Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

How much communication is too much?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How much communication is too much? Empty
PostSubject: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:08 pm

I asked myself this last night as I tend to basically call out where EVERY enemy is, especially if they are in a key area I feel we need to control (ie: the Jungle Hut above B, the Hanoi room with window above B, etc)...

Not sure if I am distracting guys by calling out too many positions but it is just a habit to say whats going on the whole round... or if I get too loud screaming about campers or hit markers haha...

let me know what y'all think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Keep it up colby. Countless times I've heard callouts from teammates that saved my ass. Also some guys don't use the minimap that much. The most valuable ones are when they get behind us using ghost. If anyone is killed back there, please let us know!

The hitmarker comments are something I am trying desperately to curb so I can't hold that against you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 pm

I do the same kinds of calls out....non stop......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:25 pm

I do the same thing with the non-stop callouts. the hit marker issue is getting tolerable (as it's becoming very common) and it seems to change during the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Call outs are great!! They have saved my ass and killstreaks countless times!
I can't chat and focus and the game, but I don't mind it either.
I usually make call-outs, bitch about connection and laugh at the way I just killed some randum.
I have never muted anyone because they just talked to much.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:11 pm

I am usually pretty quiet when I play. I have to force myself to say a lot of shit. There's nothing worse than hearing your mate give a location when he just got hit by something you saw but were too lazy to sound off about. I think too much communication is just enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:12 pm

I think communication is good - calling out enemy locations isn't ever going to be unwelcome for me. Better to call out where they're camping/prowling or where they shot you from so they're less likely to build up to higher killstreaks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:43 am

Brief callout and descriptions are great. Get them done so we can find the bad guys.

When you go on for 5+ seconds about how you were killed and I cant hear any other constructive callout and clutter up the channel with stuff that means nothing then I get frustrated.

Say you call out and get off the channel. Otherwise callouts are great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 am

Yes, communication is key. The more info. you have the better we well play together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:04 am

I call out all the time even when my Mic is on mute. But at least I don't look stupid cuz the Mic is still in my ear at lest lol i also hitch a lot. I get mad at campers or how bad I am doing. Other then that call outs are good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 am

Wini... Next time we play together I'll be giving you my best readings of TS Elliot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am

...or maybe some truly absurd Burroughs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 am

Winicott1001 wrote:
Brief callout and descriptions are great. Get them done so we can find the bad guys.

When you go on for 5+ seconds about how you were killed and I cant hear any other constructive callout and clutter up the channel with stuff that means nothing then I get frustrated.

lol good thing you dont play much with me... "this fucker just killed me with dual pistols vs my galil"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 am

I agree Colby, it's not too much. I do the same thing and have heard countless times from clannies "he's dead". So I figure it never hurts, and that tells me that those kind of detailed callouts really help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:55 pm

I tend to be very quiet on the channel as well, but have been getting better about doing callouts. I want a friend to be able to disable that trap that I just bumbled into.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:

^^this^^

We did a thread about call outs before and trying to encourage people to not be afraid to speak up.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:22 pm

The more communication, the better. I always try to encourage the newer guys to not be shy and call stuff out. I actually prefer it to random chatter sometimes. It's hard to say someone is taking B when people are talking about going out the night before, etc. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
Winicott1001 wrote:

lol good thing you dont play much with me... "this fucker just killed me with dual pistols vs my galil"

I don't think I was clear enough. My bad. I want communication. That post was made based on a few matches I had a month or so ago where no one could get in a word edgewise.

I prefer more to less. If in a lobby where no one says anything then we are doomed. I have been on lobbies where the call outs are strings of random swear words and do not include anything of any tactical value. Descriptions of bad guys and where they are, including sets of perks and weapon load outs. Complaining about dying is not that big a deal either. I had a bad experience in a lobby where one or two guys talked the whole time. I could not hear other players call outs. I could not make my own call outs. This is rare and has not happened in a while.

On the whole I want to hear you talk. I want to hear where you died. I want to hear how many on A and where they are coming from. I want to hear loadouts, player names, and camping spots. I want to hear where they are spawning. I want to hear about people who are trying to shoot down air support. I want the description to be brief and I want the channel open so other people can make the same call outs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:39 pm

All in all I feel we are pretty balanced with communication. I agree with Wini, I want to hear what is happening. But I also know, for the most part, who I am playing with and what they communicate. Some of us are very quiet, some of us are very precise in letting others know where they are and what is happening, some of us are swearing up a storm and letting everyone know who is a douchebag and how good or bad their connection is. It typically all good.

One thing I would like to see us ratchet down a little better is getting the upper hand in the close matches. I am a slave to the B flag and I live and die there a lot. Sometimes when we are close or down I feel like we could be better about capping that flag when it is important. Those moment are frantic and usually accompanied by "holy shit these guys are everywhere!". Maybe it would be beneficial to come into those situations with a bit more control and communication.

Another part of capping flags is communicating what you are covering when you are taking the flag. ie it does us no good when 2 people are capping the B on summit and we are both aiming our guns down at the snow path door.

It seems most of us agree that more info is better. Speak up!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:06 pm

chef wrote:
Another part of capping flags is communicating what you are covering when you are taking the flag. ie it does us no good when 2 people are capping the B on summit and we are both aiming our guns down at the snow path door.

It seems most of us agree that more info is better. Speak up!

Often times, if I'm the first person on a flag, I'll try to tell the next guy what area to cover. Or if I'm the second guy there, I will point a different way than the guy who is there already. It makes no sense for all of us to point the same way when we're capping a flag. Better to each cover a different zone than everyone looking the same way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:23 pm

I agree calling out when your taking a flag and what area you are covering ie: "ill cover the doorway from the snow path you cover the doorway coming up from A" can be very beneficial...

I admit I am not a huge flag capper, rather I call myself a flanker... I like to run up the border of the map toward the enemy spawn and give them hell just trying to get anywhere near the middle... It doesnt show in stats aside from kills, but I think that making the enemy fight out of their spawn is crucial to holding a position... it also gives me the opportunity to make more callouts as to whos coming where and how many, etc...

Really I just wanted to make sure my detailed info and bitching wasnt too distracting to others in the game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 am

I agree chef, I always try to face the opposite direction if I'm capping a flag with 1 or more people, try to cover every angle the enemy might be coming from. It doesn't do much good if everyone is on A facing B leaving ours backs wide open for a flank for example. I know this is just one of those little things but it makes a big difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:22 am

I want to hear where you died how you died and why you died. I could care less if you just say it whine about it swear about it or whatever as long as I know where the enemy that killed my homie is. We are all friends here lets keep the communication going. Thats what we have the mics for in the first place.

Vegas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 am

Overall, the chat isn't overwhelming or annoying at all. We talk about random funny shit pregame lobby, but in the game it is about the game. Occassion WTF's are expected. They are more useful when a direction/place of camper is added with it. I know I am guilty of bitching about this also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 am

think it's a sad day when I have waited 2-3 days and this thread still has a serious note.. So, I'll begin to answer the question posed by this thread's title and try to get us back on the >30< track. How much communication is too much?

-When JK takes a leak without muting his mic. Healthy stream bro, but......

carry on soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much communication is too much?   How much communication is too much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much communication is too much?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next