Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Slow stalk

Go down 
+9
DeathByAK
optiklone
MoneyMan300
TripleAce Andy
DryestCow186929
Chas-71
pogotheklown
evandadda
Czech371
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Czech371

Czech371

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 am

I've found it much more productive to slow stalk. First few days were ugly with my k/d. Finding it very hard to run and gun shotgun style. The map size has really cut down on the ability to do this.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:02 am

I haven't even touched the shotguns in this game yet. The maps are too big to navigate with a shotty.
Back to top Go down
pogotheklown

pogotheklown

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 31

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm like you where as I like to run around with a shotgun but you just can't do that in this game. I've had to change my play style completely to be successful in this game. I don't like having to move around the map slowly and head glitching and stuff but this game has forced me to play like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pogotheklown
Chas-71

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 am

If you walk in a crouch you are almost silent, I've found myself slowing my game way down as well unfortunately - I have a lot more fun playing balls to the wall - run and gun non stop but the games I do that in typically don't end well for me!
Another thing - the footsteps in this game are almost overpowering and you hear people walking / running from quite a distance. It's very distracting almost to hear how far away the footsteps are at times. They need to tone the footsteps down a little bit or make them make more sense on when you hear them.
Back to top Go down
DryestCow186929

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Chas-71 wrote:
If you walk in a crouch you are almost silent, I've found myself slowing my game way down as well unfortunately - I have a lot more fun playing balls to the wall - run and gun non stop but the games I do that in typically don't end well for me!  
Another thing - the footsteps in this game are almost overpowering and you hear people walking / running from quite a distance.  It's very distracting almost to hear how far away the footsteps are at times.  They need to tone the footsteps down a little bit or make them make more sense on when you hear them.
Couldn't agree more. My k/d is horrible so I've started to slow down, a style I dislike, to try and get it up. Playing a game of Dom yesterday and I think there must have been two minutes of nothing, no kills, no flag changes, no nothing! Everyone was just camping looking for the next guy to run around the map.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:27 am

Chas-71 wrote:
Another thing - the footsteps in this game are almost overpowering and you hear people walking / running from quite a distance.  It's very distracting almost to hear how far away the footsteps are at times.
Not only that, but the AI call outs are damn accurate.. Enemy on main road.. or in the break room, etc. to name a few.

Hearing the enemy approaching and the AI call-outs may be a counter to the large maps. It also increases the solo random's ability to play against a clan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:01 am

Rushing still works, you just have to learn the traffic patterns. You need agile, marathon, steady aim and a light-weight weapon....Honeybadger works really well for this. It's just not as easy as it was in sprint ops 2.
Back to top Go down
optiklone

optiklone

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

With the maps a large as they are and some of them complex I often find my Run n Gun style has been reduced to creeping along scared and alone waiting for a camper to shoot my foot off. Maybe I'm slipping as the years progress.

8 more probation posts...
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm

I've definitely had to change my style as well. Like many others have said, in all previous CoDs I was a RUSH (Run Until Shit Happens) guy.

This game forces you to be much more tactical in your approach. I've adjusted and the game scores have come way up - but they're still very low relative to previous games.

Good Game in Ghosts: 20-4
Good Game in BO2: 48 - 10

I *prefer* the 48 - 10 style of play as that is what CoD IS to me...this game plays much more like BF than CoD...and I think that was an error on IW's part...IMO.
Back to top Go down
XGrimReaper96

XGrimReaper96

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I love it when strikezone comes up, you can run around on that one with a shotgun. Usually do better that way since everyones always in your face. That's the only map I haven't got my head handed to me for using one.
Back to top Go down
Uridium242

Uridium242

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

I enjoy the mix of long/medium range & short range maps.
Keeps it varied and the use of different weapons now has a point instead of every maps is a sniper or SMG map.

MoneyMan,
Rushing is alive and well.
Unlocked that steady aim, deadeye, agility with the CBJ armor piercing SMG rapid fire, grip.
Make em rage on Flooded and other short range maps.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I slowed way down as well, especially on Dom. I was struggling to keep a positive K/D the first couple of days rushing around. But that is why I like jump in the hole so much. It is the 1 game that you can go all out spider monkey on, go positive and win the game almost everytime if your in a group. Dom has been my #1 favorite gametype by far ever sine I started playing COD but in this game I am not a fan. the map size and playing against non objective kill whores make it almost unbearable.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Dubious Baller wrote:
I slowed way down as well, especially on Dom. I was struggling to keep a positive K/D the first couple of days rushing around. But that is why I like jump in the hole so much. It is the 1 game that you can go all out spider monkey on, go positive and win the game almost everytime if your in a group. Dom has been my #1 favorite gametype by far ever sine I started playing COD but in this game I am not a fan. the map size and playing against non objective kill whores make it almost unbearable.
I agree Baller - I've hated just about every Dom game I've played on Ghosts so far.  Part of the problem is, there is no such thing as map control.  The maps are huge and the dom flags are not linear...so you can't lock-down B and control the flow for the rest of the game.

I haven't tried jump in the hole at all yet, but if that's the game that rewards being a spider-monkey, then I'm in!
Back to top Go down
Czech371

Czech371

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:26 am

Agreed about Dom. I actually like TDM better now. The one positive of whole thing is that I haven't been quick scoped yet.
Back to top Go down
DennoCAN

DennoCAN

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 am

I was a run and gunner in BO1, and BO2 as well. But I always found that I have to change my play style for IW games.

I personally dont think it is how large the maps are at all... I always blamed in on how fast you die to basically any bullet that hits you! In Treyarch games I felt like if I got blindsided by someone and their aim was off I had a chance to turn on them and get the kill... one bullet didnt kill me. In IW games that is virtually impossible... even if your opponents aim is shit, your health goes down way to fast to get any chance to recover and turn on someone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slow stalk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow stalk    Slow stalk  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow stalk
Page 1 of 1