Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Update!!!.............Alot going on right now

Go down 
+3
JK STEELERS68
The1UrLookin4
walldoggy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Empty
PostSubject: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Well everyone just wanted to let everyone know I have been working alot of hrs here lately and some of you all already know the things my family has had to face ,from the wife being hit by a deer,(Her story and she's sticking too it!!) , to my car acting a fool, insurance totaling the car and having to find a new 1 on very short notice....to the biggest of all TRIALS.....this is very personal but I will need some extra support for my online family as much since I only have a mother left.

My wife recently found a lump, and we both been very positive about it, but today her ultra-sound showed 2, and the Dr. wanted to do a Biopsy today, she said no and it is being done first thing in the morning. My wife said that with the expression he had even though he said he wasn't 100% sure, she feels it is, and I've kinda had that feeling all along. I have been keeping my Faith and praiseing the Lord for the Blessing that lie around the corner instead of complaining.. WE WILL SURVIVE!! If you see me playing just know that my mind may not be fully into the game, and that I will need as much fun and laughter as possible.....thank you all ahead of time for prayers and your thoughts.

I watched my Mother have cancer, watched it take my Grandmother, and also watched it take my wife's Grandmother....so this is something that hits home very hard, and being at work is only a temp. distraction from the thoughts, which is why I will lean to you all for those great times we've all shared here, and in game.....

Last edited by ReaverofSouls77 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : UPDATE)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear about everything that is going on in your life right now. I will be praying for you and your wife.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey Reaver sorry to hear the news....not going to preach to you but just want to say that my wife had breast cancer 2 years ago (she's only 35).....it was the hardest time of both our lives but we stayed strong and she fought it and won so you both try and do the same....people sometimes don't realise how much the partner goes through it also so if you ever want to pm me for a private chat feel free...my thoughts and prayers are with you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Reaver - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Even though wild animals have not been attacking my car, I can relate. My wife recently found a lump as well, she has her biopsy scheduled for next week. I keep preaching the odds to my wife, but her family has a history of cancer (her older sister just died last month of cancer in her GI), right now the hardest part is not knowing and waiting...

Keep the faith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 pm

My thoughts are with you and your wife, I hope the best for you both. I will try to bring all the fun times I can when I see you online, granted that may mean we need to play BO Very Happy .

But seriously take it a day at a time and think as positive as you can.

My best to you my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Reaver, keep you're head up. The higher you keep yours, the easier it will be for her to stay positive. I know I'll be praying for you, your wife, and your family. I know what the c word can do to a family and playing COD was actually what I did to get away from it and release some stress. If it does turn out to be cancer, it's beatable. I can't stress enough about staying positive for your wife. Support her and vent here, I'm sure nobody here minds a few rants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Reaver,

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999, so I can relate a bit. She had Stage III ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS if you Google). At the time, for her advanced stage there was a 13% survival rate for 5 years post-diagnosis. She beat it in 2000, but it metastasized to her liver, lungs, and bones in 2001, and she passed in 2007. It was unusual for someone with her diagnosis to make it 8 years living with cancer.

Catching these things early is important, and they can do more now than they could in 1999. Your wife knows her body better than anyone else, hope for the best but either way I'm sure you'll be there for your wife to support and encourage her throughout this difficult time for your family.

If it does end up being the worst, and you want a second opinion, I highly recommend checking out the Duke Cancer Institute at Duke University - they're somewhat close to you, and my mom went there as well. Thoughts and prayers to your family, and if we're partied up I will try to make sure we have fun.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Prayers inbound for you and your wife. X2 on what was said here and we will attempt to lighten your heart with our adolescent potty humor. Won't make it all better, but may take the sting of worrying about the unknown away a little bit. God bless you and your family.

Nathan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:27 pm

That's a lot to deal with, our thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Reaver, my thought and prayers are with you brother.....Say strong and hopefully things will work out for the best.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Our prayers are out to you and your family. Stay strong for your wife and be a support to her. You've got bros here to vent with and chat with any time you want. Keep the faith and stay positive.

-ken
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 pm

justyourhero wrote:
Reaver,

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999, so I can relate a bit. She had Stage III ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS if you Google). At the time, for her advanced stage there was a 13% survival rate for 5 years post-diagnosis. She beat it in 2000, but it metastasized to her liver, lungs, and bones in 2001, and she passed in 2007. It was unusual for someone with her diagnosis to make it 8 years living with cancer.

Catching these things early is important, and they can do more now than they could in 1999. Your wife knows her body better than anyone else, hope for the best but either way I'm sure you'll be there for your wife to support and encourage her throughout this difficult time for your family.

If it does end up being the worst, and you want a second opinion, I highly recommend checking out the Duke Cancer Institute at Duke University - they're somewhat close to you, and my mom went there as well. Thoughts and prayers to your family, and if we're partied up I will try to make sure we have fun.

This is Amanda (Reaver's Wife)thanks to all for the encouraging words! But on that note justyourhero as a die hard Tarheel fan I have to say NO TO DUKE lol!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Sad

Seriously Duke Cancer Institute is a world-leading institution in cancer treatment and research. Just put on a floppy hat, shades and a trenchcoat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am

Reaver, sorry to hear of the news...I wish you guys the best...we will be here to shoot pixel people and try to offer a way to distract the mind.

Amanda...your anti-duke sentiment despite the situation cracked me up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 am

Reaver and Amanda, sounds like you are blessed to have one another to love and support through the challenges that life throws at us! Sounds like life is working through the bullpen right now, but you have a lot going for you. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:20 am

Hey Reaver,

You sound like a person with determination and a strong heart. Keep on trucking with your faith and love to your family, and we'll keep you (and your family) in our prayers.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:19 am

Reav, I may often be at a loss for the right words, but never more so than when expressing sympathy. It sounds like you 2 have a good grasp on the situation and your love will get you thru these times. I to echo the sentiments expressed by our ext family, and will keep y'all in my prayers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:43 am

Reaver... You are a bad motherfucker with all kinds of strength that can shame many of us. Always here if ya need an ear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:00 am

Reaver, keep your head up, my thoughts are with you and your family! You know we are always here for ya brother, to help/support anyway we can!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 am

Reaver & Amanda

Good luck to the both of you. Know that we are all thinking of you during this difficult time.
Grandma Winicott fought cancer for the better part of 25 years. You can talk about the numbers and how likely survival rates are, but it is little confort when you personally are the ones playing the odds. Maybe more comfort comes from knowing that there are people who care about you and your family.

Take care.

P.S. How sick can she be if she is giving Hero a hard time about Duke?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:40 am

Im sorry to hear about this Reaver. I hope everything works out for you man I really do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 pm

good luck reaver.. I was wondering why I hadnt seen you since the MW3 release... hope all works out ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:12 am

Well we got the call yesterday and it is the feared....but we are doing good with it and our new motto is "We Got This, Cause God's Got Us!!". Thanks for all the prayers and kind words, I am sure that as this continues and I'm not at work as much that I will be online more often as things here get taken care of; to disapate all the thoughts of it and enjoy my Extended Family....again know that my wife and I are in the BEST of HANDS.... and don't forget the motto!!! WE GOT THIS!!! Our Love to all!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:33 am

I'm sorry Reaver Sad Your motto is great and true. I'll continue praying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 am

Sorry to hear that Reaver but like outlaw said that is a great motto to carry you through this. My thoughts are with you and Amanda during this time. Let me know when you will be on and we can kill some enemies and laugh while doing it.

Stay strong my friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update!!!.............Alot going on right now   Update!!!.............Alot going on right now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update!!!.............Alot going on right now
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next