanfall 2, assuming Titanfall is a huge hit. Probably be more like Mass Effect, Bioshock.......that type deal with Titanfall where it does eventually come to the other console but so far out that nobody cares really and could get skipped altogether since Titanfall 2 is less than a year out at that point.

I see Titanfall playing out that way personally. They use MS to establish themselves, hit a two year dev cycle and you see Titanfall 2 on all platforms in 2016. Might see Titanfall on the PS4 in late 2015 though maybe. Just depends on whether the devs think it is worth the time when you know they will be wanting to totally focus on T2 by then.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:20 am

Back on topic...

So PS4 guys... who else will be checking out what F2P around launch time?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:59 am

Anything else coming? Or were the ones you listed at the beginning just ones you like in particular or would think think people in this crowd would be into?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Those are the big ones... i'm not sure they've officially announced any other F2Ps yet. If anyone knows of ones that's ive missed, feel free to post them here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?   PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 Free to Play Games - Whos playing what?
Page 1 of 1