Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style

Go down 
+8
Nely
Vidzjunkie
bee_swarm
Kamea6
birddotcom
walldoggy
TheZeroDivide
evandadda
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Empty
PostSubject: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm

So I was tired of running without my scuf from my PS3 and decided to do something about it.  I took apart the PS4 controller to take a look.  I stumbled across a youtube vid that shows the proper solder points and went to work.  Probably took a total of about an hour to work on this.  It was pretty easy, but you need decent soldering skills and proper tools to do the job.  I have all the proper gauge wiring, multimeter, good soldering station with proper tips, etc. at work.  

I had originally planned on using the paddles from my PS3 scuf, but with the shape and placement of the new buttons, the paddles would not have worked.  Probably a total of about $10 in parts to do the job.  I have yet to test as I'm at work but will get online later to test and report back.  I also removed the rumble packs as I turn them off anyways

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Photo_10

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Photo_11

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Photo_12
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 pm

I'm so damned jealous. I wish I had the technical skill/know how to do something like that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 pm

I think someone may have stumbled upon a second job... or at least second income stream. Let us know how it works for you and... how much you'd want to do mine too.  bounce 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:53 pm

TheZeroDivide wrote:
I'm so damned jealous.  I wish I had the technical skill/know how to do something like that.

Yeah I wouldn't attempt this one if you haven't done much soldering. The PS3 solder points are easy to get to, on the PS4 controller the board design is better, tighter, less test points, open vias, etc. You actually have to etch away at the board to get to bare copper and the solder points are tiny. My old ass eyes were struggling a bit. I still have yet to test but my meter said I was accessing the correct buttons lol
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Hacker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:56 pm

walldoggy wrote:
I think someone may have stumbled upon a second job... or at least second income stream.  Let us know how it works for you and... how much you'd want to do mine too.   bounce 

I'll let you know if it works wally. If I do another one I'm gonna do some better research on momentary buttons as the radio shack crap has a mushy feel. I want more of a "click" when I press the button
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:56 pm

birddotcom wrote:
Hacker.

You damn right!!!
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm

that's some nice work evan, i have a ps3 scuf controller i can't use anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Bird, pretty soon I'll be jumpshooting like Arvydas Sabonis. Although thats prolly not the greatest analogy as he didn't jump very high from what I remember lol
Back to top Go down
bee_swarm

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:32 pm

nice. waiting patiently for the results. Would you like to mod a controller for me? hehe
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:54 pm

bee_swarm wrote:
nice. waiting patiently for the results. Would you like to mod a controller for me? hehe

When you coming over to ps4 bee?? I know you got a few laying around!! Turn that thing on and join us!!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Pretty soon, Bee will have a modded PS4 controller, PS+ card, and several PS4 games.  And no PS4.  lol

I think you are doing is backasswards.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Tested it out and it works!!
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Thats bad ass

I don't have a PS4 but that is amazing...I would pay you to do mine if i had a PS4

Great Job man

We might have our custom "Over 30" Controllers soon it looks like..LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:36 pm

evandadda wrote:
Tested it out and it works!!

Reported.

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:38 pm

evandadda wrote:
bee_swarm wrote:

When you coming over to ps4 bee??  I know you got a few laying around!!  Turn that thing on and join us!!

bee

C'mon dickhead

Time to upgrade

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
pogotheklown

pogotheklown

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 31

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:56 am

Here you are modding your controller to help you cheat at the game and I can't even get mine out of it's packaging!!! Fuck me, hacker!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pogotheklown
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:07 pm

So do all the other buttons work too? This is just an extra one on the bottom?
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Regular X and O still work. They're just more accessible at the alternate locations where I've added the buttons
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:18 pm

With the 3-day weekend coming up I'm going to attempt something custom with the buttons. Will keep you guys updated. If it works out it's going to be cool!! Gonna have some fun with fiberglass this weekend.....
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Also, walldoggy there are two buttons, one on each side. One for jump the other for knife
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

pogotheklown wrote:
Here you are modding your controller to help you cheat at the game and I can't even get mine out of it's packaging!!! Fuck me, hacker!!

I prefer booster  Razz 
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Ok when these are ready for prime time, let me know how to get my order in.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Ok so Ive changed a few things.  My first attempt at this was more or less a test to see if I could pull it off.  I was unhappy with the buttons that I used from Radio Shack and their placement.  I ended up ordering a smattering of buttons from digikey to get the "click" that I liked from my scuf.  No big deal as they were only 20 cents a piece or so.  I also moved the buttons so they fall naturally where my middle fingers hold the controller.  New buttons and their locations:

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4111 Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4113

Next, I attempted to make my own "pads" so I don't have to be as precise when I press on the button.  I wanted something that conformed to the controller so after a few hours it wouldn't wear on my fingers as much.  So I broke out the fiberglass, bondo, sanded them down, cut them to shape and painted.  Here are the various stages:

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4114Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4115Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4116

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4117Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4119

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4120Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Img_4121

The new pads are mounted over the buttons and "hover" over them.  Not too happy with the mounting hardware I selected but I have some black anodized stuff at work I can swap out with.  

I definitely prefer the feel and placement of the pads as opposed to my previous ps3 scuf.  It feels more natural in the locations I've chosen and there's more surface area for me to press on the pad.  

Fun little project.  Took a little of my time here and there over the past few days, mainly just waiting for stuff to dry.  That being said, I doubt I'd do any more of these.  If the soldering points were more readily accessible I'd consider doing these for the clan.  I wasted one controller trying to simplify my soldering technique and trace the solder points to see if there were any other points I could tap into but no joy.  The solder points are too difficult to work with on a consistent basis.  Am curious to see how scuf works around this issue as Sony has done a good job to prevent 3rd party integrators from modifying their controller.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:04 pm

So, what you're saying is that you only wish to make one for me and the rest of the clan can stick it? Sir, I will have to respectfully decline (i.e. pm me) as I could not take part in such a blatant disregard for clan unity (seriously, pm me, I have dollars to throw at your sexy ass!)

Excellent work! It sucks that you had to waste a controller for it, but it's nice that you have a personalized scuf-like controller for less than a scuf would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style   Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modded my PS4 controller, scuf style
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next