Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Empty
PostSubject: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:28 am

To mitigate the potential hornets nest you're about to start asking for it with "fire away..." lol (<3 it Veggie)...

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/313702-PS4-can-use-DirectX-11-DEBUNKEDEDEDED/page3?s=b82c189328f0301554daf4ac8c978ff4

Great thread (that has been cleaned) that discusses this very topic of M$/Sony and DirectX11.1/11.2

And cool info via the link: "The PS4's openGL based API, like PS2's API & PS3's libGCM offers much more low level access to the hardware with out the need to go through nearly as many abstraction layers as DirectX does." It goes on to say that it's not as familiar a system as the M$ API so Sony makes a "wrapper" giving developers easier tools to work with.

For those who don't know... DirectX is never used by a non M$ console... No surprise, never is lol... "optimized for directX" means very little as other consoles of past, present and future run the same feature sets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:42 am

That is only partially true and you know it Gun.

PC first devs like the guys at DICE have always been will build on the PC first with some features on the dev side due to this not available as easily on the PS4.

This actually does speak to all the talk of most future games being developed for PC first and then ported over which in theory would make the PS4 much better on paper when you look at gross teraflops like has been done so many times.

What the DICE guy is really saying is due to 11.1, we can squeeze more power out of the CPU which will make the game a tiny bit better for those running 11.1 PC's compared to those on Win7 PC's.

The same basic principal in theory would apply to the PS4/X1.

For instance, while the PS4 may be more powerful the DX11.2 in some particular game originally developed on PC's and then ported both consoles may get 1.68 Ghz effective CPU on the X1 but only the regular 1.6 Ghz PS4 system.

This would then serve to "narrow" this rumored wide performance gap even if in a very small way and even if only limited to certain games like BF4.

It could be no difference, tiny difference or even......three years from now, a big difference depending on trends and whatnot. Nearly every PC will be running Win8.1 in three years and will presumably have an AMD APU pretty similar to what is in a PS4 just toned down. At that point I could see a lot of development shift to something so common......in every office in America almost and every home.

Just makes for super easy porting from PC to X1 is the all it really means.

Everything is just on paper right now, remember?

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:00 pm

This is really pretty much a non issue man lol. I understand the need to reach, though truth...

BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Tumblr_m98nikehvP1reu1vyo1_500

But seriously...

Good points man... we dont know! Maybe optimizing a PC game for DirectX and then down-scaling for a PS4 game will lead to some areas needing addressing. Maybe it pulls the PS4 back just as tad as you said and narrows the gap just that much more.... or hey, it could even push it in the opposite direction if the Sony API is more powerful?

All in all it's very unlikely this will make up or narrow the 40-50% power advantage that the PS4 has.

Again, not that that will even do anything... but its a nice reserve bank.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 pm

I know man.

Nothing will make any difference down the road.....I gotta reach being an xbot.

lol gun

you crack me up sometimes

Sorta like the x1 having more ram reserved for devs to use than the ps4 won't matter since a half GB of extra ram for every dev to use isn't a plus and it is just ultra slow 1333 DDR3.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Haha you and I need our own sub-forum... maybe pull in Wall, Pariah, Domane, Repo and such... we can have our own space to just discuss, talk shit, post crap and know we aren't serious and still <3 each other lol

And yeah... I just want to play 64 player 60fps Battlefield 4.... pretty much it lol that's all i can think about lately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I won't post that review I watched of a guy who played BF4 at gamescom then.

Smile

Sweet dreams!!!!

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm

I might have seen it... i've been watching every single BF4 vid i can find in crazed anticipation lol. GK and i were talking at work today and thought of something cool...

Since DICE is using the six-motion gyros/accelerators to control left/right leaning against cover... wonder if they're also thinking about using it to control aspects of the game like vehicles?

Flying a jet or chopper by tilting the DS4... or say have it control your look as the normal sticks control the flying... ie. looking out the top side of the chopper's canopy as you fly down and left targeting someone on your tail.

Seems like it could be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gamescom-battlefield-4s-graphics-lacking-on-ps4

It was a IGN article actually.

I'm not a graphics whore (obvious since I haven't made a huge deal of the teraflops) but it may matter to somebody out there that we might not be getting 1080p BF4 on the consoles (I automatically include the Xbone in this as well).

