Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS3 Problems

Go down 
+3
koruptaz09
Kamea6
walldoggy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
walldoggy

PS3 Problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Unfortunately, it's just the blu-ray drive that is on the dead camel, not a whole PS3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 am

No, it is fortunate. I can still play non-disc games and watch NetFlix.

I'm thinking I should have bought the travel insurance.

The worse thing about not playing is I am watching the NFL (which I normally enjoy). However, these games are pathetic with the basketball refs calling the games.
(at least I hope they are not football refs because they suuuck).

It is now officially a joke to watch. Reminds me of the WWF.

Anyone see the ref through their hat in the path of the defender so they would slip and fall?

And tonight! I almost threw my remote out the window and go kick the neighbor's dog.

I have to get the blu-ray drive before this weekends comedy of errors.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:19 pm

You would think that after 52 years I would be smart enough to know it costs more money trying to save money on electronics.

Should have bought a new PS3 the day after I realized it was broke.

Instead, over two weeks later I had the part arrive. Bitch to install. Got it back together and when a disc goes in the machine it proceeds to make a loud whiny noise the whole time the disc is in it. Even if you are not accessing the disc.
Remove the disc and the whine goes away.

Wrote the people that sold it to me, and waiting to hear back. Not real hopeful. And if they want it returned and wait for another one I think I will just go buy a new one and use this one in the other TV room. (which is what I should have done to begin with).
(the grandkids dont mind the whiny noise... lol )

I may be on tonight. The grandkids spend the night on Fridays (so mom and dad can be alone) so I am not sure.

Sigh.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm

You've been missed cannis. Hope it gets squared away.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:42 pm

I do miss the Can-man whispering my ear...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Crap. It just stopped working. That was a waste of money.

Guess I will go to Walmart this weekend and pick up a new console.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Make sure the scooter is fully charged!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh shit. Sorry to hear about your PS3 problems Canis. Hope it gets sorted out soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Is it YLOD? Do you have a description of the problem? Before xbox i played ps3 fixed a few ps3s some with sodding or with lol duct tape, if you cant duct it F..it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

I can do everything but play a disc. Netflix, etc is okay.

Originally, I was playing MW3 with the gang and got booted. Got a black screen.

Had to turn off the system.

When it rebooted the disc drive made a chunk, chunk, several times followed by a loud clunk then eventually got the error message.

Installed a new blu-ray reader and rebuilt drive. It fired up with a whiny noise like a card stuck in the spokes of a bike. The game was read for about one hour and then back to the chunk, chunk, CLUNK, black screen, error msg.

I think the drive was damaged in transit. Remember, the camel got stuck in Arizona so it might have been overheated.

Oh well. I am sending the drive back and hoping for my money back. If not, I don't care at this point.

M
y

i
n
t
e
r
e
s
t

i
n

g
a
m
i
n
g

i
s

w
a
n
i
n
g

f

a

s

t

my wife offered to give me $250 to NOT buy another console (I am getting a lot done)

I think this weekend is the big test. If I make it through the weekend without buying a new console it is probably adios to online gaming (at least for awhile).

Its not the money, I have the money to buy a new console. Its just that these last two weeks of withdrawels makes me wonder if it is worth the addiction again.

Hmm, got to find someone to whisper to at 2am. Walldoggy, give your home phone number. lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm

I think u can get it online now and download to theps3.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 am

Canis, get you butt into that scooter and over to Walmart to get your new PS3. I need someone to cover Back C on Village and A on Hardhat. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 am

And Canis, if there ever was a reason for you to keep on playing... here it is:

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:21 pm

We miss you Canis (no homo)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Both Target and Walmart were out of the PS3 today, except for the most expensive model/bundle.

The other Walmarts are out of the range of my scooter (and I have to get on the freeway).

They must be making room for the new PS3.

I refuse to buy anymore hardware from Gamestop. Their return policy sucks.

The people that sent me the bad blu-ray reader sent out a new blu-ray reader yesterday so I am going to wait and see if it fixes it.

Back to top Go down
bee_swarm

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am

today my ps3 drive stopped reading disc. tried games, blu ray, and nothing. I read online that re-formatting it "might" fix the problem, which I hope it will. what will I do without my gaming? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 am

The LNWC is droping like flys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah Bee, I tried all of that and nothing worked.

I hope it is just a matter of reformatting for you because otherwise I think its best to just buy a new PS3 and not go through the hassle I have been going through.

Its a weird feeling for the first few days, but now that it has been over 2 weeks its kind of weird thinking about playing again. Scarry.

You can always join my clan of LZ100 and get yourself a scooter and cruise the mall.

Back to top Go down
bee_swarm

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

the reformatting did nothing. still won't read any disc. called sony and they said since it's out of warranty, they could fix it for $129 plus tax or they could offer me a refurbished 160gb slim for $99 plus tax. 3-5 bus days to get the box to return my fatboy. then about 5-7 bus days to get the refurbished one. fix fatboy, buy refurbished and save money or buy brand new...decisions, decisions since PS4 should be here late 2013

Canis, a scooter would end up costing me a lot more then a new ps3, plus it's boring to cruise the mall solo...lol
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Scooter clan! Where do I join?
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:18 pm

WTH is going on here?

2 of our most seasoned LNWC vets are on the sidelines.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Even more astounding I think bee posted more in that one post then he did in his 1st 32. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 pm

bee_swarm wrote:

Canis, a scooter would end up costing me a lot more then a new ps3, plus it's boring to cruise the mall solo...lol

True, but think of all the cougars out there.

After further research I have decided that my issue is overheating (the overheating ruined the blu-ray reader). The fan does work, but I read that it is suppose to go into high speed when extra cooling is needed.

When the disc drive heats up and quits working the disc is almost too hot to touch.

So I have to figure out why the fan isn't working correctly. Maybe replace the fan.

But I have to fix the cooling before putting another reader into the disc drive.

In retrospect, I should have just bought a new PS3. It would have taken me about 1 hour to move all the files, etc to the new system and I could have been up and running two weeks ago.

If Target or Walmart had the PS3 in stock I would have bought it yesterday. Or if my scooter was rated to go on the highway I could have gone into Roseville and got one.

(really Bee and I are starting a new secret clan and using this as a cover story)
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Yesterday I bought a skinny slim 250gb and played last night.

WHere were you Walldoggy?

It came with Uncharted3 and Dust, and one month free PS+

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I missed cannis return Sad. Just two more early shifts and I start my two week vacation. U guys are going to be sick of by the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Problems   PS3 Problems - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Problems
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next