Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Lookin for help ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Chello all I am lookin fer help to not only become a better player but to become a better team player for the clan....if anyone can help with advise and training as sum of you have seen me play and my style of balls to the wall...'i can pull upper 20's and lower 30's but my death's range from the middle teens to the mid 20's.. I will take any adive and training needed to do this for the team win...as I am not worried about being top of our leader boards....as most whom have played with me...I normally take down anything the emeny puts in the air...as that is needed to keep the emeny off balance...I have been goofing round with the sniper alot more lately and have been doing fairly good with it mostly on Hazard as long as the flanks are controlled...I thanks everyone in advance for the help....just let me know times if training is involed so we can get it going....all other advise can be placed here or in PM's thanks again tothe #1 Clan in the world!!
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

It really will depend a lot on your favored play style. I like to run and gun for instance, but like to do it on the perimeters and not normally straight up the middle. I also will watch my radar pretty closely so if I see a red dot moving on our flag, I'll try to get to a spot that puts me at a distinct advantage. I think in general just ask guys during regular matches. If you find you did really well in a match try and stop and think about why. Perhaps you had some good spots on the map that you were able to rack up some kills...chokepoints, or maybe you slowed things down a bit and checked your corners more than usual. Same can be said for a bad game, of course there's always laggy games, but if you just legitimately got your ass beat, stop and think about what you could have improved upon.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Use the theatre and watch guys who win. Go to leaderboards and see who has the best scores. Find matches where you play together and watch what they do.

I probably need to take some of my own advice, but who the hell has time. I like Ardvark's idea of looking at your playstyle critically as a disinterested observer. I know there are times in matches where I am like "DerP! No wonder I died, I ran right out in the f-ing middle of the path!" Understnading why you die is a good thing. Your 'balls to the wall' style may lend itself to the KDR you describe. What would happen if you slow that style down a little?
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:35 pm

I am with Wini and Ardvark, it comes down to play style. I run and gun, I am usually around the B flag most of the DOM matches. I am very impatient when I play so I can not sit in one spot for too long, hence why I do not like to play HC. I match my mini map throughout the game but for me it comes down to winning, I do whatever I can every match to ensure we win. If that means I go 10-6 with 1 cap and 4 defends or 36-5 with 7 caps and 10 defends, it does not matter to me I just want to win. Figure out what kind of play style you are comfortable with and keep running it. We do not have a lot of snipers so if the suits you then there ya go.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Nothing wrong with getting upper 20 lower 30's for kills and taking out whatever is airborn. Ive always said you could have just 1 kill in a match but it could be the one to save an objective and win the match. Quality is just as good as quantity alot of the time. Like Wini said watching other peoples files is a good way to get ideas and tips too. Im in a little funk myself and thinking of ways to get playing better so i might take a look at youtube for ideas.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Wish I could help, but it seems you do pretty well already. I just want to have fun, and try to stay even on the KD with the win. Some games I go really negative, but those are usually just the games I throw myself on B without thinking. First take out the badguys at B, then take the flag. Lately when playing DOM I have been running past B and trying to get them on the other side to allow other to get an easy cap. Nothing worse than almost getting B then the nade blows you up. But really its just a game.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Don't just play one style of play or keep using the same class over and over even. I tend to switch it up, I think that keeps my gameplay fresh and the game interesting. I'll sit back and snipe sometimes, I'll run and gun with Lightweight Pro/Marathon Pro, and then I'll Ghost pro the map and try some different things. I, like savvy, am committed to winning pretty much at all costs. If that means sacrificing myself at B for the team to win, I'll do it all day everyday. But if we get a pretty big lead, that's when I'll try new tactics/weapons/and techniques. Learn by trial and error.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:57 pm

BTW Fish, that's my favorite custom sig I've seen yet-well done sir!
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Wish I could take credit for the sig but it was all sn0r1der
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Depends what the game mode is but I can easily get 20 + deaths in domination.
A byproduct of not caring about K/D ratio and mindlessly rushing B over and over....

