Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Empty
PostSubject: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:08 am

So I was on my way home from the fire dept yesterday. Keep in mind that I am in uniform and in a marked FD unit. I am driving down a residential road on my way home when I see an American Flag flying upside down in the residents front yard. Nice house, nice yard, in no obvious distress. Now I can imagine that they were probably trying to make a political statment about our country's current economic status and how they probably don't like our leaders and I might even agree with said opinions. But to disrespect our American Flag by flying it upside down when they are not truely in distress angers me to no end. Our American Flag should not be used in this regard. I wanted so bad to get out of my unit and go to there front door and knock it down and slap the shit out of the people inside, but again, in uniform and in a marked unit so unless I want to be looking for a new job I just have to rant about it on here. Feel free to disagree if u like but my opinion is mine and it will not change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 am

I agree with ya bro they shouldnt disrespect the flag like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am

I may not agree with what they say, but I fought so they could say it. Fuck em and good day to them, but it is their right.

The ones that get me wound up are the fucking bums on the street corner claiming to be vets begging for money. Most are not veterans and are a shame to themselves and get my blood boiling. There are many, many programs and places for veterans that are having a tough time. you need food, housing, job training, substance abuse help, counseling. All free thru the VA, Vet Centers, VFW, etc. To claim veteran status to try and increase the amount of money your worthless ass collects from passing cars is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I may not agree with what they say, but I fought so they could say it. Fuck em and good day to them, but it is their right.

The ones that get me wound up are the fucking bums on the street corner claiming to be vets begging for money. Most are not veterans and are a shame to themselves and get my blood boiling. There are many, many programs and places for veterans that are having a tough time. you need food, housing, job training, substance abuse help, counseling. All free thru the VA, Vet Centers, VFW, etc. To claim veteran status to try and increase the amount of money your worthless ass collects from passing cars is bullshit.

I definitely agree that u fought so we have the rights to speak freely, but damn, do it a differnt way. Don't disrespect our flag!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 am

well put N8 i am not a Vet so i have no clue but im sure seeing someone pass themself off as a Vet must be a big slap in the face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 am

Hop, you should have went to the door with your uniform on and the fire truck in thier yard and gave them a piece of your mind. Imagine the facial expressions.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

It's also possible that some asshat thought that they were being funny and turned the people's flag upside down; it's been known to happen.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:30 am

next time you see that, go pound on their door. At like 4am. If they get bitchy about it, kindly inform them that an upside down flag is a distress signal and you're here to help. Get a couple of your friends to do the same. I bet that flag gets fixed within a week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 am

true there severd
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

Seems kind of cheap to use the flag like that as a political statement.

Severed Digits wrote:
next time you see that, go pound on their door. At like 4am. If they get bitchy about it, kindly inform them that an upside down flag is a distress signal and you're here to help. Get a couple of your friends to do the same. I bet that flag gets fixed within a week.

This seems like the best response to me. It is a sign of distress after all.
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:28 pm

It's my understanding that firefighters know how to prevent, extinguish, and START fires...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Hop,
Please swing by and pick up Bingo and myself, so we can go knock on their door, lead them out in the front yard, hook up to the closest plug, and open up the diluge gun on straight stream on their asses. That is all. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:19 pm

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
It's my understanding that firefighters know how to prevent, extinguish, and START fires...

Yeah, oddly enough FF are the best at starting them as well as putting them out. I like where u are going with that. Now I just need to work up a good alibi. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
Hop,
Please swing by and pick up Bingo and myself, so we can go knock on their door, lead them out in the front yard, hook up to the closest plug, and open up the diluge gun on straight stream on their asses. That is all. Evil or Very Mad

Good to know my brothers have my back. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:23 pm

mwhop78 wrote:
ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:

Yeah, oddly enough FF are the best at starting them as well as putting them out. I like where u are going with that. Now I just need to work up a good alibi. Twisted Evil

You were at my house cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Hop you should have stopped and went up to there door saying there is a report of a possible gas leak and they need to step out of the house while you checked to make sure it was safe.Then went into the bathroom and gave them a upper decker(shit in the top part of there toilet so every time they flush it fills with shit water)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:59 pm

I have noticed for the past 3 presidential elections, every year that we enter into a time of election, you will find a lot of people doing this very thing. Here is my two cents:

1: It is their right to do so.
2:That doesn't mean do it, just to make a point
3: Often enough people take this as a way to manipulate to 8th flag law. And in doing so they recklessly fly it this way. In the Navy they tell us, this is only to be done if there are problems on board your vessel. IE: quarantine for illness, fire or (serious) distress issues.
4. All that being siad, I think the appropriate way to handle this would be to simply confront the person, and ask of them to change it. All the while explaining to them how serious it really is.
5": i cannot agree with whoever said using the flag as a political statement. Mainly because, thats exactly what it is.

My advice, is to not let this get to you so much. Although we all wish people would respect our country more, its sometiems difficult. And int his particular case, people will say: My property is in danger. Which is actually what the law states, However, your personal financial problems. dosent constitute an sos. And people need to be more respectful of their country, or get the hell out of it.

But again, it is a bit hypocritical to say someone cannot do it. Being that it is their right as an american. And since Im pro rights. I wouldn't feel right just outright telling them off without first trying to speak to them and compromise.

anyone who knows me knows, its difficult to get me to ever really discuss something serious on here. But this to me is a serious issue. I would knock their door tomorrow when you pass by, and just tell them that while you respect the fact that its within their rights, you would appreciate if they wouldn't fly it union down. And just tell them that you had to stop because as a fire fighter, its your obligation to investigate the matter, since it was in fact a distress call. however if they give you shit. Or act rude, I would stop every day and knock everyday to "Make sure everything is okay" until you annoy them so much they turn it rightness up.

This way you are being just as manipulative as they are. Its pretty self satisfactory when you can manipulate someone who is trying so very hard to boldly manipulate the country we love and hold so close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Nice sensei,

You have much more restraint than I do, I would kick the door down, gun drawn. Just to make sure everything was ok inside. Everyday.

I saw the political upside-down flag thing in a movie, I can't remember the name of it. I blame lack of education, feel free to educate them.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
It's also possible that some asshat thought that they were being funny and turned the people's flag upside down; it's been known to happen.

Yeah, some bullshit like that happened in my hometown. Still, you could always politely stop by and ask what the emergency is. If not intentional they can fix it, if intentional maybe they'd get the message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.    When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When I saw this yesterday on my way home it made me so angry.
Page 1 of 1