Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Today at lunch I logged on to PSN to play a few MW3 games. Before I could play I had to download and install the newest PS3 software which is 4.1. After the install I played a game with Rif and much to my surprise my PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset now has MIC MONITORING! It is great to hear myself again so I don't have to yell anymore and I am sure there are plenty of clannies out there that are VERY happy about that.

Odd thing is that I can not find any info on the internet that the 4.1 release had this fix in it. Rif has the same headset and confirmed that he has mic monitoring now too.

Nice surprise I'll say!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:30 pm

Nixon was saying this same thing yesterday. One more reason to get a pair. Now if I can just get my dog to eat/kid to crush my PX21...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Nixon was saying this same thing yesterday. One more reason to get a pair. Now if I can just get my dog to eat/kid to crush my PX21...

HAHAHA!!!!! I know the update for PS3 was released yesterday but I was on before it was available so I didn't have to quit my gaming to install it. I am very excited about this new feature cause it was the only thing missing from this headset IMO.

Now there is really no reason for me to buy the new TB XP400's when they come out........................or is there? Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Freud, send them my way, Taxi ate through my Trittons and TB's, I have caught the lil shit with the PS ones in his mouth, but no wires so he cannot chew them up!

Yea, Savarino and I were pretty stoked about it, now i wont have to yell, well, when I am talking normal, i will still yell for the shits of it!

how i noticed it was i left the mic out and i could hear my voice clear when i was cursing the other team, and i had it on mute! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:44 pm

That's a nice bonus! The primary reason I traded in my ax720s for the PX5s was mic monitoring (and wireless). Once you go wireless it's hard to imagine being tethered again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Awesome stuff. I'd actually got used to it, but to have the feature added rocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:24 am

This is good news...can't wait til friday night, after I've aced this latest test, in order to use them!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:24 am

OK, so what's mic monitoring? Is it hearing yourself talk on the mic?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:50 am

I've been using my trittons but when I read this post I had to hook up the ps3 headset to check it out...sure enough, mic monitoring. I was gonna get turtle beaches & now I don't have to cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 am

walldogkl wrote:
OK, so what's mic monitoring? Is it hearing yourself talk on the mic?

Yes sir
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 am

It kind of messed with me last night. I could hear heavy breathing in my set and thought who the hell is that. It was me. Ha Ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 am

Yea that is one thing I love about the TB's is the mic monitoring, now I just have to get a wireless set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:29 am

I just asked for a pair of TB P11s....just as a starter set. Wonder if I should change over to the PS3 one.... I don't need the wireless and I liked the speaker size and comfort look of the TB P11, plus I read some great reviews on it. I'm just starting out with headset so anything I get is an improvement over my bluetooth headset now and the price was unbeatable.

Edit: As of now, all my sounds comes out of the TV. I still have trouble hearing a lot of other guys. Like last night I was in a party w/ jsavvy, Steam, BigDee, Dog-soildier, and one other guy I can't remember. I can always here savvy well and I could here Dee pretty good too but not so much from the other clannies. (Maybe I'm forgetting someone that I could here so sorry, and don't panic about your mic settings unless you hear this from multiple people.) Is that a result of their mics or some setting on my system? I know with the headsets I can separate chat from music volume. Is there a way in MW3 to do that in options?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

Mic Monitoring is a deal breaker for me...I felt like I was a deaf/mute when I couldn't hear myself talk. My dream headset would be Tritton AXPros, wireless, with mic monitoring like my PX5s. cheers

Also, some guys are definitely harder to hear than others...I think it's just a function of how close the mic is to your mouth. With the boom style mics, you can fit it up close, but the BT users are difficult to hear sometimes.

It would be nice of you could turn the music off completely and just hear the action. Sort of defeats the purpose of sound whoring when you keep hearing the annoying blast of music and sfx every time you hit a challenge or level up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:49 am

Nice! Thanks for posting this Savvy... I installed the patch yesterday, but didn't play any MW3. It's been weird talking on the mic and not being able to hear myself.

Nice to know that is there when I do play with you guys again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Tried it out last night and it's on...the only thing I don't like is that it's on even if I'm muted or not...but I guess I can't complain too much. It would just be nice if it turned off when I'm muted so that I don't spend a whole game talking to guys only to find out after the game nobody could hear me (yes this happens frequently to me...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
Tried it out last night and it's on...the only thing I don't like is that it's on even if I'm muted or not...but I guess I can't complain too much. It would just be nice if it turned off when I'm muted so that I don't spend a whole game talking to guys only to find out after the game nobody could hear me (yes this happens frequently to me...)

I agree it sucks you can still hear yourself on mute but now this headset is perfect and for only $100....wireless.....damn straight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

yeah...great value...I'm definitely not disappointed with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Love mine....been great so far...now with the mic mon....I'll have sumin else to look forward to besides killing radoms with my FAM!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah I talk to my self alot when I have it muted. The day it was just me and dark, waiting for others to join and I went on for like 3 mins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 pm

How do you guys feel about the construction? Does this hold up well? Sturdy?? Not as fragile as some of the Turtle Beach issues? I hope someone can write quickly as my wife is ready to order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I can't compare to turtle beach...but the construction seems real solid...thick head bracket and there doesn't seem to be a lot of little pieces to break off...I got mine before x-mas and haven't had a problem, and haven't heard of anybody else either...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Got my set of PS3 headset last night! Love it (thanks to my wife for getting them)! So easy to set up and such a difference in being able to hear teammates and enemy footsteps. You can't beat the price either!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?   PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset....now has mic monitoring?
Page 1 of 1