Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Improve connection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Improve connection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Improve connection Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Improve connection Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Improve connection Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Improve connection Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Improve connection Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Improve connection Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Improve connection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 am

hey Guys,

just wondering if anyone has any tips on improving my connection. It seems to spike alot since the last update was uploaded.

I am running a telus wireless router on hi speed dsl and am looking for anyway to improve the connection. Thanks in advance, Ed
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:51 am

If you can plug your PS3 into the router it seems to help quite a bit...I know a lot of people don't have the option because of the way their place is set up.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:56 am

Wireless is not as good as wired. In theory it should not matter but it does.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:38 am

I think it is subjective. If your connection is not above the speed of your wireless it will not matter whether you are hardwired or not. The max download speed of your ps3 is 54 mbps. in reality it is around 35. if your internet is under that, there is nothing you can do to make it any faster. Mw3 is going to screw you regardless at this point, what I did to help fix my lag issues was turn off upnp. It put me in moderate nat so i will never host a game.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

I believe it would be the DSL connection your working with combined with the Wireless. Hard Wire it at least. That should improve. Do this on your connection - www.speedtest.net
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:50 am

Improve connection 1764257219

My work connection.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:58 am

hoffyguns wrote:
If you can plug your PS3 into the router it seems to help quite a bit...I know a lot of people don't have the option because of the way their place is set up.

I didn't have the hard wire option and went Linksys PLEK400 - Powerline AV 1-Port Network Adapter Kit It uses your homes electrical wiring and works well for me.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:00 am

Although my PS3 is right next to my Time Capsule, I think I'm going to hardwire my PS3 this weekend.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 am

[quote="Dead_Eric"][quote="hoffyguns"]If you can plug your PS3 into the router it seems to help quite a bit...I know a lot of people don't have the option because of the way their place is set up.[/quote]

I didn't have the hard wire option and went [url=http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/powerline/cisco-linksys-powerline-PLEK400-homeplug-adatper-kit_stcVVproductId142797758VVviewprod.htm]Linksys PLEK400 - Powerline AV 1-Port Network Adapter Kit[/url] It uses your homes electrical wiring and works well for me.[/quote]

Why cant you hardwire it?
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am

well thanks for all the help guys. I will try to hard wire it..but will need a long cord is all.
I did however do a speed test on my laptop and it said i had 23.4 download speed and an upload of 2.75.
When i do the connection test in the settings of my ps3 I get 6-9. Last little while things have been fine so i dont know.
Anyway just wanted to thank you guys for the help, Ed
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 am

Until 2 days ago i was always hardwired. I had my modem and router next to my tv. Problem always was the signal to my modem wasnt as good as it could have been due to being split too many times. I have a decent net service plan so i could get away with it most of the time but my net connection fluctuated. It got worse after i bought a new modem and my signals were at the bottom of acceptable area. I moved the modem/router to a spare bedroom upstairs on the opposite side of the house so it would have its own line. Everything net wise is peachy now but it leaves me having to be wireless and its well known the ps3 isnt a world beater running wireless. The ps3 connection test first off is junk and it shouldnt be used to gauge anything. I use speakeasy.net off the browser. My old setup it would show around 30 megs down and around 3 up but my upload fluctuated badly all the time and the down as well but not all the time. Sometimes the upload dropped to under 1 into dsl/dial up speeds. Now if i run the same test i see a steady smooth 16-18 down and 3.5 up each test. I have a 30/4 net plan so seeing only 16-18 down irritates me. My router is high end so im always 100% wireless signal on the ps3 and the signal basically just has to go through the floor as its wide open under the modem/router where the ps3 is. Not like im forcing it through multiple walls and such. It just proves the ps3 is limited wireless wise. To hardwire to my ps3 now would be a pain in the ass to put it lightly. Ive looked at the powerline adapters so i might try one of those coming up. Ive read alot of good reviews but also alot of bad ones. Depends on the wiring of the house basically.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:45 am

love that everyone else's is better than mine!!! did the test I got 1.42 upload and a .33 download and why is everyone else complaining!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm a little late to this post, but I tried to use a wireless connection for the Clan Ops (so that I could use my mic without everyone having to listen to two 2 year olds and a 4 year old) and my connection was horrible. My laptop gets 20-30 in the same room, wireless as well, but the PS3 was all over the place; I ended up just going back to the wired connection.
I have a power-line hardwired adapter, but the wiring in this house is too segregated and doesn't allow for it. Just as an experiment, I tried the wireless with the PS3 in the same room as the router and, although I wasn't lagging, the connection was nowhere near as good as wireless; I get 70+Mbps on my laptop in that room. Bottom line, as others have stated, the PS3's wireless receiver is garbage and wired is the way to go and you just read a long-winded post that had nothing to add.
Back to top Go down
douwant2

douwant2

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Mine just sucks...works great sometimes then others times lags like crazy. I have tried both wired and wireless.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 pm

It is most likely the lag comp and lack of that you are experiencing.

Sadly, they make a party member host the whole party.

I think the answer is to have servers that we all connect to and quit loading down someone's connection.

To keep from getting too upset most of us simply change our gameplay during those laggy games. Slow down, camp a little more, carry a stinger, defend the flag, use claymores/betties, etc.
Back to top Go down

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

I agree with canis.....lag comp seems to screw you quite a bit....people with shit Internet just seem to get sympathy from IW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Improve connection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Improve connection   Improve connection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Improve connection
Page 1 of 1