Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Survey: BO Vs. MW3

Go down 
2 posters

After doing the survey below which game had the highest score at the end?
Black Ops score was higher
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_lcap40%Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Modern Warfare 3 score was higher
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_lcap45%Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Both scored equally
Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_lcap15%Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 am

This survery was created by kcboy17. Please feel free to participate.

Please read carefully.

Cast Your Vote: Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) VS. Black Ops (BO)

The following survey is meant to search for a quantitative answer to the question “What’s your pick, MW3 or BO?” This is a survey, which means you will be giving your opinion and not necessarily the right or wrong answer.

Instructions: Write either M (MW3) or B (BO) as an answer to each question. The total number of points for each individual question will be given to either MW3 or BO.

Example: 5 points - Coolness - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO level of coolness? _B_

In the made-up example above, the survey taker awarded 5 points to BO. The game (i.e., MW3 or BO) with the highest number of points (out of 50) will represent your preference.

SURVEY

Category # 1 – Games Within The Games:
• 5 points - Special Ops/Zombies – Do you prefer waves of enemy soldiers (MW3) or waves of zombies (BO)? _____
• 10 points - Multiplayer – Do you prefer the MW3 or BO multiplayer? _____
• 5 points - Campaign – Do you prefer the MW3 or BO campaign? _____

Category #2 – Distinct Differences:
• 2 points - Unlocking and Upgrading: Rich Getting Richer VS. CoD Points - Do you prefer the progression of unlocking stuff from MW3 or the CoD buying power of BO? _____
• 2 points - Killstreaks: Support Killstreaks VS. Buildup Killstreaks - Do you prefer the more self-governing, diverse, and flexible killstreaks of MW3 or the traditional racking up consecutive kills of BO? _____
• 2 points - Proficiencies: Proficiencies VS. No Proficiencies - Do you prefer having the MW3 proficiencies for your primary weapons (e.g., Impact, Kick, Focus, Breath, etc.) or do you prefer having the BO perks only?_____
• 2 points - Deathstreaks: Desthstreaks VS. No Deathstreaks - Do you prefer having the MW3 Deathstreaks or not (BO)? _____
• 2 points - Equipment: Lethal/Tactical VS. Lethal/Tactical/Equipment - Do you having the 2 MW3 categories of equipment or the 3 BO categories of equipment? _____
• 2 points - Game Modes: Core/Alternate VS. Core/Hardcore/Wager - Do you prefer having the format of the 2 MW3 categories or the 3 BO categories of Game Modes? _____

Category #3 – Personal Preference of…
• 1 point - Maps - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of maps? _____
• 1 point - Primary Weapons - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of primary weapons? _____
• 1 point - Secondary Weapons - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of secondary weapons? _____
• 1 point - Equipment - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of equipment? _____
• 1 point - Attachments - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of attachments? _____
• 1 point - Perks - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of perks? _____
• 1 point - Killstreaks/Strike - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of kill rewards? _____
• 1 point - Game Modes - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of perks? _____
• 1 point - Playercard - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of playercard components? _____
• 1 point – Emblems/Symbols - Do you prefer the MW3 or BO choices of emblems/symbols (e.g., prestige, ranks, etc.)?_____

Category #4 – Overall Quality of…
• 1 point - Framerate (FPS) - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Graphics - MW3 or BO? ____
• 1 point - Resolution - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Connection - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Matching Speed - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Hit Detection - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Game Sound - MW3 or BO? _____
• 1 point - Chat Sound - MW3 or BO? _____

SCORING
Category #1 possible points = 20
Category #2 possible points = 12
Category #3 possible points = 10
Category #4 possible points = 8
Total Possible Points = 50

Categories MW3 BO
#1 ___pts. ___pts.
#2 ___pts. ___pts.
#3 ___pts. ___pts.
#4 ___pts. ___pts.
Grand Totals ___pts. ___pts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:57 am

chat sound should be 10 points
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:00 am

I like both games. I miss the tomahawks, the clear mics, and the ease of putting parties together. I do like MW3 alot, however Black Ops took the score in the end...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 am

It was close but MW3 edged out in the end. Thanks to KC for taking the time to put it together
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:31 am

I was going to make something like this but just didnt have the time to put it together. Ill do it when I have the available time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 am

Split right up the middle when all things considered. Both games have major pluses and some drawbacks too. The results should be compiled and sent to ACTIVISION so next time they make a game they consider the opinion of OG Gamers aka The Over30Clan aka #1 MW3 clan on the internets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks kc. Agree with manic that the chat is the most frustrating thing to me.

I like survival mode better than zombies. I like the KS options in MW3 way better. I like the guns in MW3 better than in BO as they are different than each other. I like the game mode KC a lot. I like the maps. I like the gun perks. I like the perks better as well. I can even deal with some lag (as long as I am not using my beloved MK-14 which really suffers with lag). I like the little emblems and titles.

