Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 vs Xbox One

Go down 
+8
walldoggy
NukeLaCoog
JAGERpatrol
coxey70
UncleHubb
Repo_Dog
TheCanisDirus
Captain100Proof
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain100Proof

Captain100Proof

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:04 am

I know this has been posted numerous times. But I am trying to decide which one to go with. I am hoping the Over 30 clan members I play with on PS3 are going with the PS4 it's good times playing with them. I just don't know which to go with. Any input??
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:28 am

Very personal choice and no wrong one at that...

I personally don't see anything appealing in the Xbox One and I really like/appreciate how Sony is concentrating more on pure gaming with the PS4 and the Vita-TV/Gaikai synergy... love the FTP game lineup and big exclusives with indy developers. Hell, i could own a PS4, never buy a game and be happy with all of the FTPs coming.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:33 am

Seance the 30 is mostly cod it makes little deference, It's all up to opinion or your choice !
Until we get hands on the new console's 80 % do the same things and the rest is opinion and rumor !
I made my decision based on what I know and past from all ! I can get you a Atari !
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 am

I've only ever known PS's ... tried an Xbox once and my little brain couldn't handle the different button layout!

I don't think you can go wrong with either - both going to be great platforms. I've got the PS4 ordered only because it's what I'm used to. But I have heard people are going the PS4 way because it's $100 cheaper ... also heard some don't like the 'always on' with the Xbox.
Back to top Go down
coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 am

I have both on pre-order but I'm only going for one of them which at the minute looking like the Xbox one. The reasons 1) because a lot of my friends are getting it 2) because its more expensive hopefully all the kids will buy the PS4 and stop there I'm fed up with little kids pissing around in games
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am

^^^As far as little kids go... if i had to guess... I'd say there are FAR more younger people on the Xbox than Playstation platforms! Every little 10 year old in the states has an Xbox to play Halo and COD on... Playstations aren't "cool" with the tweens lol.
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^As far as little kids go... if i had to guess... I'd say there are FAR more younger people on the Xbox than Playstation platforms!  Every little 10 year old in the states has an Xbox to play Halo and COD on... Playstations aren't "cool" with the tweens lol.
I kinda have to agree with you here... I don't own a 360, but the times I've played on one, it's been nothing but 12 year olds. With all the new features on the Xbone, I'd assume kids are going to be more interested in it than the PS4. I'll be getting a PS4 when the funds are readily available, maybe Christmas time or a little after. Depends on what kind of deals there are available.
Back to top Go down
coxey70

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Your missing the point guys we're talking next gen not current the kids will have which ever console mummy and daddy buy them and for most parents its going to be the cheaper one. Plus the added fact everyones saying that the PS4's "the better console" more powerful blar blar blar the kids buy into it. Think what you want my view it more kids will be on the PS4 and you're welcome to them lol.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:12 pm

^^^Never... Xbox=COD/Halo/Kids Razz  Xbox One will be uber popular with the younger demographic who wants to watch TV on their TV through their Xbox as they Google all over their Facebook and Twitter each other.

Back to top Go down
coxey70

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Shame we can't clarify all this before I buy one I might switch at the last minute Gun lol. Just my theory about them all going for the cheaper console makes sense in my head maybe in reality thats not the case I fancy a change from the xbox but I don't know what the online experience will be like. I had a PS3 and didn't use it much, not at all for the last 3 years so knowing how the xbox performs online its that what I don't know about the PS side and for me thats the most important and what my mates are buying. I'm not anti PS at all in fact if my friend were getting the PS4 that what I'd be getting.

Last edited by coxey70 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:34 pm

coxey, you hit on a oretty good point. Most of the next gen purchases are going to be made based on group decisions. Most gamers who play multiplayer games will buy what their friends buy. It only makes sense that if you play as a group today, you want to continue that with the next console. There are a few people here that are making the switch, but out of a group of a few hundred people I would bet that it it is less than 5%.

Hell, the closer we get to launch the less interested I am in upgrading. From what I have seen so far I don't think I am missing much by waiting till next spring/summer at the earliest.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
coxey70

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Nuke you know what mate I wish I hadn't pre-ordered now but if I don't do it I've wasted the money plus the fact the Mrs won't know what to get me for Christmas if I don't get one lol.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:55 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
From what I have seen so far I don't think I am missing much by waiting till next spring/summer at the earliest.
If you're still into Battlefield you'll be missing the first chance a console will have the "true - 64 players 60fps" experience!  According to those "in the know" Xbox One and PS4 versions of BF4 are the PC version running at a capped 60fps on medium to high... and from all of the hands on of super early Alpha builds on the next gens... it's a big deal!  

