Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)

Go down 
+23
indyratpack
Gunz N Beer
GGz ST34LTHY
IronKneebone
DeathByAK
BUBBAxHOxTEP
redminister
BLACKHAWXX 88
xXx MiGs xXx
Doamne01
Z06NESS
Mr_Crapshine
BlackDeath
Repo_Dog
Dubious Baller
Nely
Spartan Runnerr
DELTAxDOG
evandadda
jmwmjw
walldoggy
TheZeroDivide
The1UrLookin4
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Empty
PostSubject: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am

I begin by saying I mean no harm or offense to anyone not included in this topic or group. I definitely have more laughs playing with other 30s but for some reason my scores tend to be higher when I play solo. I know this isn't a community of hardcore gamers obsessed with their k/d but part of what I enjoy about the game is getting the higher kill streaks err..point streaks, fuck you trearch.

So I would like to start a group of 30s that are more experienced and have a better understanding of the game. In all honesty every game should be "spawn trapping", especially in domination. Once you have B, if everyone is doing what they're supposed to, you should never lose it and never get shot in the back.

What are some other people's thoughts? I picked an arbitrary number of 1.5 k/d but it's meaningless, more or less just know what to do and almost more importantly what NOT to do- like triple capping or running into their spawn.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 am

Good suck. With all due respect that is not really what we are about. I wouldn't make that KD on either console. I have experience and a good understanding of how to play the game. I PTFO 100%. I have died 50 times in a game on BO2 trying to cap or get to the B flag. I have lost matches with 20 more kills than deaths and been the top player on both of the teams. I don't try to keep my KD up. I reset my stats on Xbox and PS3 only to realize that was stupid. Why do I need a higher KD? I don't. I like getting higher kill streaks and I do get them. But my connection doesn't allow me to do it all the time.

This game is a battle of connection and not skill. Skill has some to do with it, but connection has everything to do with it. I cannot get off of a 2 or 3 bar connection with this game. I have great games and then several shitty ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am

Right, I acknowledged the fact that this a recreational clan, but there are a few people that are pretty good and I just wanted an outlet for finding each other. I hear what you are saying about connection, I had a 63 game win streak in TDM that was ruined because I lost connection.

However, the advanced knowledge of the game would reduce having to suicide yourself to capture a flag, you kill the people around it then have 3 people jump on it. I have been playing CoD and only CoD since CoD4 so I consider myself pretty experienced and have seen it all.
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm very competitive and want to win every game that I play, and I consider a game where I go a 2.0 k/d a poorly played game on my part. I think I'm one of the better players in the clan, and I'm not bragging, just stating the truth.

I think it's a bad idea to form an "elite group". Things like that just fragment a community. It's not what we're about. I don't want anyone to feel unworthy of playing with me because they can't do as well as I can in a video game. I don't want someone to stress over their k/d because they may fall under the elite group threshold. I want people to enjoy the game and the friendships they've made.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 pm

TheZeroDivide wrote:
I'm very competitive and want to win every game that I play, and I consider a game where I go a 2.0 k/d a poorly played game on my part. I think I'm one of the better players in the clan, and I'm not bragging, just stating the truth.

I think it's a bad idea to form an "elite group". Things like that just fragment a community. It's not what we're about. I don't want anyone to feel unworthy of playing with me because they can't do as well as I can in a video game. I don't want someone to stress over their k/d because they may fall under the elite group threshold. I want people to enjoy the game and the friendships they've made.

I agree with this. This from the man with a 80+ kill game with only 4 deaths. Bravo on the game BTW.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm

My K/D is around .54. Guess I don't make the cut. lol

And for what it's worth, I think SPM is a better indicator in this game. Since it's scorestreaks that really matter now, not kill streaks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
jmwmjw

jmwmjw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm

not worring about K/D is one of the things that makes this Clan good. We still win most of the matchs i've played in and most everyone didn't have a plus K/D. This is about playing with our 30 friends/family.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Wow - I'm really mixed on this. Totally understand what others have said about the fabric of this clan & community, but also understand the other side as well.

I don't really see anything wrong with some guys/gals reaching out to each other based on a bit higher skill level. I wouldn't make the cut, so I'm not being partial. But this clan has a LOT of members and this forum is supposed to be how we make connections outside of in-game parties.

Regardless of how this falls out, I have a completely diff experience than ImGood, my score/points/kd/ and most importantly fun, go up when I'm running with 30s.

As a impartial observer though, I would recommend not using k/d as your metric unless you're wanting to play TDM or KC - as those are the only game modes where k/d is relevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
This game is a battle of connection and not skill. Skill has some to do with it, but connection has everything to do with it. I cannot get off of a 2 or 3 bar connection with this game. I have great games and then several shitty ones.

I totally agree, connection is 95% and skill 5% on the Call of Duty Games. I can play with anyone on some games and others I my as well hide, because im unable to kill them due to lag.

As far as a Elite K/D/experience group, I wouldnt qualify. But I totally get why you would want to play with players with higher K/D and gaming experience.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:30 pm

I can see where you are going with this, but why not try to get better organized as a team to play off everyone's strengths regarding their playing style rather than k/d based??

When I run with 30s and we communicate well it seems as though we win most of the time. But there are those times when we run into a well trained team that totally dismantles us and has a combination of players that are rushing, sniping, running sentrys or guardians at choke points, running specific scorestreaks, etc.
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm

DeathByAK wrote:

As a impartial observer though, I would recommend not using k/d as your metric unless you're wanting to play TDM or KC - as those are the only game modes where k/d is relevant.