Doesn't matter to me as long as the FPS are smooth (above 40 works fine) and the gameplay is fun.

I hope they don't go for 1080p at 30fps over 720p at 60fps. Mine old eyes can't really tell the difference most the time. I've never played BF on a PC on ultra settings so I don't have a clue what I'm missing.

Ignorance is bliss.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 pm

^^^Yeah there's been a lot of talk of "maybe not 1080P". Last i saw via a DICE tweet was that the PS4 (and again will be same for Xbox One) is currently running BF4 at 60fps ABOVE 720P but they're "optimizing" and will let the public know the resolution when they've settled on it.

While i'd love 60fps/1080p id rather have the higher framerate over higher resolution for a multiplayer shooter like BF.

And you def do NOT want to see it in person on a PC at 1080P 60+fps... you'll cry... literally tear up haha. It is a VERY VERY noticeable difference from seeing BF3 on 360... then seeing it for the first time on Max on a PC... godly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 pm

"But up until now, all of the demos we've seen of Battlefield 4 have been running on supercharged PCs, producing jaw-dropping, unsurprisingly gorgeous results. This week at Gamescom, however, I had an opportunity to play Battlefield 4 on a PlayStation 4 development system"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From the article.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Albert Penello, MSFT's head of production in another interview discussing rumors on the internet of Xbox One production delays.

""This is the part of the internet that's frustrating, because everybody wants to assume there's a [units volume] issue. And yet I'm showing real hardware here at Gamescom - a real, final, retail kit. Which I have yet to see my friends show me."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Has Sony been running games on retail kits yet?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 pm

People (not referring to us 30's... more so the plebs on the web) are just going nuts and back and forth on anything they can dig up M$ vs PS4... i think some people just get hard-ons from arguing and shit.

Oh man Veggie... there is a long heated article on Gaf about this lol... read through it this morning... It's a big missunderstanding on what a PC/DevKit/Retail is for Sony and M$.  Idiot IGN "journalists" (i use that word very lightly on that site) mistook DevKits of M$'s for actual retail units and DevKits of Sony's as "pre-devkit" PCs.  Neither have "FINAL" retails kits playing games or being show out.  (according to developers and insiders commenting in that thread (linked below) M$ makes their DevKits to almost exact physical, exterior presentation... while Sony makes their DevKits to rough estimates or simple representations.)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663625

Great video of Mark Cerny (Sony) Schooling IGN's annoying Scott Lowe...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:19 pm

The idiots were the guys poking fun at MS for using Win7 PC's for certain games at E3.

Which is exactly what Sony was doing in some booths at gamescom.

It's not news because, well, their aren't 6.2 million xbox fanboys trolling every website.....

Wasn't news at E3 and isn't news now. Just evidence that fanboys end up with egg on their faces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:30 pm

I will add that a MS employee basically called out Sony in the above for not even having as finished a product on display as he had put on the floor at Gamescom.

He was calling out the jounalists, that's for sure.....the MS guy was......and the idiots on the internet who post nonsense based on their "reporting."

Ubisoft was running there PS4 games on Win7 PC's. MS was running BF4 on Win7 PC's. Sony Dev kits have extra power.....so do MS kits. None of this is abnormal but with the new internet and new media we get huge embarrassing news out of E3 that.....gasp.....BF3 was running on PC's.

This is totally different though right?

Should I start using $ony instead of Sony? I think I should to ensure I'm good with all the other xbots.

lol
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm

I would be interested to hear what games XB1 was supposedly running on their retail consoles because it sure wasn't Titanfall or Ghosts.  Both of which are also also being run on devkits at the Gamestop Expo this week.

Also, the 1080p thing.....is anyone running it right now.....1080p/60FPS?  Respawn is not there yet but they are hoping to the get there....pretty much like DICE.

"Digital Foundry: 1080p60 on Xbox One?

Drew McCoy: We'll see how performance goes. Frame-rate is king."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-respawn-the-titanfall-interview

**sidenote

Digital Foundry: Let's talk about the cloud. One story we've heard recently suggests that the gaming subset of Azure functionality is not available for PC.