This will likely cary over to other multiplayer games... the next gens will be able to run at much higher frame rates and or allow more players... volumetric, particle and other effects not used on current gen games.  

The pretty stuff isn't a big deal to me... but higher frame rate is a HUGE deal.  Just compare the smoothness of BF3 to any recent COD.  BF will finally get that magic 60fps smoothness and crisp visuals.

Watch this video and tell me you're not excited for 60fps!!! lol... most console people have never seen what "real" BF looks like...

YouTube and the like does not display 60fps videos... this one from Gamersyde is... and even though it's PC... it will look almost as good (hell, PS4 and One might even look better as this was buggy beta footage)!  And that crisp look and movement smoothness will be on both next gens... that alone is worth it for me!  Prepare for awe

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_battlefield_4_gameplay_2_pc_-30926_en.html

Last edited by gun fer hire on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:57 pm

If you are not sold on which console to get, it's probably best to wait and see. But really, I don't think many people are going to switch sides at this point. Especially for people essentially "buying blind." So most people will go with what they know, or can glean from the specs, reviews, launch titles, etc.

We did have a thread going with who was getting what on what console here: https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t9667-next-gen-or-not-and-bf4-ghosts-or-both
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
walldoggy

walldoggy

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:35 pm

In response to kids, I am just gonna leave this here.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2013/10/25/ps4-vs-xbox-one-family/
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Naven wrote:

Knack is a really cool game from even a technical standpoint.  Def a neat one for kids.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Naven wrote:

For all the hoo-ha about Kinect, there isn't a game available on launch day made specifically for it?  Wasted opportunity. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
coxey70

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi guys as the deadline approaches (8th Nov) to fully purchase my pre-ordered xbone I'm having second thoughts as to whether I've made the right decision going with the PS4. Now I've read all the reviews going around the internet on which systems better, I know the PS4 is a more powerful system on paper, I know the xbox's ESram isn't big enough (32mb) for a system that'll be around for the next 8-10 years. Now I know both systems will get better over time but I think they'll still be a gap whether that be resolution or fps. I'm not sold on all the multimedia stuff the xbox is packed with. I have read stuff about both systems to a point where theres nothing left to know about them. But knowing all this one simple thing remains it feels wrong not getting the xbox lol its that simple I'm scared of missing out on all my mates talking about having a right laugh playing say cod on their xbox ones. I've told them about all the short comings of the xbox and my concerns about not been the better system in the long run but their decision is a lot more simple than mine, when asked which system they'll be getting it a no thought answer........................................xbox game over.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Some people just like the Xbox for some reason.  There is no wrong console... and to each their own. 

Even if the One was $100 bucks... i wouldnt touch it.  No reason when a far better console exists Razz
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Opinion's get what you want !
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:52 pm

coxey70 wrote:
Hi guys as the deadline approaches (8th Nov) to fully purchase my pre-ordered xbone I'm having second thoughts as to whether I've made the right decision going with the PS4. Now I've read all the reviews going around the internet on which systems better, I know the PS4 is a more powerful system on paper, I know the xbox's ESram isn't big enough (32mb) for a system that'll be around for the next 8-10 years. Now I know both systems will get better over time but I think they'll still be a gap whether that be resolution or fps. I'm not sold on all the multimedia stuff the xbox is packed with. I have read stuff about both systems to a point where theres nothing left to know about them. But knowing all this one simple thing remains it feels wrong not getting the xbox lol its that simple I'm scared of missing out on all my mates talking about having a right laugh playing say cod on their xbox ones. I've told them about all the short comings of the xbox and my concerns about not been the better system in the long run but their decision is a lot more simple than mine, when asked which system they'll be getting it a no thought answer........................................xbox game over.
having a better system does not mean it will be a better experience. I chose and it sounds like your buddies are choosing on what they feel will give them the better experience overall.
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:09 pm

They are BOTH going to be phenomenal systems ... besting the current offerings. I am choosing PS4 because I'm a PS3'er now and it's the platform I'm used to.

Don't think either is a bad choice!
Back to top Go down
glenncb1973

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 am

Not gonna get either but was gonna get the Ps4 now that Dead Rising 3 is coming to the Xbox one might get that but happy with my Xbox 360
Back to top Go down
coxey70

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 pm

I have 3 hours to decide xbox or PS4 my xbox pre-order must be paid by midnight uk time I've been in turmoil all day lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS4 vs Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs Xbox One   PS4 vs Xbox One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 vs Xbox One
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next