I disagree. In every game type you and your teammates k/d is important and here is why:
All game modes- if your team is dying too much you are giving them higher kill streak rewards
Domination- you can't cap flags if they keep killing you every time you get there
Demolition- dead guys can't plant or defuse bombs
Capture the Flag- if you don't have teammates covering you, most likely you won't make it back to score
Headquarters- you need to kill them before they capture it, once you have you need to kill them to gain points
Search and Destroy- name kinda tells the story

Here is my argument in a nutshell- If you weren't SUPPOSED to get kills, they wouldn't give you guns, just lock-on rockets to shoot shit down...

Also- I could take a lobby of 30s all with negative k/ds and have every one of them finish a game with a 2+ k/d in TDM if everyone listened to me. Trust me, it's a lot of fun controlling Lodestars and VTOL Warships
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

@ NickSucksGood, instead of trying to form this new roster, why not just get 3 other guys you feel want to play your kind of game and start your own league team? Me, Mr. Pants, Mr. Bubba, and Miss Dagger started one last night, shit is fun. You mostly play CTF but with a team like your looking for, you guys could really dominate shit... Just something to think about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 pm

The optimal word in Good/Suck response would be we would have to listen to you. You know i'll be the one running around pissing you off. lol!

Last edited by YellowGeeHawd on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Very mixed feelings here. I honestly see and agree with both sides on this one. I do agree that K/D plays an important role. However i do think a separate "Roster" may create a divide and that's not what the clan is about.
Delta's suggestion of a league team seems really rad. Maybe a separate User group or forum category "Pro tips" or something along those lines to discuss tactics, spawn trap positions, load outs, etc...? Or hell, just a poll of who would like to play that type of game, learn to play a very structured dominating game, etc so you know who to send invites to when that is what you want to play.
I can't say I'd want to play that way all the time 'cause some nights i just want to run around with a crossbow, knife, RPG whatever and have some laughs and play. However there definitely some nights i would love to join you and play your style...anchor down, put the try hard competitive pants on and just kick the shit out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm

This is b.s. This sounds more like I don't want to play with players that are not as good as me. It's just being sugar coated.

I could care less what your K/D is. I care about captures and defends.

If someone is over 30 years old and is concerned about K/D. I question their mental state.

You can't take your K/D to the bank and get a loan on it.

This obsession with K/D is a disease to the COD community.

It promotes a non obj playing style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Whoa there Nely. Smile I can see an it being advantagous to have a team that plays a certain way and has a certain KD IF you are playing competitively for a league or GB Team. But like mentioned before it could cause a Riff between teammates if people only wanted to play with people that had a certain KD. Feelings could get hurt and relationships could go bad. I play to have fun and win.

I'll play with everyone. My KD is .85 on Xbox and 1.15 on PS3 but like I said I die for the flag if I have to even if it ends my scorestreak.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:57 pm

League play is a good idea, another thing you could do is get 3 other guys and start a fragged nation or game battles team. Its always 4 vs 4 and you can join objective based or kill based ladders. You play other people who are just as competitive as you are. Then when your just wanting to chill on the xbox you can run with us players who are not as good.

Also I have played many games where our entire team went negative and we still won the game. K/D is a factor but it is not the most important factor. I actually think Score per minute is very telling of the skill of a player.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:02 pm

We did used to have a forum/thread for a Game Battles group. Perhaps that would work for these beast players? However I don't think a separate roster would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm the exact opposite. When I play Dom solo my K/D goes in the toilet. I'm so used to playing with 30 members who know how to play with strategy and not treat it like TDM. Kills go up dramatically with 30 members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Capt....funny shit. "i can't hear a thing, theres 9million people talking about bacon and dicks"...laughed soda up my nose. it still stings.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:44 pm

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
DeathByAK wrote:

I disagree. In every game type you and your teammates k/d is important and here is why:
All game modes- if your team is dying too much you are giving them higher kill streak rewards
Domination- you can't cap flags if they keep killing you every time you get there
Demolition- dead guys can't plant or defuse bombs
Capture the Flag- if you don't have teammates covering you, most likely you won't make it back to score
Headquarters- you need to kill them before they capture it, once you have you need to kill them to gain points
Search and Destroy- name kinda tells the story

Here is my argument in a nutshell- If you weren't SUPPOSED to get kills, they wouldn't give you guns, just lock-on rockets to shoot shit down...

Also- I could take a lobby of 30s all with negative k/ds and have every one of them finish a game with a 2+ k/d in TDM if everyone listened to me. Trust me, it's a lot of fun controlling Lodestars and VTOL Warships

Ok, this is where I go from being an impartial spectator to disagreeing with you. Obviously you're points above are well taken, however I'll say that if you're really truly playing the objective your kd will suffer.

I'd rather go 7/14 with 6 caps and 7 defends than to go 9/4 with 2 caps and 0 defends. Who's helping the tem more? One scenario has a kd of 0.5 - the other has a kd of 2.5.

Scenario 1:
I give them 1400 pts from my 14 deaths.
I get 700 pts from my kills, 900 pts for my caps (assuming 2 were my spawn caps), 875 pts from my defends - for a net of 1,075 pts in favor of my team.

Scenario 2:
I give them 400 points for my deaths.
I get 900 pts for my kills, and 100 pts for my two spawn caps - for a net of 600 pts in favor of my team.

Scenario 1 kd = 0.5
Scenario 2 kd = 2.5

By your logic, the player in scenario 2 would be more desirable for your elite group. Again, I'd reconsider using kd as your decision metric if you plan to play obj based games.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 pm

I would rather game with holi, barney ,para, or the rest I game with than A 2.0 k/d r guy'
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 pm

what can i say - this has been attempted by a handful in the past and every single time its brought divide to the clan

let me respond for everyone else from here on out

Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Meh-4510
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)   Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposing an Elite 30 Group (1.5+ k/d)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next