Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

How BLOPS2 changed my style

Go down 
+2
playa2daworld
NukeLaCoog
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

How BLOPS2 changed my style Empty
PostSubject: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, the game didn't change my play style it forced me to change and it is set up for that change. Up front I am not a good player but I am an effective objective player. I collect a lot of bullets to the face but I collect a lot of flags and will do the dirty stuff needed to win. In MW3 I ran support, capped flags and hung back to try and hold flags and I would roll up to cap flags we lost.

That has changed in BLOPS2 for a couple of reasons. Map design and connection. To me, these maps play smaller than MW3. They might have similar amount of square footage but the action is tight with fewer long lines of sight to flags and choke points. In MW3 you could post up on or near the flag and be able to defend at range. Not so much anymore. The places you can post up now have moved around the map so that you can reduce the range and defend choke points up close. These little spots are now all over the map. It feels like most corners have small head glitch spots (trash cans, rubble, hay bales, crates etc). Add that to multiple routes in and out of the objective area and you have maps that you can push fast close quarters engagements.

Now, map design is only a small part of it. Map design gives me the opportunity to change it up. Connection has made it necessary to change. I rarely play on an balanced connection. I am either way behind or way ahead. The only games I see any sort of balance is when I am way behind or way ahead within the same game. This pretty much eliminates me hanging back and playing a traditional defensive role. With the game skipping and stuttering it is nearly impossible to take guys out at 80-100 yards without getting freight trained. So, to combat this I have had to crank it up and go fast. Since my connection is going to lag I am going to get up into people's faces and spray like Peter North. I still consistently get 1 shotted and caught in a sprint when my screen shows I am firing with the kill cam show I ran headfirst into 20 bullets. On the other hand I am able to get up close within 20 yards and my SMG's have sort of a fighting chance. Plus if I am pushing and moving quickly that laggy moving target is still tougher to hit than the laggy still one. And if and when that connection turns in my favor then I am up in someone's earhole before they know it.

Strangely enough, it has really worked for me. In the past when I would speed up I would get destroyed. Now that I have been playing with my hair on fire it has actually helped. Despite a significantly worse connection than I had in MW3, my statistics show I am more effective. SPM is up drastically, accuracy is way up and K/D and average kills are up as well (of course my personal body count has increased with it). Now that it seems that Treyarch is addressing the freeze issue that would kick me from dozens of games and dropped lobbies giving me losses I might have a chance to start boosting that win%.

If anyone is having constant connection issues like me, try cranking it up a little. It might work for you too.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
playa2daworld

playa2daworld

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:29 pm

me 2.....

im more successful with boot/hardline,toughness,extreme sprint/dexterity and yes lag is crazy right now shoots through people is an every game thing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/playa2daworld
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Despite a significantly worse connection than I had in MW3,

If anyone is having constant connection issues like me, try cranking it up a little. It might work for you too.

[/quote]

I have never had as bad a connection in blops 2 as mw3 was alot of the time ( I have had the worst connection's in private party's with the 30 )
and the rest do you remember mw3 at first I do unplayable at time's and could not do a 5 or 6 person party it would never go to a game !
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

+1 for Peter North reference. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I can't tell you what MW3 was like last November/December because i didn't have the game until May. The connection in BLOPS2 is significantly worse than anything I encountered in MW3. My point is that I had to adjust the way I play and have found more success despite the connection. Connection is what it is and apparently it is common for COD games to be dogshit connection wise for the first few months. I can figure out a way to adjust or simply not buy it until spring/summer when they finally get around to tuning it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Quick note about SPM. I think someone else mentioned it, but a comparison across games doesn't work anymore because you get points for UAV Assists, Guardian Assists, more points for capping an Enemy flag, etc. So people are getting more points in general, which means a higher SPM.

But I hear you on the connection issues. It seems sometimes I can't miss, and other times I can't kill anyone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Ric878

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Connection issues are driving me crazy. I spent two days thinking that I had issues with my router or broadband provider before I realized many others experiencing the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 5:19 am

Learning to be agressive was a real epiphany for me too, i get a lot more kills/deaths if i keep moving forward. This goes against my nature, i too am better at defending and anti aircraft duties, i'm not a run and gun fan, but it seems to work.

But on that point i can't seem to get on with SMG's, i don't seem to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, i think im gonna stick with my FAL cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How BLOPS2 changed my style   How BLOPS2 changed my style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How BLOPS2 changed my style
Page 1 of 1