Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

xbox vs ps3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Let me preface this by saying, fanboyism will not help here. I'm not looking for rabid defensiveness about your choice in gaming consoles, what I am looking for are facts. I am soon to purchase MW3 for one of my consoles. I ask you: Which is better, MW3 on the xbox or MW3 on the ps3?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

I have the PS3 version so only can tell you the positives for it.

IW created MW3 so its just a coin toss.

Are you getting maps ect.. XBOX gets them sooner. Chat sucks on PS3. Lag sucks on PS3. Fuck this is not going the way I was hoping. What is a postitive. The 30's that I play with are awsome on the PS3 side. Seems that the xbox crew is ok to.

Fuck I guess I am no help.

Someone else from the PS3 side might be able to do better at recruting then me.

Either way you will have a good time.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I think it's a tossup. Xbox gets the goods sooner as mentioned, but you're paying for xbox live. I can also vouch for the PS crew...awesome doods!
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Both sides are good at the game. The thing I like about the xbox with mw3 is that it is easy to get into a party,and if you are a smoker and need a break you can back out from the game but still be in the party. So when you come back you can let them know and they will back out after the game is done and you get to stick with the same crew.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:33 pm

So far, I'm leaning toward xbox for the party system. How bad is the lag on xbox?
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Not bad at all but I'm on a fiber optic line.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:48 pm

You get what you pay for I will tell ya that!!!!
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Xbox has the early content and voice messaging. So that is the only real advantage to either side I would say.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 pm

lock this thread...quick! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Even though I have the PS3 version, if I was a brand new person that didn't know either side, I'd go with the 360 version. They have a few advantages which are already mentioned here. The overall chat sounds a lot better, it's easier to join up with other Clan members, they get the maps earlier.

Having said that, there are a great bunch of PS3 players that I enjoy playing with. I'd say that's a tossup as I'm sure the Xbox crew are a great bunch as well.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 pm

Now it should be locked off enuff said lol.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 pm

For the record, chat is fixed so that's no longer an issue! About damn time IW!! I'd say get it for whichever console you play the most. Either way, PS3 group is awesome and Xbox crew seems awesome as well, when it boils down to it IW are a bunch of dildos and you'll have problems with either copy of the game I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:23 am

The missus won't let me pay for xbox live, so that's my main decision point. That and the great group of guys that I play with (Late Nite WC FTW!).

If that's not an issue for you, it seems like there are lots more reasons to go with xbox. For all the early content though, you'll need Elite Premium tho right? Although I suppose you'd need it on either console... Ok so never mind about that part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 am

im seriously thinking about picking up mw3 for xbox myself. ps3 lag and overall bad networking design has me wanting to stab myself with a fork repeatedly. the only thing that keeps me there right now are the awesome people.

in fact its 38 bucks at gamestop. Thats not a bad price i suppose

Xbox imho (sorry guys) is the better choice all around
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:23 pm

I knew we could be adults about this. Thanks for your opinions fellas, this information has been invaluable.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Only had BO on both consoles, but honestly as stated by others,

Xbox + Better Chat system = easier party making. Get DLC maps sooner. Good group of 30's but smaller numbers.

- more obnoxious kids on XBL(but you can mute them)
- XBL fee
- Bad controller (personal opinion)

PS3 + More 30's online to play with, No subscribtion fee, Great Controller

- Voice Chat is poor on MW3
- More difficult to organise 30 lobbies
- Longer wait for maps

They're the main ones I can think of without talking shit just for sake of it, both decent consoles but you've gotta weigh up the pros and cons for yourself. My main beef with Xbox is the controller, I prefer the PS3 one and I hate having to change batteries. And I don't like paying more for XBL
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:19 pm

I can tell you that the lag on the ps3 (at least for me since TU 1.08) has been unbearable. I am selling my copy of mw3 for ps3 and picking up the xbox one. I have heard from highschool buddies too that the lag is not quite as bad on xbl. i guess it pays to be the fair haired child that IW caters to.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 am

So what did you pick.
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:18 am

There are pros and cons to each. I could sit here all day and they would just roll off my fingers. But I found the best thing to do, is just buy both...
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I think I'm gonna go with the xbox, and maybe get BF3 for the ps3 so I can game with the degenerate ps3'rs
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:21 pm

I actually like that the maps came out for XBOX sooner. If you ever go to a thread after 2 weeks you always see them bitching about the maps. Call of Duty makes good games but their DLC's are a joke. I liked the BO ones just for the zombie maps. XBOX might get the maps sooner but they also get disappointed sooner.

I
Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:34 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
Only had BO on both consoles, but honestly as stated by others,

Xbox + Better Chat system = easier party making. Get DLC maps sooner. Good group of 30's but smaller numbers.

- more obnoxious kids on XBL(but you can mute them)
- XBL fee
- Bad controller (personal opinion)

PS3 + More 30's online to play with, No subscribtion fee, Great Controller

- Voice Chat is poor on MW3
- More difficult to organise 30 lobbies
- Longer wait for maps

They're the main ones I can think of without talking shit just for sake of it, both decent consoles but you've gotta weigh up the pros and cons for yourself. My main beef with Xbox is the controller, I prefer the PS3 one and I hate having to change batteries. And I don't like paying more for XBL

Get this for you xbox controllers.

http://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Charge-Base-360-Xbox/dp/B00273Z9WM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328635860&sr=8-1

I have it and it works great. Comes with two batteries also. Also has a USB port on the front for charging any other accessories (headset). I love this thing. It holds both controllers while charging them and shuts off when they are good to go. Only takes about 45 minutest (less than that really) to go from no charge to totally charged on that thing. Never buy batteries or change them out again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

xbox vs ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox vs ps3   xbox vs ps3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

xbox vs ps3
Page 1 of 1