Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Aim assist.....does it really exist???

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Empty
PostSubject: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Maybe MW3 should have an over 30 aim assist. Shocked No reference to our clan name and I only speak for myself. I can't shoot straight for sh#t!! It seems to have just recently gotten worse. Scenario: Evil, bad guy comes around corner...I have the drop on evil, bad guy...ADS...Spasm in my thumbs...Spray bullets like I am pissing my name in the snow...watching kill cam!! WTF!!!

Any advice? I have dropped my sensitivity to 1 after reading Wini's blog on that issue. I normally run a 3 or 4. Dropping it makes it very frustrating when turning on an opponent. Please don't tell me I am just old and losing my cat-like reflexes and coordination! Sad Anyone else having this mid-life crisis??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Biggest thing I did was practice with running through a whole clip but keeping the reticule in the same spot, once you can do that you can make simple adjustments to follow the guy who is jumping or strafing or whatever. Once you get good enough to hold the reticule steady on a low accuracy gun you probably wont have that problem...Another thing would be to aim for the head first and pull the fire down, that way you may get a headshot but if you dont you are at chest level so easier to follow target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 pm

[quote="flyfishutah"]...Spray bullets like I am pissing my name in the snow... quote]

LOL...EPIC. Aim assist seems to hurt me more then help. It drags in ADS a little too far ahead of the enemy for me. I use the shotgun (crimson Crow) so I'm basically just hip firing anyways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:49 pm

A couple things. If you aren't burst firing, you should be even with an automatic. The gun will kick around if you just hold the trigger and it's tough to keep it on target.

Second, maybe try a gun such as the AK47 that has more of a down to upwards kick on it versus some guns that have a little more randomness to the kick.

I have to say that aim assist can cause me grief at times where I'll be firing on one enemy, another comes into view and my reticle gets pulled away...grrr!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Learn to zero in your aim by strafing instead of looking. use 'R' stick for left-right adjustments. You will find it easier to stay on target and not spray back and forth.

use 2-3 sensitivity, you will be able react a little better. 1 is to slow and may handicap you later. If you get to accustomed to the rate of movement that slow, you will have a hard time increasing your sensitivity later. just my .02

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:08 pm

SN0WR1DER wrote:
Learn to zero in your aim by strafing instead of looking. use 'R' stick for left-right adjustments. You will find it easier to stay on target and not spray back and forth.

use 2-3 sensitivity, you will be able react a little better. 1 is to slow and may handicap you later. If you get to accustomed to the rate of movement that slow, you will have a hard time increasing your sensitivity later. just my .02

LOL I run mine at 1 so are you implying that im too slow and not sensitive enough? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I've heard of turtles winning the race.... lol!

So I guess it's possible.

I used to run 5. But dropped it to 3 for a while to work on spraying less, and now even 4 is bit tricky to spin to right spot, I tend to over rotate and spray worse now. And 5 is nearly impossible last time I tried (the alcohol may not have helped the situation) .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Using 1 is a great teaching tool in that it forces you to anticipate where the bad guy is going to be. It forces you to creep and be more intentional about where you are when you come around a corner. When I on, 1 is more than enough. Using 1 is about anticipating, not reacting. If you find that you can not spin fast enough that just means you are not anticipating well enough.

Burst fire. If you are shooting at med+ range the reticle will drift away every time. M60 is a great training tool for this as it hops all over hell. This is one of the most accurate guns in my stats b/c I learned how to burst fire with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the tips. I will try some of them later tonight.

Sn0wr1der, you nailed it. I tend to use my right stick too much. I am going to try strafing more. I find myself overcompensating for my crazy thumbs and in turn I stand still, making an easy target for the enemy.

Wini, I really liked your blog on sensitivity (that sounds naughty Shocked ) I like the slow approach and anticipating where the enemy is. However, I found myself getting shot in the back a lot. I then get frustrated and start running-and-gunning. Definately not my strength. I was a police officer for 12 years and am a firearms instructor. I tried to use that knowledge in game (slicing the pie, clearing corners, moving quickly but smoothly, etc...), but it doesn't seem to translate well in game. How dare I think that my real world training wouldn't work well in my fantasy world? Suspect

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:04 am

Sensitivity sucks.

In my recent sniper obsession I am running a sensitivity of 8. Problem is when I change to say an SMG, I can't hit for shit.

I wish the classes had separate sensitivity settings Sad
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 am

Can anybody tell me what sensitivity you start on as a default?

I have never changed it, infact no idea where you would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 am

Ogbunabali wrote:
Can anybody tell me what sensitivity you start on as a default?

I have never changed it, infact no idea where you would.
Default is 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 am

You can also change your sensitivity in-game and fiddle with it while playing. Just hit start and go to the options. Change it in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:49 am

I use the ak74u with rapid and soh pro, sensivity set at 2. Practise hip fire and you will win most one on one short range battles. Above posts are spot on though anticipation is very important.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 am

Should have mentioned if you are playing against demon and he comes around a corner with his shotgun in hand just lay down and die, unless he is blindfolded or has two hands tied behind his back yer scewed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 am

flyfishutah wrote:
I was a police officer for 12 years and am a firearms instructor. I tried to use that knowledge in game (slicing the pie, clearing corners, moving quickly but smoothly, etc...), but it doesn't seem to translate well in game. How dare I think that my real world training wouldn't work well in my fantasy world? Suspect

I agree. Very little of the real world translates into the game. TTP's that work very well in keeping your ass alive in a real firefight actually put you in a more exposed situation in COD. I can relate Utah. I was a SARG(small arms readiness group) instructor in the Army. I still find myself slicing the pie even though I know it doesn't work well against campers due to line of sight issues with the game. I suppose that is why I like HardCore more than core becuase it is a little more realitic. emphasis on little more. It still forces IFF, communications, and a slower assault pace with more use on cover since you can't absorb half a mag and still drive on.

I keep messing with my sensitivity and haven't found a good mix. Every day it seems like the number changes. some nights a 1 is just right and other nights I need a 3 just to break even. It can be very frustrating. I finally set it back to default (2) and just powered thru the tough games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:59 am

BigDaddy,
Line of sight is questionable in game, for sure!! It seems at times that the enemy can see around corners. I have just started playing some hardcore after reading the posts about it. I do think I like it better. Suits my slow and steady play style.

As for sensitivity, I have taken Wini's advice and dropped it to a 1. Last night this definitely slowed my pace down and helped me anticipate better. I still spray a lot of rounds into never-never land at times, but I did notice a better grouping.

Thanks again to all who have contributed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm

I think if it was more realistic...most would not play. A slower co-op feel to a game does not translate well into big sales. I used to play Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas, which had a co-op that I liked just for the strategy challenges. Life like...no, but much more than BO.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 pm

franread5 wrote:
Should have mentioned if you are playing against demon and he comes around a corner with his shotgun in hand just lay down and die, unless he is blindfolded or has two hands tied behind his back yer scewed.

Agreed...he is surgical with that weapon. I can only aspire to be that good.

Back on topic, I can't aim for sh!t either. I've tried everything to improve, but I'm a spaz also and I'm old. Two strikes so far.

Game on!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 pm

I spaz too, but I can't stand getting hit from behind and not be able to turn around fast enough to defend myself. Plus I strafe to adjust my aim too, so I don't know. I go from 4-6 most times. Maybe I'll take it down a notch and see how I do. I'll even check out hardcore also to see how I like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aim assist.....does it really exist???   Aim assist.....does it really exist??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aim assist.....does it really exist???
Page 1 of 1