Drew McCoy: That's not true.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Your not sucking repo in to this I have a high end pc and for the most part do not run at 1080 becase of my old eyes can but don't most of the time !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

I believe the guy from MS was referring to all those things sitting right in front of screens that had xbox one on them, and had a kinect that looked like the one you'd see in a picture of the soon to be released version of the console.

I believe the MS booth had a bunch of "xbox one's" in their booth playing games. These things supposedly were in the same size/style case.....looked liked you'd imagine a "retail" version would look. That sort of thing. Just the real chips/gpus/ram/fans they plan on producing running in the type of case they are planning. It was out on display I hear....in the wide open for a reason.

E3

When another moron probably asked about production delays and whatnot he was probably just fed up with the fanboy internet reporter crap and said.......my shit is over there asshat......go check the PS4 booth for their "retail kit".......

He was much nicer about it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I will add that a MS employee basically called out Sony in the above for not even having as finished a product on display as he had put on the floor at Gamescom.

He was calling out the jounalists, that's for sure.....the MS guy was......and the idiots on the internet who post nonsense based on their "reporting."

Ubisoft was running there PS4 games on Win7 PC's.  MS was running BF4 on Win7 PC's.  Sony Dev kits have extra power.....so do MS kits.  None of this is abnormal but with the new internet and new media we get huge embarrassing news out of E3 that.....gasp.....BF3 was running on PC's.

This is totally different though right?

Should I start using $ony instead of Sony?  I think I should to ensure I'm good with all the other xbots.

lol
Yeah you're right on... and this mess is all over neoGAF and Reddit... it wasn't interesting for me to follow the constant bickering but i think it's MUCH more complicated than that.  Lots of debate on how each manufacturer classifies their pre-launch hardware iterations etc.  Loads of "PC vs. Dev PC vs. Dev Kit vs early Dev Kit vs Final Hardware etc. etc." arguing and in the end none of it means jack... but those guys need stuff to argue over.  Many don't understand the difference and see something and label it "oh that's a PC... or that's a Dev Kit or a Final Console because it looks like...".  Both manufacturers have their hardware decisions locked down by now and their true Dev Kits are made of (usually according to people in the industry) final spec hardware and additional hardware/software used in the DEVelopment of games.  

I personally dont think $0n¥ or M$ are, at this point, trying to deceive anyone.

BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 HD7256032

^^^Okra... i think you summed up the microsoft ragging on sony guys situation... that's what i was talking about.  nail/head
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Good info and impressions of BF4 on PC and PS4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Nuke,

Here is a guy giving his report on the games he played on the "xbox one" at gamescom.

Not that it amounts to much but there is somebody's first hand story.......could be made up.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=689849
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

That sounds about like I expected. Demonstrations and not something as intensive as BF4, Titanfall or CoD multiplayer. Both consoles are going to be ready to go at launch, but they ain't there yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I don't think that is it really Nuke.

BF4 is a multiplat that is developed on PC first.  The engine/game cannot truly be shown off to the fullest extent unless it is on high end PC's.

Marketing 101= show them your best version

EA/Ubisoft and others devs of multiplats will naturally put on display.....at a marketing event.....the very best version they will be selling.  For Ubisoft/EA, their games will run the best on a $1,800 Windows PC so that is what their Game (BF4) was running on.

Chevy won't be bringing the base model of the Camaro to some auto show.  Nope, it will the be top of the line version of the car in the commercial.  Starting at 19,999 (price is 64,000 as shown, SSST Super Sport Mod with puppy leather)......

Games were running on the real "xbox one" for regular people to play at Gamescom though.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:10 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
Games were running on the real "xbox one" for regular people to play at Gamescom though.
Quotes are important here as the internet has just shown lol

Have you guys heard of the new High Value Target that the team commanders can designate when they have the points to via their tablet?

So if you're the commander (tablet play) you can, when unlocked, designate a player from the enemy team as a High Value Target... they will then appear on your teams's minimap and screen highlighted (details of how they're highlighted and for how long etc are still being worked out) and you get more points for taking them out! They also get a notification... "You've been designated as a High Value Target" on their screen and they then get more points for each kill THEY get for the duration.

Very, very cool! That and more can be heard in this 25 minute interview...

Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1   BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF4 will be optimized to run on DX11.1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Battlefield-
Jump to: