Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Empty
PostSubject: Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen?   Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:39 am

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/01/how-the-next-xbox-could-stop-you-from-playing-used-games.ars

If this had even a sliver of truth (and we won't know until later this year), the gaming industry as a whole needs to be slapped.

There are plenty of $60 games released that I have zero desire to spend that much on but would consider for say $20 (used). If a game is good or popular (CoD), people will pay full price immediately for it. If your game is ass and reviews come in weak (a-la Medal of Honor), most people arn't rushing out to drop $60 on it. Especially when 3 months later you can get it for $20 new.

Don't even get me started on I think the E.A. led charge of online passes. This was the first real step in trying to recoup more money from the used game market. So instead of me being able to sell off say NHL 12 for $40, the smart shopper will bargain me down to $30 because they have to buy that $10 online pass.

On the other hand though if such drastic steps were taken, what happens if the PS4 does continue to allow playing of used games? I can't see Microsoft being the only ones taking this stance. The systems have been too close in specifications/games/capabilities to cripple one so much in the eyes of us gamers.

Sorry for abusing my MOD skills to post this here, but it was an interesting read and I must admit that if rumours are true that the next Xbox will contain a built in recorder, I will definitely be interested.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen?   Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

Who knows if this is true, but it made me think of cell phones. We used to get unlitimed data for $30 a month but now its $30 for 2 gigs. Both the big boys did this at the same time allmost like they said "hey lets stop fucking with each other in our adds and start fucking the ppl who use our service!"

I would expect sony and xbox to do the same thing if this is possable.
Back to top Go down

Only a rumour for the new Xbox, but could it happen?
Page 1 of 1