Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Mic Upgrade????

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm currently using a Bluetooth but I'm thinking of upgrading. I'm thinking of the TB PX21. I know there have been some threads talking about the quality of these.

Should I do it?

Will this really increase my experience compared to a Bluetooth?
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm

your experience will be way better so totally do it. The sound is great and the chat is much better. I wish I would have got my headset a long time ago. After using one I can't go back to the bluetooth. Plus everyone else won't have to hear the background noise, echo from the TV if your bluetooth is doing that. The PX21's have quality issues with breaking. If you can afford to bump up a couple of trim models to the higher end Turtle Beaches or Tritton Pros. Sound is true surround and better, plus they are more durable.

Buy once, cry once is my motto. Ask FBD how many headsets he went thru to find the right ones. He could have bought his current ones 3 times over. I went thru 3 different Bluetooths before I pulled the trigger on the Tritton Pros. Wish I could have used that 120 bucks I wasted on Bluetooth headsets towards the Trittons. Would have paid quite a bit of the final product. There is a thread that goes into depth about the different headsets and trim models of headsets. I believe it is under the technical help sub forum. I will see if I can find the thread and post it here for you.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Here you go. There are a couple of other thread to look at about headsets also, but this thread addresses the problems with the PX21's

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t712-durable-headset
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks BigDaddyN8

I'm checking out the BB site now.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:37 pm

The PX21s sound great, and they are a good price but SAVE THE BOX AND RECEIPT! It's not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" they break. The good thing about TB is the 1 year warranty. And then you get another year on the replacement set. So, in theory, you could just keep buying them, and returning the broken ones for new ones, etc. But to me, it's a hassle.

Trittons are probably the best quality as far as durability go.

My current set is the TB PX5 wireless, and they are a much better design then the PX21 series. And no wire for kids and dogs to trip on.

From what I hear, Astros are very nice too. No matter what you do, you'll love the improved sound and mic. Just save all the packaging and receipt.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am

I don't have any experience with them...but the PS3 wireless sets are under $100 and have very solid amazon reviews... I'm thinking about getting a set...
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 am

I have my second set of turtle beach. the first set, the sound went out on one side. this one is only 3 or four months old and I'm getting the hints of static starting up. I checked out the two web sites for tritton and astro. I thnk a friend of mine has the tritton and I havent heard of any issues..The Astros look really nice. I think I will go for quality next time. tb sounds and works good but the durability isn't there.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 am

I was looking at the reviews for the tb p11. They have 50mm speakers and I think I want mic monitoring which I don't think you get with tritons. Does anyone have any experience with p11's? Maybe I'll have to spend more cash... Was hoping to stay under a 100 bucks.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:23 am

I second what everyone else is saying. Headsets are great and you will be very happy you made the change. It will be like getting a whole new game once you hear it in the headphones.

I am not a controller thrower or a rage quitter. I feel that I treated my TB PX21’s extra gentle since I could tell when they came out of the box that the ear piece swivel was very fragile. I babied the heck out of these things since people were breaking them under what appeared to be ‘normal useage’.

Sure enough, earlier in October I put my hand down to adjust how I was sitting and I held down the cord while I pushed myself up. Pulled the earpiece right off the head band. Broke right at the swivel. There are some fixes on you tube that seem OK. I used Gorilla Glue on mine and they have held just fine for the last few weeks. Earpiece does not swivel though… Will not replace them unless something devastating happens to them.

The wireless PS3 ones look like a great deal at under $100.

Enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:37 pm

I decided on the TB P11's.

When I was playing Blops tonight my name wasn't showing in-game for the chat, but they could hear me. Has anyone else had this?
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:04 pm

SpiderPlant007 wrote:

When I was playing Blops tonight my name wasn't showing in-game for the chat, but they could hear me. Has anyone else had this?

Yes, many times. It's a bail out of lobby come right back in sort of thing, which means its the game not the headset..IMO.

I bought some px21's when I started with the clan, and I've yet to break them. I'm probably overly careful though after reading all the horror stories of broken headsets on the forum.

Like its been said above, it will be like a new game with the sounds that you pick up. My surround sound is no where as good as the headphones for picking up footsteps etc.
Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:12 am

Kagan wrote:
SpiderPlant007 wrote:

Yes, many times. It's a bail out of lobby come right back in sort of thing, which means its the game not the headset..IMO.

I bought some px21's when I started with the clan, and I've yet to break them. I'm probably overly careful though after reading all the horror stories of broken headsets on the forum.

Like its been said above, it will be like a new game with the sounds that you pick up. My surround sound is no where as good as the headphones for picking up footsteps etc.

In the lobby I can see my little speaker thing working, but while playing the game I'm not seeing my name on the left. I was out and back in lobby's numerous times last night.

I was impressed how the headset increased my awareness of the direction sound was coming from. Evening finding helicopters and such.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mic Upgrade???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Upgrade????   Mic Upgrade???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mic Upgrade????
Page 1 of 1