Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Source of my frustration

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Source of my frustration Empty
PostSubject: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am

This thread basically broke it down, and now I know why I'm screwed as far as Black Ops goes.
http://hupitgaming.com/forum/26-black-ops/350503-fios-users#545167

Other fios users voice their frustrations, and are remarkably similar to mine. Now, I understand we all have these problems, but the fios users in this thread mirror my setup and exact problems to the letter.

I've suspected throttling because I think Black Ops programmers seemed to have decided to try and keep more casuals in the game by knee-capping high bandwidth guys.

When I first upgraded to 35/35, it was amazing. I was dropping guys (as a random i played exclusively TDM) and winning a lot. That lasted about a month and then BAM! My present state of affairs. So I think they dropped it in during one of the early patches.

The other guy in the thread (Dr Slow) who mentions his MW2 experience since defecting from Black Ops mirrors my MW2 experience as well. 4 bars, great hit markers, etc. I agree with his suspicions of lag compensation (or throttling, whatever you wanna call it).

I played some B.O. last night (tried to hook up with you guys but got booted when our party backed out of a lobby, and couldn't make it back as the 6th man in time). Played with randumbs, and same old shit. It's like shooting a rhino with a .22

So, i will be looking forward to playing again with the clan on 11/8/11, but until then it's goodbye I guess, unless anyone is on and playing MW2. But I'm officially done with Crap Ops. I just have hit the frustration wall.

Look me up at MW2, i'm running the same username. Get your noobtubes, OMA, and tac knife ready to roll! As Kosmo Cramer once screamed: "WHO'S READY TO HAVE SOME FUN?!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I'll hit you up for a game if I see you on MW2. I too have been getting more and more frustrated with the lag on BO. It does seem to be getting worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:05 pm

Callouts in Wasteland:

"Hey, he's camping in the field!"

"Hey, there's some camping in the tunnel."

...that's it. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm down for some MW2... the lag in BlOps is getting ridunkulous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Had great games this week on the whole, so I dont get this all the time.

I do not like to get host now though. About 1/2 the time I get host I experience the throttling from the other thread. 5 hitmarkers required and even when you get the drop on people they turn around, ADS, and kill you by shooting you in the foot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Had great games this week on the whole, so I dont get this all the time.

I do not like to get host now though. About 1/2 the time I get host I experience the throttling from the other thread. 5 hitmarkers required and even when you get the drop on people they turn around, ADS, and kill you by shooting you in the foot.

I suspect that from the beginning, Black Ops was designed and marketed as a way to bring noob FPS types into the genre by creating the anti-Modern Warfare. Unpredictable spawning to foil camping (in TDM, anyway), less powerful and less accurate weapons, and anti-lag/throttling/whatever you wanna call it.

Black Ops is the Zima of the FPS genre. We'll look back at this game (and Treyarch) the way we look back at Lou Vega, the Ringling Bros' "Unicorn," and the 2011 Red Sox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Zima of FPS genre. LOL You may be onto something with that statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

So the worse your internet is, the better your connection will be. This would explain why foreign connections kick our ass.

F-it, I'm gonna go dial up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Id run some MW2 with ya but i dont have you on my FL anymore for some reason Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:10 pm

We can't deny MW2 is fun though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:30 pm

I sent ya another FR Nixon, but it probably got buried in your inbox. I' ll send another one.

And yes Carl, it is fun (most of the time). If i end up in a hacker lobby i bail, but when I encounter TOO many noobtubers and knifers, I just throw myself in the gutter with them. I was pretty damn good at both of those cheapass styles Smile

Yesterday I was working on camping (in BO i was hyper aggressive), and that m4a1 with a red dot is a pisser. I can't wait until I unlock the ACR, I used to like that gun a lot with a red-dot on it.

Honestly never felt like I was cheated out of a kill either, if I died it was because somebody got the better of me. Quite a contrast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:45 pm

And don't forget shotgun secondaries for us lovers of the shotty. That way we were actually able to kill someone more than 10 feet away with our main weapon if we had to (except before the 1887's were rightfully nerfed due to extreme sexiness and cheapness).

A bit sad it sounded like in some MW3 video that shotguns were returning as mains though. I hope I heard wrong.

Probably not on tonight but I'll look for you tomorrow night Jerry. I think you're on my friends list. If not, feel free to add me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 pm

and Glock 18s...nothing beats a Glock.

Except a fully-automatic Glock. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:54 pm

My kid's been playing MW2 for the last couple of months to hone is quickscoping skills and to get ready for MW3. He will probably be very good at them both by next month. I have played a little MW2 since we picked up a used copy a few months ago. I REALLY have trouble seeing foes with it. Now that the BF3 beta is shutdown I will probably get some play in this weekend. The maps in MW2 are so much better for camping it is ridiculous. I will really have to slow down my rushing style for MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

@carl Muir
MW3 won't have shottys as a secondary (unless MAYBE with an Overkill?) according to reports.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Yeah it's really hard to see people in MW2. As far as quickscoping goes, i suck at it. I might keep practicing, but only in a private match. I just end up going 2-20 in a real match and not really learning anything.

i need to watch those tutorials again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 pm

hockalees wrote:
@carl Muir
MW3 won't have shottys as a secondary (unless MAYBE with an Overkill?) according to reports.
But the do have a Skorp as a machine pistol, which IS an acceptable secondary Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:54 pm

I loved the machine pistols as secondary. Raffica was beast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Raffica was good. Usually carried the AA12 though. Loved that shotty for CQC on MW2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:25 pm

My internet has been sucking recently as well, though in my case I noticed it Wednesday. I think it is because of the recent iOS update.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 pm

I agree, the lag compensation messes with the game so much. If it weren't for playing with the clan I would have stopped a long time ago...
I didn't care for W@W and went back to MW til MW2 came out.

Secondaries?!? Dual Rangers, even MLC'ers didn't stand a chance!! Never walked thru a door without the rangers ready for action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Source of my frustration   The Source of my frustration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Source of my frustration
Page 1 of 1