Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Absolute BEST Headset?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Absolute BEST Headset? Empty
PostSubject: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm in the market for a new headset...would like to go wireless but not if it sacrafices quality. Do you have any recommendations for the absolute BEST headset out there? I would say this would fall into two categories...1. Best regardless of price and 2. Best value for money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Don't have one but the Triton's get very high marks. $120 ish?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm

You'll want tru surround sound, so you'll need something with a DSP module. I know NCFishboy just got some sweet looking one I've never heard of. I have the PX21's which are pretty good, but not true surround.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

I wonder if these new PX5 wireless ones are good? Expensive, but wireless and 7.1 surround.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Oh yeah...Astros seem to also be popular amongst the MLB set, but wonder if that is just good marketing or a truly great product??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:19 pm

I have the tritton pros black ops edition. Absolutely phenomenol with true surround sound. They have been very durable and held up well without and issues. I am very happy with them and would buy them again. Well worth the investment. After going thru a few bluetooths and a cheaper pair of TB's I darn near paid for them. Should have just gone for the high quality right off the bat.

I don't mind the cord as it keeps the weight down without the battery pack and the cord is plenty long. Headsets are like cars, boats, weapons, and, sex. You get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Do you really want wireless? I like wired just for the fact that they are always fully charged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Not sure if I want wireless...my thoughts exactly. Do you sacrafice quality and how do the batteries last? All good questions...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Here you go. They run aroun 200$ at the Gamestop stores, but I have be seeing them on clearance at Gamestop for 180$.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-PlayStation-Headset-Powered-3/dp/B004GCRJRK/ref=pd_cp_e_2

The Absolute BEST Headset? 61lcpi10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:35 pm

These look like possible winners!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:48 pm

I want to go wireless and I am looking at the PX5's, check out the review on cnet for the PX5. They have 9 pre-sets for PS3, I like the buttons that are on the headset to control pre-set, volume, mute, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Astro's are probably in the "best money can buy" club

Sony is bringing a wireless surround soud headset to the market in early september.

Seinhesser..sp? has some pretty good stuff too.

But I like my corded DPX-21's for the fact that the battery is never dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Do the DPX-21s have good surround?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 am

I am also going to be looking for a wireless set befor long. Not sure how much longer my TB's will last with my repair job. As far as time for the wireless battery I have heard that they will last 12-16 hr. I will be looking into a wireless set as my TB's the cord is streched all the way out to make it to my chair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

I got the ASTRO a40 and it has some grounding issues after a little over a year, going to send it in for repair. In the mean time I picked up the sharkoon xtatic. They seem to be working pretty good. I just really like the maxi amp on the astros as you can adjust the game and voice volume seperately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 am

I got the Tritton AX720s on sale at BB for $99 and couldn't be happier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 am

I'll say this... I'm going deaf from my PX5's and they've saved my ass many times as well as resulting in many kills.....throw Ninja on and be amazed and what you can hear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 am

I have yet to try Ninja perk yet. I wll have to give it a try to get the pro perk. I haven't even bothered with that perk yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:50 am

MANIC wrote:
I'll say this... I'm going deaf from my PX5's and they've saved my ass many times as well as resulting in many kills.....throw Ninja on and be amazed and what you can hear

No issues with the PX5s? Review on cNet looks great! Batteries last well, etc.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:13 am

Well look...every once in a while you're going experience a bit of static/crackle but nothing that's gonna kill it for ya...and I'll admit they will eat batteries like a hobo on mashed potatoes...usually being fed between 10 and 15 hours of play....which is why I invested in some rechargeable energizers...no issue at all...plus ya can hook em up to your computer to make audio adjustments and custom presets. I know they are pricey...but holy hearing a rat fart, batman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 pm

I am on my 3rd pair of PX21s. They crack were the head frame meets the the earpeice holder. Gamestop stoped taking them back. they told me to take my issue to turtle beach. Know I have to wear skull cap inorder to get the earpiece to stay on my ear. Its actually quite comfy but looks pretty funny.

Freaks had the same problem with his
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:35 pm

I have both a set of the $70 trittons and turtle beaches. I have to say that the sound on the trittons is far superior. Turtle beaches may be slightly more comfortable, but that's the only upside that I can see at the moment. The Trittons feel much more well built as well. Meant to post this earlier, but alas I'm forgetful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 pm

I think the soundwhoring was better in MW2 than blops. I used to love ninja in MW2 as with headsets you were golden and could hear people running near you and behind you. BLOPS is ok with a headset but not as great. I have used ninja a few times but love marathon, hacker or tacmask better. If your sneaking around (crouched) you can still hear other people running around you and can usually determine the direction also. I think if you don't play with a headset or somesort of surround sound you are missing a part of the game. Since I have a roommate the big surround sound system was out and the headset was in. Also keeps the little ones or better halfs from hearing all the gunfire and explosions late at night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I think the soundwhoring was better in MW2 than blops. I used to love ninja in MW2 as with headsets you were golden and could hear people running near you and behind you. BLOPS is ok with a headset but not as great. I have used ninja a few times but love marathon, hacker or tacmask better. If your sneaking around (crouched) you can still hear other people running around you and can usually determine the direction also. I think if you don't play with a headset or somesort of surround sound you are missing a part of the game. Since I have a roommate the big surround sound system was out and the headset was in. Also keeps the little ones or better halfs from hearing all the gunfire and explosions late at night.

I am not as concerned with the kids hearing the explosions and gunfire as much as some of the things that people talk about or say. With the headset I am the only one hearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 pm

We could basically start our own consumer advocacy and review group! With the breadth of experience and interests around here, I think I could safely answer just about any question with a high degree of confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Absolute BEST Headset?   The Absolute BEST Headset? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Absolute BEST Headset?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next