Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Last year when i had 8mg service i upgraded to 16 and they made me change to a DOCSIS 3.0. They told me anything over 10 basically needs the 3.0 to run properly. When i changed to the 25mg i have now i was all set modem wise but my lease went from $5 to $7. Providers will find anyway they can to squeeze $ from you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 am

Ok so I need real feedback and not bitching about what your typical connection is like. Last night I was able to play with the clan a lot longer than the past three nights cause it seemed that when I got game host peoples connections were still pretty good. So all in all was it better last night, or the same as the past few nights when I am game host?

This is of course excluding the last 1 or 2 matches I was the game host.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:50 pm

I usually have 4 bars, sometimes 3 bars. I have Verizon FiOS, supposedly 35 up/ 35 down, speedtest has shown over 35 at times and usually not close to 35 up, with a ping under 15 ms.

Sometimes it seems like my connection is worse when I'm host, like their netcode has lag compensation hardcore to even it out for people going against the host, which sucks. It also seems like if I go to 3 bars, there's no point sniping because of bad hit detection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:43 pm

justyourhero wrote:
I usually have 4 bars, sometimes 3 bars. I have Verizon FiOS, supposedly 35 up/ 35 down, speedtest has shown over 35 at times and usually not close to 35 up, with a ping under 15 ms.

Sometimes it seems like my connection is worse when I'm host, like their netcode has lag compensation hardcore to even it out for people going against the host, which sucks. It also seems like if I go to 3 bars, there's no point sniping because of bad hit detection.

I have almost no issues when I am host, 4 bars and good to go. But the clan members in the past 5 days when I am host have 2 bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Latest update:

I bought the Cisco DOC SIS 3.0 modem today from my ISP, they took $20 off the price which helped my anger towards having to buy it and test it out.

So we will see tonight if this fixes your guys issues when I am the game host. If this does not work my ISP said they would send out a technical night crew to monitor my connection to see what may be the issue.

I am beyond frustrated with this situation. I am getting the feeling that some clan members are now just avoiding me at night so they don't have to deal with a 2 bar connection.......I don't blame you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Well savvy if I am on tonight send me an invite. Lag was not to bad lastnight. No worse then it has been the last few nights when other people have hosted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:11 pm

I always just thought it was the fact that I am on the far right coast hanging off the edge and your in the middle of the desert. Sorry your having actual problems. I have no clue what kind of internet crap modem, router wires ect that my roommate has, I just play and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:25 pm

My connection to Savvy as host has definately changed Fishboy. Odd thing is he still gets host. It was pretty funny at first, but I definately understand how two weeks of it would get unbearable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 pm

jsavvy wrote:
The guy was here this morning and replaced all the connectors (not the cable) and the one outside was rusted and all jacked. My modem is fine. Now I just sit and wait until tonight to see how the connection performs.

Of course one of the first things the guy says is the internet package that I am on I should really have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and not the DOCSIS 2.0 modem that I currently have. I told him that my modem is less than two years old and I've had no issues with it so I am not upgrading unless my ISP decides to give me one......

We will see what happens tonight, may be another MW2 night for me...... Rolling Eyes

I was on MW2 all day/night yesterday simply trying to re-familiarize myself with the game style and game play, will probably play a 50/50 split of BO and MW2 leading up to the MW3 launch would like to see how we do as a team on MW2 instead of playing random games, especially since my stats on that game are so awful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 pm

When I first upgraded my internet speed to 15mb I hadn't yet upgraded my modem. I was testing better speeds than I had before. I then upgraded my modem to docsis 3.0 along with my router (main reason is my wife and daughter were on the same time I was and the router I got could configure around that) my internet download and upload speed got considerbly better and better yet when i upgraded to 25 mbt download speed. The router/modem combo made a huge difference. My isp would've been able to provide the router to me but I would have to rent it. I figured the cost I paid for the modem would be covered in less than a year of renting one. I'm still running wireless, but my ps3 test shows that I'm downloading at 11.0 mbt and upload at 2.0 mbt. I think that is about all you can get on psn. The best thing is I don't have any problems when my wife and kid are online doing their thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
When I first upgraded my internet speed to 15mb I hadn't yet upgraded my modem. I was testing better speeds than I had before. I then upgraded my modem to docsis 3.0 along with my router (main reason is my wife and daughter were on the same time I was and the router I got could configure around that) my internet download and upload speed got considerbly better and better yet when i upgraded to 25 mbt download speed. The router/modem combo made a huge difference. My isp would've been able to provide the router to me but I would have to rent it. I figured the cost I paid for the modem would be covered in less than a year of renting one. I'm still running wireless, but my ps3 test shows that I'm downloading at 11.0 mbt and upload at 2.0 mbt. I think that is about all you can get on psn. The best thing is I don't have any problems when my wife and kid are online doing their thing.

I've been on this new plan for 9 months with my old modem and a new router (only upgraded router 3 months ago) and clam members never had issues like this when i am the game host. Now that I've upgraded my modem today I am hopeful that when I am the game host tonight clan members have good connections. It was better last night but not perfect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:39 am

Sorry to hear your having problems, that sucks...
I haven't avoided you, your always welcome in my lobby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 am

Update from last night:

The good-------I was able to play with the clan as long as I wanted.

The bad-------I did not get game host the entire night, I was at a 3 bar all night (many times it only played like 2 bars), I was losing a ton of 1v1 battles when I would ADS and shoot first (until I saw the kill cam)

We'll see how tonight goes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:15 am

So Savvy...this means that you're playing like me...LOL

Welcome to the world of 3-Bar frustration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:28 am

Kagan wrote:
So Savvy...this means that you're playing like me...LOL

Welcome to the world of 3-Bar frustration.

I had 3 bar frustration for 5 months then I upgraded my router, had 3 months of mostly 4 bars.....I am so bummed to be back in the 3 bar world, hopefully I will get back to 4 bars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 am

Slumming with Kagan then... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked   A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A first for me in Black Ops last night......and it sucked
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2