Just win baby!
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

My problem is in the game basics. I don't watch the radar enough. I run around like a crazy man. I throw myself on B over and over again. I have no idea about the terminology that I hear half the time. And I'm old, so my reflexes are shot. I don't know why you let my in the clan Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:39 pm

NamKnight wrote:
My problem is in the game basics. I don't watch the radar enough. I run around like a crazy man. I throw myself on B over and over again. I have no idea about the terminology that I hear half the time. And I'm old, so my reflexes are shot. I don't know why you let my in the clan Very Happy
Becuase there isn't enough competition for last place on the leaderboard and I have a competetive streak! It got too easy to hold the bottom rung and i need something to motivate me to continue to feed enemy kill streaks. DUH! Smile
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 pm

To Ard, Fish, Nix, Savv, and Wini... whom I've played with several times(No dirty comments....MANIC!!!!) To Carl whom I have never played with maybe one day sir... I do so love to run and gun and only use the middle when needed capping or defending B, and love to use the flanks to get behind the emeny and screw them(insert dirty comments!!) I am all for the win with any means, will gladly take a claymore or anything as long as the team makes it through it...unless Iknow u have a sure kill i shoot at them also not to steal the kill but to ensure our preservation(don't want the kill jus the assit...lol) will gladly step out and and die from a sniper shot as long as sum1 on the team takes them out from giving away their position...I have watched alot of my matches and and see most of my mistakes just duh........wow can't belevie I did that...sniping is new to me I am not a quick scoper be any means...more of the real sniper...shoot 2 move....shoot 2 move....there a few maps I choose to do this on.....I have tried many times to HUNT like Nix but i can'tseem to move that slowly...lol....I am a nader and get many kills that way defending Flags..I do love to knife and have a problem with knifing when I am trying to fire from the hip...not sure y....wish I could get this outta my system....I will try and watch a few others play as soon as I can. Thanks to all whom have already posted. Smile
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Hell if you like to knife, then run LW/Warlord/Marathon with balistic knives and hawks. Now thats fun. Not sure if it will improve your game but it really pisses people off.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
NamKnight wrote:
Becuase there isn't enough competition for last place on the leaderboard and I have a competetive streak! It got too easy to hold the bottom rung and i need something to motivate me to continue to feed enemy kill streaks. DUH! Smile

BDN8, So far I'm kicking your a$$ as the bottom feeder Cool
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 pm

So along the lines of Reaver watching clannies games in theater, who is recommended to watch? I consider myself a fair player with a lot of room for improvement. I have watched Nixon's games and actually keep one of my loadout slots named after him. I have watched Demonshroom for improvement on my SPAS usage. I do modify my loadouts to suit my style of play, for instance I see Nixon running Scav/Hardened/Hacker w/ Galil and I will switch out Scavenger for Ghost Pro as it suits me better. Demonshroom runs steady aim on the shottie and I can't deal with the half hour it takes to jam more shells in the weapon so I use SOH instead. Who has the expertise in what and who should we watch? I think there are many in here who, like me, will benefit from watching others vids and I think it is a bit more practical to look within the clan rather than the leaderboards. So throw out your nominations for academy awards for;

Best Sniper

Best Run and Gun

Best Capturererer

Etc, etc.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Well according to Manic I am a "Ruthless Beast" not sure where that falls in but hey I'll take it!!!
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Feel free to watch me and see what NOT to do. Wink
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 am

I'm with Kagan...
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

http://www.codblackopsnews.com/pages/news/3336-6-styles-of-play-to-consider-for-black-ops

These are some play styles you might wanna consider, I prefer rusher but it kinda depends on the team your playing with and who you are playing against. My perks normally are ghost, warlord and marathon pro. It's sneak run and gun and I kinda repeat that all trough the game. I think Killface also added a good explanatory vids on the old website for domination. He has a very good anticipation on where the opposition is coming from so you might wanna check some vids of him in theatre mode.
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 am

Oh Tema Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:18 am

oh you love him again now do you killface

lol as long as he doesnt take credit for your chopper being realeased Embarassed

see u online later

bomber
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 am

hahaha well I will never take credit anymore for another man's chopper! sorry killface, bomber and others I may have forgotten! I even made it so that I only have the low killstreaks going Wink
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 am

I love the low killstreaks get a few in a match then spam the crap out of the airspace with sp and csp drives the other team nuts Wink
Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 am

I run low killstreaks by default, as most of the time I do something stupid and get myself shot. It is also a great moral boost to run Hardline and get a SP with 2 kills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lookin for help ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lookin for help ?   Lookin for help ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lookin for help ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next