In BO the spawns made sense as long as you were not playing demolition. In BO we could talk to each other. I like the custom playercard as well.

For me there is little coordination in the game due to the crazy spawns and poor mics. If you could get BO Spawns and BO Chat in MW3 I think hands down the product is better IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:40 pm

MW3 won by a lot. I love that now you get a token to do what you want when you prestige. Since I can unlock my favorite weapon(s) or perk(s), I'll be prestiging all the way through. There was no way I was going to prestige in BlOps. This negated the currency system in BlOps for me. What's the point in having all that money if I end up losing it when I prestige? It'd be better if we could stay at the highest rank, save up some cash, then unlock what we want when we prestige.

I also like that you have to choose between claymores and grenades. Playing SnD, you HAD to run either flak jacket or hacker because of all the claymores. Now, most people will use nades. They also did away with lightweight, and made it a DS.

Only thing I miss is the emblem editor, but it's also fun to complete challenges for emblems in MW3.

Before MW3 came out I used to say to myself that I'll still play BlOps because it's so balanced, but I think MW3 beats it out in that too. BlOps doesn't quite have that fun factor that IW's games have.

The only bads in MW3 are the lag, the chat, the lag, getting into lobbies with the clan, spawns, and most of all... the lag.

Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 pm

I think that the reason why Black Ops won for me is because I haven't played zombies or survival mode, and I have played the campaign on MW3 so I split the points between the 2 Black Ops only won by 6 points if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Tomahawks were a lot easier in BlOps when compared to throwing knives in MW3. Think I've only got about 5 kills with the TK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Black Ops was a clear cut winner for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 pm

You guys and gals rock! I'm excited to see the level of participation so far. Thanks for taking the time; I know it's pretty long.

A part of my day job is to conduct research, and I thought it would be cool to settle the dilemma with a survey. I will remain ethical (lol) by not participating since I created the survey.

It took me some time to develop, but I think this forum is a huge part of what seperates this clan/website from the others. By the way, I am a week old member that is looking for website clan friends and that needs all the brownie points (reputation points) he can get... Very Happy

Laters
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Two very different games both have negatives and positives. I like the stacked KS, I also like the support KS which does negate the assault streak. I LOVE the fact you get perks for capping a flag or shooting down a UAV or Heli.....In BO I almost never carried a launcher where as in MW3 I have one equipped in 4 of my 6 classes. I just hope the new DLC maps are a little larger and dynamic than the current ones.

I do miss the face paint, the BBQ, and playercards but not the guns, I had a much harder time aiming and hitting target on BO.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm

I've always said. Take the best of BO and the best of MW3 and add a little Tiger Woods Player customization and you would have the perfect game. IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Good poll KC, +1.

Lag, and spawns aside, MW3 wins for me.

I do wish you could carry claymores and nades, but I understand why you can't. It definitely makes the camper's little friend (Claymore) a real premium. In fact I rarely see them, or get killed by them.

I liked the COD cash in blops more than the level grind of MW3. And the matchmaking of MW3 blows.

I much prefer the campaign of IW games to treyarch, and LOVE the spec ops vs. zombies.

Overall, MW3 for me. If they fix the coms and matchmaking, it will be a great game. It's not there yet.

I'd also like to see stats in the lobby for tags picked up and captures/defends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:23 pm

I am really starting to like MW3. I don't think with the chat system how it is now it will ever be as fun as Black Ops tho. Good Poll. It was closer then I thought it would be for me.

Cat 1-MW3 10 BO 10

Cat 2-MW3 6 BO 6

Cat 3-MW3 5 BO 5

Cat 4_Mw3 1 BO 6

MW3 22 BO 27

Cat 4 was the turing point for me. In Cat 1 MW3 has Kill Confirm and I am starting to really like that game but, with Multiplayer I figure chat into that and Black Ops was just more fun on Domination Jungle, Firing Range Oh the Good Times.

@Winni, I agree if they FIX the SPAWNS AND CHAT. Would be hands down better.
Back to top Go down
AggroAce

AggroAce

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Although MW3 edged BOps for me. I think MW2 would edge MW3 for me, maybe because I was more successful and enjoyed the maps more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:42 am

Blops just edges it for me....in MW3 I like the different pointstreaks, the way they're stackable and you can customise them per class...the guns and some of the game modes....the reason Blops wins for me is the fun factor, basically playing with a great group of guys and gals pwning noobs while goofing around.....and also private lobby of 18 on Launch playing Sticks and Stones. The end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survey: BO Vs. MW3   Survey:  BO Vs. MW3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survey: BO Vs. MW3
Page 1 of 1