Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:57 pm

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Hey J, im haveing some isues with my wifi. The signal has gone to shit and i have no clue why? I did some test from my phone off of speed tests app back 2 months ago amd i was getting 5 down 1 up 25 ping from any room in the house. When i would walk up to the router i was getting 18down 1 up 15 ping. Latley we have been haveing problems with the laptop being able to stream anything, same with my phone. Right now while im tyoeing ifs laging like a son of a bitch lol. So i did a test sitting in my kitchen, 15' through some walls, just tested my phone and got .25 down .10 up with a 25 ping. Shits starting to get on my nerves! Anyway if any of that can help you help me that would be great, ill be on tonight around 9 if you just want to talk about it then. Thanks...oh amd im gonna take my crown back !

Routers tend to crap out after awhile of being on all the time. Usually a reboot is required and that will fix the problem. Mine does that sometimes. I reset the router and everything is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:01 pm

zombiepatton wrote:
Okay guys i got a ps3, I have a the best cable internet you can buy, I have an upgraded roadrunner lighting server in my house that my wife's company buys , my ps3 stated it gets 50 down and 12 up
Lately I have been kicked out mid game, about two a night. I have have tried wireless and hard wireing, no differance . In just started 2 weeks ago. Is this a mw3 issue or me..any suggestions

Since the last update, IW fucked something up bad with the servers. I went from always Open NAT to now Moderate. Some days it will be Strict. Nothing has changed on my router in YEARS since MW2 came out! I've always had an open NAT. Since they did the update, it's a toss up as to what NAT I will have. Also the disconnects and lagging are worse since the last update. It's most likely not you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:41 am

I called my cable provider and they did a test. it is not me...i kinda wish it was, i got kicked twice last night...this is getting worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:10 am

pariah_81 wrote:

disable upnp in your router. you will never pull host regardless of your connection.
Thank you!!!
Wzrd wrote:

Since the last update, IW fucked something up bad with the servers. I went from always Open NAT to now Moderate. Some days it will be Strict. Nothing has changed on my router in YEARS since MW2 came out! I've always had an open NAT. Since they did the update, it's a toss up as to what NAT I will have. Also the disconnects and lagging are worse since the last update. It's most likely not you!
You need to assign a static IP to your PS3, then add it as DMZ. If you do this correctly, your NAT should always be open, unless I'm mistaken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

my nat is aways open...just likes to drop randomly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

crushing_cheetos wrote:
pariah_81 wrote:

disable upnp in your router. you will never pull host regardless of your connection.
Thank you!!!
Wzrd wrote:

You need to assign a static IP to your PS3, then add it as DMZ. If you do this correctly, your NAT should always be open, unless I'm mistaken...

My NAT was ALWAYS open before they fucked the last update up. They seemed to have somewhat fixed the NAT issue as far as NAT type. My NAT doesn't randomly pick whether it wants to be open, moderate or strict anymore. It's been a solid Moderate lately. Now if they could fix the fucking hit markers and lagging because THAT is really bad now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok...so I finally upgraded my router...got rid of the OLD linksys WRT150N that wasn't even putting out a wireless signal and bout a Netgear N600.

Before switching speedtest said I was running about 16-20Mbps down and about 3.5 up. Testmy said about 5-10 down and about 3 up...why the difference? I pay for 30 down and 4 up.

After switching, speedtest said I was running about 30 down and 4 up...but testmy was unchanged. So did I actually make an improvement? For what it's worth, webpages seem to be loading faster now.

My ping tests were good both before and after, about 50ms with single digit jitter and no packet loss and the change didn't seem to matter.

