Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

intriguing topic on the mw3 boards

Go down 
AuthorMessage

intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Empty
PostSubject: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Its a good idea gerry, I think it would also make the games more competitive aswell if people only played the objectives. Some of the winning margins lately have been silly with very few caps by the other team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:49 pm

I like KD for each mode and get rid of the overall KDR. Dom KDR, FFA KDR, TDM KDR... you get the drift.

As a dom player I am also interested in things like Caps per Minute. Defends Per Minute. Time Holding B/match. Times B changes hands per match. These things measure the skills of Dom players better IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I think the whole concept of point streaks as opposed to kill streaks may already be a means to solve this. If proper reward points are already in place for capturing flags, defending flags, even 3 flag domination bonuses, then the overall reward will be hitting your point streak benefits that much faster.

I am guessing that kills themselves may be lower point value in these objective based games. In TDM where the kill is the objective then the point streak rewards are generated off the kills, headshots and assists solely. In Dom, HQ, Demo, Sab, S&D or CTF where the more important goal is the objective, it makes more game sense to go for the capture. If a capture is worth 5 kills in point comparison, you will see people being objective first as it gets them that much closer to a streak reward.

As for the whole k/d ratio arguement, I personally never cared about the stat. But I can see the frustration when you are trying to win the match and you have teammates who are ignoring the objective in attempt to pad a meaningless stat. I'll gladly go 10-20 with 3 captures and 10 defends if it means winning the match 200-0. If an opponent thinks he played a better game because he went 40-10 with no captures or defends then that is simply laughable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:52 am

i agree with lumm0x
also a cap should count as at least 1 "kill or point" toward your streak, i just hope that the match bonus is higher for players that have more caps/defends than for a player that has a 4 kdr with zero caps/defends, only time will tell.

just like BLOPS took out Jugs and Stopping Power so we get a slower, campier type game

sounds good on paper but not sure how feasible it will be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: intriguing topic on the mw3 boards   intriguing topic on the mw3 boards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

intriguing topic on the mw3 boards
Page 1 of 1