Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.

Go down 
+6
HcMaximus
Repo_Dog
SwollenCamel
Criptic Wolf
pariah_81
TheCanisDirus
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Empty
PostSubject: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 8:31 am

Whelp... more and more industry journalists etc. are getting time with Kinect 2.0 and it's not looking like it's improved over OG Kinect..

‘The lag has been reduced massively’: that’s what we’re constantly being told in conferences, in communications with Microsoft, in interviews, in previews. I have no doubt there are figures to back those statements up, but the disconnect between my movements in real life as replicated on screen is obvious. I feel it, instantly, and it makes playing any game with Kinect a frustrating experience. The next game I play is Wakeboarding, it feels a little better than climbing, but it’s nowhere near responsive enough. The delay is obvious to anyone who plays it, to the point where I can’t imagine anyone investing in it to any great extent.

I’m worried about Kinect. Mere months from launch it feels imprecise, temperamental and clumsy. On more than one occasion its voice recognition, being demonstrated by a Microsoft rep from the US with an American accent, needed three or four repeats of ‘Xbox Home’ to do what a single button press could have done in half a second. If Microsoft reps who have been briefed and have lived with the Xbox One for months are struggling to make everything work seamlessly, what chance does the average punter have?

But that was the 10%. During the remaining 90%, Kinect felt like it was a hindrance, forcing users to swim against the giant leaps Microsoft made with Xbox One’s user friendly UI, which looks fantastic. Sure, I can turn Kinect off — that’s my choice. But I still have to pay for it. I don’t have a choice there.16P

So, yes. I think there are issues there — not with the Xbox One, with Kinect specifically. Forza Motorsport looks incredible, Ryse seems to have made strides in the combat department and I walked away genuinely blown away by the scale and ambition of Dead Rising 3.P

But Kinect? I’m a little bit worried about Kinect.17

-Via Kotaku
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

I am genuinely hoping that kinect works out well.  lately,  kinect has not been doing so well at my house now where it was doing well previously.  It helps a lot even now though with a 1 and a half year old always grabbing for the controller and turning off what the wife and I were watching.  Hopefully it will not suck and they have time to tweak it.

Edit: this is the first really bad review/preview that i have heard to date as well. Just throwing that out there. People have had some issues with it, but they were just minor ones from what I had read and seen. Also, rock climbing and wakeboarding do not seem much like activities that would be very friendly to the kinect in the first place. Golf, bowling, darts, games like that would be more suited to show off the intricate developments that the kinect has improved.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 am

I also hope they sort it all out. I also hope they can continuously work on the Kinect through this generation and finally deliver on their motion control promise that they started years ago with "Natal" Kinect 1.0. It's been constant promises and no delivering from the Kinect dept... but i honestly think motion control, in a more micro environment, (finger tracking, eye tracking etc.) will be a great addition to the Xbox... they just have a long ways to go.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:27 am

I really think they have delivered in a sense. We have to remember, this burgeoning tech is not an exact science. i think its pretty amazing at this time and can only go up. you also have to look at the devs and hope to god their stuff isnt shitty programming either.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 am

True... it's just M$ shouldn't force this unproven, non-perfected tech on Xbox One customers... they should have made it an option and dropped the price $100. And they did this because they had to ensure developers "ere'body has a Kinect, make stuff for it!"... but I dont even think that's going to help it out. Majority of gamers had their share with the Wii... i think motion "gaming" is going away.

Small little motion, gesture, voice navigational control etc. that's where Kinect needs to focus. It's just a shame they have such an expensive, complex camera system in Kinect when all they need for the useful motion stuff is a much simpler and cheaper one... the kind all the TV manufacturers are building into their sets now. M$ isn't making smart hardware decisions within the company lately...
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:13 pm

I am not sure that this is so much for gaming than for the other functions that the xbox one has been reporting it will do. The main function and the main excitement in my family is the fact that we are going to be able to use this with our TV. That is what I believe they are honestly developing this for more than gaming, however those of us that really follow it, are real gamers.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 pm

I agree again... but unfortunately a lot of the new TVs are starting to come with gesture/voice control and facial recognition (As accurate as kinect.. hell, maybe even more with LGs finger tracking!).   M$ got in on their TV integration kick a little late... another year or two and almost all TVs will have this tech... and Kinect will be that weird box nobody wants to use.

I personally dig LGs new smart remotes for the best of both worlds. Super accurate Wii like motion and pointing... with the mic for voice recognition built in so you dont have to yell.

Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 am

All I did was read the title of this thread and I knew it was from gun Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:55 am

Gotta save the lot of you don't I?! If i wont... who will? Razz 
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:08 am

I personally think the kinect was great...................

It's still doing it's job ..............

Yip great at collecting dust!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:12 am

Same with mine! And i was super pumped for it an had it preordered back then. Was such a let down. Same with the Leap Motion for my Mac... i was like... ok someone finally nailed the motion control...er... not. We're so far off from it being a viable game control method.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Criptic Wolf wrote:
How could you not? its inflammatory to xbox.

Xbox pioneered this. Before kinect, did you ever see any of this? Also, you can buy your expensive ass TV my TV with kinect just costed me much less with the same commands. I am seriously tired of the sony fanboyism lately. im out

Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Unknown-8
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 2:50 pm

(PS: you know it's all really just fun bullshit... dont take it too seriously (if you are... cant tell lol))

Butttt if you are serious...

Excusssssssse me for having a big heavy set 'o non-loyalist balls... i don't like when a corporation, that i've been heavily invested in for years, tries to fuck me in the ass... and tells me why it's gonna be good that i'm going to be getting fucked in the ass.... does about (3) 180's on "non-questionable platform decisions" after getting reprimanded by the public and beaten by it's competitor... further, repeatedly muddies the water with incorrect/misleading PR speak and shady public poll shenanigans... and expects gamers to buy a less powerful, more expensive item based on cloud filled hopes and a prayer.

Fuck me once... shame on me...

If not serious... disregard.

Internet is serious business so....
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. 3q6oua
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

fucking costumers lg is right up there with the best of them !

And I don,t want the fucking t.v. watching me either !
hello
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:14 pm

It was meant to be cheeky, but I don't see how getting things wrong and trying something different is wrong. Ok, they did things that they thought would be good, but the consumer did not like it. They changed their policy, and now they are getting ridiculed for not sticking to their guns? also the only people that are complaining about that are the people who are refusing to even get the device. I will be happy playing on the new xbox, I will have everything I want. servers for all my online games, innovative games that i feel will push genres into new places, as well as all the awesome games coming out for both consoles. Not to mention, my noncable household will have a lot more depth when it comes to watching TV which I myself am very much excited about. and all I have to do is pay 100 bucks more for a sensor that helps me workout for a year free? sure I'll take it. Let me know when you guys get tired of playing the same types of games and want to use your device for something else.
Back to top Go down
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:36 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
Criptic Wolf wrote:
How could you not?  its inflammatory to xbox.  

Xbox pioneered this.  Before kinect,  did you ever see any of this?  Also,  you can buy your expensive ass TV my TV with kinect just costed me much less with the same commands. I am seriously tired of the sony fanboyism lately.  im out

Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Unknown-8
+10000
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:48 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
(PS: you know it's all really just fun bullshit... dont take it too seriously (if you are... cant tell lol))

Butttt if you are serious...

Excusssssssse me for having a big heavy set 'o non-loyalist balls... i don't like when a corporation, that i've been heavily invested in for years, tries to fuck me in the ass... and tells me why it's gonna be good that i'm going to be getting fucked in the ass.... does about (3) 180's on "non-questionable platform decisions" after getting reprimanded by the public and beaten by it's competitor... further, repeatedly muddies the water with incorrect/misleading PR speak and shady public poll shenanigans... and expects gamers to buy a less powerful, more expensive item based on cloud filled hopes and a prayer.

Fuck me once... shame on me...

If not serious... disregard.
Internet is serious business so....
Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. EqRJH
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Sony fanboyism lol

Sounds like Gun is upset over what MS is doing. Can you blame him? He should be mad at MS and if you are a hardcore gamer you should be too.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:01 am

pariah_81 wrote:
It was meant to be cheeky,  but I don't see how getting things wrong and trying something different is wrong.  Ok,  they did things that they thought would be good,  but the consumer did not like it.  They changed their policy,  and now they are getting ridiculed for not sticking to their guns?  also the only people that are complaining about that are the people who are refusing to even get the device.  I will be happy playing on the new xbox,  I will have everything I want.  servers for all my online games,  innovative games that i feel will push genres into new places,  as well as all the awesome games coming out for both consoles.  Not to mention,  my noncable household will have a lot more depth when it comes to watching TV which I myself am very much excited about.  and all I have to do is pay 100 bucks more for a sensor that helps me workout for a year free? sure I'll take it.  Let me know when you guys get tired of playing the same types of games and want to use your device for something else.  
And that's great man! Like i've said over and over... different strokes. No hate at all on someone who is grabbing the Xbox One.

I personally feel a LOT of Xbox One fans are delusional loyalists (totally not talking about you man... you're in the rational group with valid arguments) who think that M$ has done no wrong. They don't care about the crap behavior from them... the cost or power/capability or exclusive titles etc... all they care about is that it's an Xbox. They likely were among the group who started, or restarted, gaming on the 360 with COD MW1 or 2 and only uses their console for COD, GTA, Madden... they're not gamers just loyalist fanbois.

(and not talking you out of a One... just heads up as it's interesting info)

If you're into TV alternatives... keep your eye out for more information on the PS4. Sony signed that big deal with Viacom and are in talks with others... likely bringing their own (pay per channel or monthly fee most likely) internet streaming TV service to Playstation devices next year.

Speculation until then... but there is loads of shit going on now with Sony and their Gaikai work, TV deals and the VitaTV... going to get interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:11 pm

After all I have seen, read and everything that MS has done in the past 6 months.

I don't see any reason to buy this product.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Nely, i personally don't either... no appeal at all... not one little bit. I don't think i'm even going to miss Halo... the last few haven't been that great. Where PS4 has so much appeal (to me) with the huge amount of exclusive FTP, Indy games and 1st party titles and free titles on PS+... Gaikai and Playstation TV (2014 if rumors are to be believed)...

The controller, from all on hand reviews, is supposed to now be tailored to FPS games with a larger overall design (bigger than the Ones oddly enough) and super accurate tumbsticks that are more taut... the 6-axis control and touchpad. Even the PS Camera... with facial rec... motion/gesture control and voice navigation (not a big interest personally but) if i CHOOSE to pick it up it's only $59 bucks... it's great they made it an OPTION.

And that's not even getting into the consoles power advantage... It was a no brainer for me this generation.

But i also can't hate on One fans. It will likely be a great console in the long run... with solid first party games like Halo, Titanfall and Forza.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Nely wrote:
Sony fanboyism lol

Sounds like Gun is upset over what MS is doing.  Can you blame him?  He should be mad at MS and if you are a hardcore gamer you should be too.

I am a hardcore gamer, and I liked the ideas that sony put forth. it was steam and steambox with a much better community than psn. No one could see past the fact that they could not take their game to their friends house (when have you done that lately?) but the flip side was you could actually PLAY it streaming from their servers. I guess the mouthbreathers won, at least I get to keep my dedicated servers for Ghosts and Titanfall. I really am starting to get sick coming to the forums and having to defend a console from those who are bashing and it aren't even the ones that had intended to buy it.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Why do you "have" to defend your console choice? Sounds like your own issue as opposed to someone else's
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm

^^^Yeah... this.^^^

If you don't feel betrayed by M$... cool.  I do.  And i dislike the One in physical form and digital platform.  

It's no big deal... they'll both play games.  All comes down to what you like.

I don't understand your comments about needing to "defend" a console.   And a lot of us "bashing" the One were all set to go with Xbox this generation until both consoles were unveiled at E3 and M$ flopped.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:28 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
Nely wrote:
Sony fanboyism lol

Sounds like Gun is upset over what MS is doing.  Can you blame him?  He should be mad at MS and if you are a hardcore gamer you should be too.

I am a hardcore gamer,  and I liked the ideas that sony put forth.  it was steam and steambox with a much better community than psn.  No one could see past the fact that they could not take their game to their friends house (when have you done that lately?) but the flip side was you could actually PLAY it streaming from their servers. I guess the mouthbreathers won,  at least I get to keep my dedicated servers for Ghosts and Titanfall.  I really am starting to get sick coming to the forums and having to defend a console from those who are bashing and it aren't even the ones that had intended to buy it.  
Well I went to post my 2 cents on this and POOF my contribution was gone. It never flippin posted damn it! Fifteen minutes of blood, sweat and tears pouring out, nope like I never typed it.
Anyway, short version;
Don't take this stuff personally. The forum is here for all opinions and expressions of interests as long as no one is dishing out personal attacks. Avoid the threads that frustrate you unless you actually thrive on frustration. The thread will die if no one likes it. All is good and Life goes on. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.   Surprise!  Kinect 2.0... still not any good. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise! Kinect 2.0... still not any good.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next