Also, I run an older motorola Docsis 2 router...I picked up a new Docsis 3.0...should I make the switch or not bother and take it back? Just want to make sure it will be worth the $99.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah switch over definitely to the DOCSIS 3.0. Much more stable setup.
Back to top Go down
Denar

Denar

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

So my ping and download speed is pretty , but I don't like my router it's a cisco e3200. The wireless n keeps dropping and sometimes, speeds get really slow until I reboot. So I saw that someone said the DOCSIS 3.0 is the best router to get for gaming. Anyone else have a better option?
Back to top Go down
Jdawg396

Jdawg396

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello,
Maybe you can help me with my network too. I have a Cisco dcp3010 cable modem and a Cisco linksys e2500 router.
Coaxial cable direct to modem, Ethernet connection to router. Ps3 and Xbox 360 via Ethernet cable to router then wireless devices throughout the house, including an iMac. We hae 30mbps service. It's way faster than the old dsl but I would like to see if I can get the 30mbps speed at all times.
The ps3 connection is port forwarded? I manually entered the DNs etc...
So what can I do? Anything ?
Thanks
Jdawg
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I've updated the first two posts and went into more depth on "DNS".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:03 pm

hoffy wrote:

After switching, speedtest said I was running about 30 down and 4 up...but testmy was unchanged. So did I actually make an improvement? For what it's worth, webpages seem to be loading faster now.

Don't worry too much about not getting the same speed on different tests and testing against different locations. As long as your getting consistent test results against the same server and you are able to pull the full 30 that you pay for on any test you are fine.

Those speed tests are going to differ depending on what server you are testing against. The tests are not testing your connection to the world, just to the server that you are testing against. I live in Northern California and if I test against the sites in San Francisco I am lucky to get 30-35 on a 50 Comcast connection, but if I test against servers in Vegas I get upwards of 70 (my box is the first off of the Comcast box.)

Also, keep in mind that, since we are talking about connection to the PSN, that the only real connection that matters is your connection to PSN. Unfortunately, because of the PSN server that I connect to, the fastest I can connect to Play Station is about 20.

that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:06 am

Ready to pull the beard hair out. so Heres the deal my xbox nat type open, my PS3 which I play call of duty on strict, i'd done port forwarding, I've done dmz I've enabled and disabled UPnP and am at a complete loss. Can anyone one help cause I sure as heck am not able to figure this out. I have a dlink 655. Apparently there have been problems with those and getting them out hopefully someone here has some kind of answer for me.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:16 am

On the bottom of the router somewhere there should be a tag that lists the serial number, possibly the MAC, model, etc.

It should say somewhere the hardware revision. Is this rev A or B? Also what firmware version is listed?

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Hardware%20Version%20Visual

Does your PS3 have a static IP address? In other words did you personally give it an address? Or did you (in your router) reserve it's IP address? If you answered NO to either of these questions - this could be your problem. Most if not all routers require the IP address for the host you want to place in the DMZ. If the host (your console) receives a different address (dynamic / DHCP) then that rule in the router no longer applies to the correct host.

Also PS3 classifies their NAT differently than XBOX...by using numbers. Which NAT type does your PS3 currently display? Type 1 is NOT necessary if you're type 2 that's perfectly fine. It's type 3 you want to avoid.

Some routers may not allow you to place more than one host in the DMZ. If you're xbox is already in there you may be running into issues for that reason as well.
Back to top Go down
that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 am

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Tu2wQ

Here's what I have in the DMZ for the router. I set my IP for my playstation as follows
PS3 IP 192.168.0.15
DNS 255.255.255.0
Router IP 192.168.0.1
primary 192.168.0.1
secondary 192.168.0.2

My nat type says 2, which I know just means its going through a router.
however in game it says strict setting, trying to get that to change.

Hardware Version: B1 Firmware Version: 2.00NA

Also Xbox isn't in DMZ

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:13 am

who's your isp is it dsl? cable? fiber? also assuming the router has this option - save the config - and upgrade firmware...the latest is 2.07

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/support/product/dir-655-wireless-n-gigabit-router?revision=us_revb

you'll want to perform this on a WIRED connection

worst case scenario try this guide for port forwarding vs dmz see if it makes a difference

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/Call_of_Duty_-_Modern_Warfare_3.htm

what device on your network has this address? secondary 192.168.0.2

you could also put in google or level 3's dns as the secondary 8.8.4.4 or 4.2.2.2

lastly is your ps3 connected to your network wireless or is it hard wired?

