Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Remember when... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Remember when... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Remember when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Remember when... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Remember when... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Remember when...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:49 pm

people used to use the bouncing betty? The first week, the paths to the A flag at Hardhat were littered with live betties and dead people that never looked down. I can't remember the last time I saw a little red flashing light on the ground that wasn't C4.

Another nostalgiac question, any one use claymores anymore either? I've seen 1 in the last two weeks and I was so surprised to see it that I stood in front of it with Stalker Pro and shot it, killing myself and EVIDENTLY robbing the guy of the kill (killfeed said suicide). Put in Black Ops for ten minutes and there are 400 claymores.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:55 pm

I still exclusively use the bouncing betty though I see the advantages of using C4.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 am

I been working on the bouning betty emblem. Just dont have alot of luck with them though.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

I use the betty a bunch...that or frags...
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 am

Sith_Miester wrote:
I been working on the bouning betty emblem. Just dont have alot of luck with them though.

The trick is knowing where to put them then staying alive long enough for the other team to come across them. I really like behind the porta-potty at A on Hardhat and just inside the gates (behind the truck) at the top of the hill in Mission. Between those 2 spots, I got it pretty quick (esp. with the constant rush of people up that hill in Mission. I think it helps if it's not directly on a flag b/c they'll be looking for it there. There are so many other places like where you would also put an IMS but those 2 were golden for me. Good luck on getting that emblem soon!

I rarely see Claymores. Was killed by C4 a bunch lately and a few bettys last week. I should re-equip my C4...
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:19 am

For those who don't know this little tip: when you run across a betty, or hear it fire up, go prone and it will not kill you. It's damage is horizontal from it's detonation point and if you are on the ground, it will not kill you.

This does not work with the IPS. lol
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 am

they toned the claymores down way to much for mw3. You can run right past them most of the time and just receive minimal damage. I like bouncing betty's, just have to stay alive long enough for them to be effected.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am

Bouncing bettys i think are useless. you just lay down when you hear the whir go. Claymores always get me lol
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:06 am

I use betties on almost every class. I get at least one multikill per match with them. Just toss them on the b flag and let it do the work. I stick them directly dead center of the flag when we have it. The enemy sees it as a red swirling circle and the little bitches blend right in unless someone is using sit rep, which seems rare. My favorite lethal by far. Big KS builder.

The reason they are so good is that when the first guy gets to the B flag, they are usually followed by another teammate...even if the first guys goes prone, his buddy gets it in the face.

Claymores, not so much. They take too long to deploy. Betties are the F U Frisbee!
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 pm

I throught this was about a differnt bouncing betty, anyways I stop using the clay mores a while ago and I do not see them anymore, In black ops I always ran hacker so I could see all the damn things.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 pm

In BO I always ran claymores but in MW3 they took away the "equipment" option so now you cant carry both a claymore and nade......as far as the betty, I think you are right there are not a lot around much anymore but to be honest all explosives in MW3 seem to be really weak the past month or so.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:18 pm

I use the Betty when I'm in FFA, but in TDM or DOM I'd much rather have a grenade.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I'm not knocking the betty, I'm really pushing for it to make a comeback. I have tactical sticks, so I like lethals that I can avoid. If a teammate behind me gets popped because I go prone when I see a leaf float by, it's the equivalent of letting a tree branch snap back and pop them in the eye. Sucks for them, but DID YOU SEE HOW FUCKING FUNNY THAT WAS????
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:20 pm

FBD wrote:
I use betties on almost every class. I get at least one multikill per match with them. Just toss them on the b flag and let it do the work. I stick them directly dead center of the flag when we have it. The enemy sees it as a red swirling circle and the little bitches blend right in unless someone is using sit rep, which seems rare. My favorite lethal by far. Big KS builder.

The reason they are so good is that when the first guy gets to the B flag, they are usually followed by another teammate...even if the first guys goes prone, his buddy gets it in the face.

Claymores, not so much. They take too long to deploy. Betties are the F U Frisbee!
If this is how you use the BB then you should think about making the switch to C4. You can throw C4 further plus there's no avoiding it when you detonate it. C4 is the best flag clearer in the game.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 pm

I've been seeing C4 a bunch the last few days...Walldoggy killed me with it...I guess everything goes in cycles...
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I place my bettys where I know they will stop long enough for them to get a kill.
I got the emblem for them just by the sheer number of ones I placed down.

Certain corners or camping spots work well.

You do have to be picky where you place them.

Claymores are the harder of the two I think. I try to place them in corners facing out where I know they will crouch and hide. Outside/Inside doorways seem to be good also.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm

watch this to see where to put a BB on Bakaara. lol

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

lol not sure why they didnt lie down when they heard the whir. it isnt hard to get down.
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Still loving the claymore, but use it only on more sedentary classes. I like to run n gun so I have been using the betty more lately. When I do use the claymore, I get the "most claymore kills" almost everytime as no one seems to use them.

Strategy: put in in a corner with lasers aimed down direction of enemy travel. If aimed right at the rear entrance to the T-shirt shop on Fallen to catch guys entering stairwell, they will most likely be outside of the maximum damage blast radius. Place it in the corner and aim it away from the doorway and down the steps instead. Then they are running parallel to it and can't as easily escape the blast. And when placed at the entrance to Dome, they will have to enter on the far, opposite side to avoid triggering it. At least it has a large radius, so if no kill, maybe an assist or at least a heads up on enemy movement if you are keen enough to notice the hitmarker. Not so with the betty as they must be within maybe 2 ft. of it for it to trigger.
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 pm

walldoggy you sneaky s.o.b...
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
walldoggy you sneaky s.o.b...
Come on, that was good right? Nice place to put it? Perfectly hidden?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Maybe I need to try these again along with claymores. I guess the reason I like using semtex is instant gratification. But with the betty/claymore, it might be since to "set it and forget it".
Back to top Go down

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I use claymore on my sniper class. I don't use that class often and have only gotten 2 kills with claymores. However it has saved my ass more times than i can count. I place it in the path behind me and I'm always listening for the click. when i hear it click i know its time to swap weapons and turn around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember when... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember when...   Remember when... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember when...
Page 1 of 1