Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Family Vacation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Family Vacation

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Ok, so I am trying to plan a family vacation for the first week in July. It will be my wife, two girls (8 and 5), and my parents. We have been going to Destin for the past 4 years and it's become kind of the same thing each year. Looking branch out. Possibly to the Carribean. Where have you guys been? What do you suggest? Am thinking all-inclusive but am open to other options. Price isn't a issue.....to a point.

Whatcha got?
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Grand Cayman is awesome but the conversion rate blows. Not sure what is in now but our dollar used to only be worth .80 there.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

JBings wrote:
Grand Cayman is awesome but the conversion rate blows. Not sure what is in now but our dollar used to only be worth .80 there.

We have some friends that go there every year. We are looking hard at it right now. Just a little worried it will keep the kids attention for a week. In Destin, with the larger ocean waves, we spent most time at the pool that had a lazy river.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:54 pm

There's alot to do, rum factory tours, tours of hell, pirate history tours, swimming with the turtles, the turtle farm, catamaran rides...... it just goes on. oh yea, and some very good Cuban cigars.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:05 pm

I have been to many islands in the Caribbean, however we have only taken our kids to the Dominican Republic (we have three)...the kids loved it. Our last trip we stayed at an all inclusive family resort which had a water park and special family suites (two bedrooms and two tv's) as well as a great kids club that did all kinds of activities with the kids.

My wife is Dominican so we go down to the island every year, but our kids are already begging us to go back to the resort (they are aged 7, 8, and 9).

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:08 pm

jemenard wrote:
I have been to many islands in the Caribbean, however we have only taken our kids to the Dominican Republic (we have three)...the kids loved it. Our last trip we stayed at an all inclusive family resort which had a water park and special family suites (two bedrooms and two tv's) as well as a great kids club that did all kinds of activities with the kids.

My wife is Dominican so we go down to the island every year, but our kids are already begging us to go back to the resort (they are aged 7, 8, and 9).

I would recommend the Dominican Republic too. Went there with my wife for our 1st anniversary. All-inclusive adults only resort in Punta Cana. It was really nice.

Higher up on the ladder is Sandals in St. Lucia. I really wanted to go there and have heard great things about it, but it's a bit more expensive than DR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Been to Destin a number of times, love it there. Last year we went on a Disney cruse and we had a blast. One of the best vacations we ever had.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 pm

HAWAII, nuff said. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Maybe its cause I"m just a big kid but family vacations got to be disny land. ... O wait an island, yeah I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Disneyland FTW! Love it, go all the time. You know, since it takes about 40mins to go from our house to the entrance turnstiles.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:02 pm

jemenard wrote:

Which resort if you don't mind me asking?

Kamea6 wrote:
HAWAII, nuff said. cheers

You hosting six of us Very Happy or have any inside info for cheap lodging?
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Yeah, maybe we do the clan meet and greet at Kamea's place in Hawaii! Hawaiian vacation for everyone! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Take me WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GET AWAY!!!!!!! lol...
twas worth a try anyways....
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:20 pm

This place was really nice and out of the way...the anti Disney vacation...

Cap Juluca- Anguilla

Best Beach on Earth
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Sooner the resort is

www.barcelobavaropalacedeluxe.com

I am not sure about the cost since my wife booked it through some family connections and got us some sort of inside deal. There is plenty on site to keep everyone busy...I have a folder of pictures on my facebook page if you want to check them out (Joshua Menard)...
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Yeah, maybe we do the clan meet and greet at Kamea's place in Hawaii! Hawaiian vacation for everyone! Laughing
oh man, i can just imagine the fireworks having you and bee swarm in the same place, at the same time. lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Belize is VERY nice. have a friend from Grad school that lives there.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:21 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Disneyland FTW! Love it, go all the time. You know, since it takes about 40mins to go from our house to the entrance turnstiles.

If me and the fam make it out there anytime soon I will have to let you know...
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Kamea6 wrote:
walldoggy wrote:
oh man, i can just imagine the fireworks having you and bee swarm in the same place, at the same time. lol!
Haha... when Bee and I finally meet one day, I will give him a big "What's up" and fist bump, and then a swift knee to the gonads for kicking my butt in game all this time. He's so much better than me it's frustrating! lol

clown

Bee, you know I love you man!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
walldoggy wrote:

If me and the fam make it out there anytime soon I will have to let you know...
Most definitely. In case you didn't know, on the Helping Fellow Clannies Out tread, I have put Disneyland. bounce
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Have you considered a cruise?

Cruises make for a great family vacation. They are cheap since most things are included plus there is something for everyone.

We took a cruise a few years ago to break up the Orange Beach routine and it was a blast. No cooking or cleaning (unlike the condo on the coast) and we had a built in babysitting service (for free) that the kids actually preferred going to each night which gave the wife (now ex) and I some "quality time" each night.

It all worked out really great.

I've also done an all-inclusive at the Moon Palace in Cancun but I'd put a cruise ahead of that in an instant.

That's all I got....
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:31 pm

The only problem with a cruise is that you gain 10 pounds! I eat like I'm going to the chair on a cruise...damn midnight buffets...Y U so tasty?! Razz
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I can't say I've traveled the world or anything, but I will give a huge + to Hawaii as well. Wife and I went there for a week about 2 years ago. We went to Oahu and Maui. Let me tell you a week is not long enough! Maui is simply amazing, the sites are like no other and endless things to do and see, not to mention the most friendly people you'll probably ever meet! I know we plan on going back someday to see the big island and Kauai!
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I know what you mean FBD.

I have a bad habit of ordering the Lobster and the Prime Rib on formal night.

Bring me one of each!!!!!

Cruising is so laid back and that is what I love about it.
Back to top Go down

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Little known fact about cruising is that you can order second, third lobsters, steaks, whatever during the formal meals...they don't advertise it, but by all means tell them to bring you another one and they will!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Family Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Vacation   Family Vacation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family Vacation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next