Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Steam starts up family share beta

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

Steam starts up family share beta Empty
PostSubject: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 pm

sweet

Maybe a new pc is the way to go after all.....
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:01 pm

I love how everyone said this was horrible stuff when Microsoft tried to do this, even though it was literally the model that steam completely is now. It is really amazing that folks that use steam were so against microsoft doing the same thing it boggles my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 pm

MSFT version was WAY better than steam.

I have steam btw.....

Sucks that we are still going to be stuck getting up to swap out disks for another gaming generation.

Problem with digital is you can't share the damn games with anybody. My kids don't like the Steam games because they can't use their own gamertags and whatnot.

I'll be so glad when the world finally let's go of anything resembling a CD. LPs had their time too.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:01 pm

^^^yeah that portion of M$'s One was something i liked... it was all the other DRM fineprint 24hr connection that i think everyone flipped out about.

But Veggie... this is exactly the reason why i'm going to get digital copies of as many games as I can this gen. No more scratching and swapping... i'm sick of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 pm

They should let us "opt in" somehow Gun.

I liked that they would ship on disks but then you only had to load it up once and you were done (it was then treated like you downloaded a digital copy). Lots easier to upload from disk than download from steam/xbox. Put game back in case, case on display and never bother with it again unless you need to upload again.

If they will let me opt in to DRM 24 hour check ins and get the original system (even if just cut back to 5 friends) then I'd jump.

As it is, to share among more than one system I must go disk and must then pass the disk around daily (games like CoD). This just ensures I'll be buying multiple copies of the most played games due to scratches.....never fails.

We really lost a lot due to all the backlash at E3 imo. Gamers lost far more than they gained imo. We's still stuck in last gen again.

Sad

MSFT says they are trying to figure out a way to bring it back though so hope remains that we may see the end of these fragile silver frisbees before the gen is out.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Yeah that's what i've been saying... both manufacturers should make disk to "full digital" an OPTION! Don't force people... just allow those who want to operate that way do it.

I honestly would have been super ok with both consoles having no optical drive whatsoever. I've got a really fast connection and i just download everything nowadays and store stuff in multiple external drives... i dont personally need/want discs anymore for any media. Maybe both will take the ODs out in future "slim" releases when they figure out digital distribution once and for all... id so bite.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Okra, we didn't lose anything at E3 or the Xbone reveal because nothing was ever fleshed out, nothing was shown and only concepts discussed. If it was the ideal solution they try to portray it as, then they would have explained it thoroughly, showed examples and stuck with it. Instead they fumbled every aspect of revealing their vision and faced with backlash eliminated everything including the parts that people liked.

Have no fear though, if it is as revolutionary and visionary as they now say it was going to be then it will come back immediately.

One of these days all games will be digital but don't hold your breath expecting it any time soon. He have heard that physical music was going to be dead for years now going back to the late 90's. The ipod came out 10 years ago and itunes soon after. Luckily digital finally outsold physical last year for the first time. Except a big portion of that is single songs vs. full albums where physical still outsells digital by a wide margin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam starts up family share beta   Steam starts up family share beta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam starts up family share beta
Page 1 of 1