Last edited by BlackDeath on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:17 am

yeah I can try to upgrade the firmware, I have comcast -cable modem. I'm getting 5m down and 2 up on the speed test.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 am

OH oh oh ok hold up. If the cable modem has a built in firewall (which most of them do) and your ps3 is connected via the router you may be double nat'ing which is causing your strict nat type.

By chance are there any spare network jacks on the cable modem itself - so you can plugin your ps3 directly to it? If not try turning the cable modems firewall off - let your router handle all that.

What model cable modem is it? Have you ever been in its GUI / web page? Do you happen to know if its setup in "bridge" mode? Don't change any settings in the cable modem without first writing them down.
Back to top Go down
that_punk_kid

that_punk_kid

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 am

Ok I'm looking into that now I'll get back with you however I've logged into the router and there is nothing I can change. I'll have to get the model number and that. I went to 192.168.100.1/config.html but no love still fishing.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:40 pm

just type in 192.168.100.1 into a web browser's address bar and hit enter - it should forward you to the login page - note it should say somewhere what type of device you're logging into - ensure its the comcast modem and not your dlink

the default credentials for most comcast modems are

username: cusadmin
password: highspeed

if that doesn't work try

username: admin
password: 1234 (alternate password: "password")
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Hey Black I called my ISP today (Time Warner) because was tired of pulling a crap shoot on my NAT even though it's in the DMZ. They told me to use Port Triggering instead of Port forwarding but I don't know much about it. They told me to put in the same port in both slots when I want just one number but it won't let me do that. Was I rickrolled?

pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:23 pm

yeah port triggering means you want just that particular port going. you are establishing the parameters at which you are needing to have it triggered. However, why are you port forwarding if you are on a DMZ? Are you using UPnP? thats pretty important with COD and gaming in general.

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm

if you told them your xbox was in the dmz and they told you to forward ports they are fucking stupid

you cant get any more OPEN then in the DMZ

is the xbox plugged directly into the cable modem or some other piece of equipment?

do you have any other equipment plugged in after the cable modem? another router or anything?

what happens a lot of times the cable modem has a built in firewall then they'll plug a router in after it and it too has a firewall - this sometimes results in double nat'ing in which case almost always prevents an open nat type
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

I got THREE Xboxes. I can only have one in the DMZ. (Router rules) I have the an Ubee DDW3611 Modem/Router I have them turn off the Router since I have an Asus RT-N56U router that I am not going to get rid of since I paid 150 bucks for it and I have an external HD and Printer hooked up to it for Network access. The Xboxes are all plugged into the Asus Router. I have the firewall on the router turned off as well as uPnP turned on. Any info would be greatly appreciated and I am just trying to get a better connection since I am tired of paying for a higher speed of internet and getting the short end of the stick in Carl on Duty Black Cops 2.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 am

in the cable modem what mode is it set to?

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Thumb10

also where are the other consoles plugged into? and do all three display a moderate nat?

lastly when was the last time your nat showed open? did anything change? hardware or config wise router, modem, etc?
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 am

Its in Bridge mode, only thing changed was the stupid techs about 3 months ago locked up my modem/router and I couldn't do anything and had to call back to get it unlocked. They locked it up during a call that was for no service. As for the NAT its a crapshoot I may have open/mod/strict while the others are the same as well. But I never had all say strict or mod at the same time. Its just the ISP and I was able to change some settings that hopefully helped but tomorrow will be the real test since I was told during my second call today that I am having issues with the fact that my throughput or something like that is all over the place and that they are going to be checking something out at the pole also they might be bringing me a new or different modem.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   The Ultimate Network / Router Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Welcome to the Over 30 Clan :: Technical Help Area-
Jump to: