Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Sniping awesomness

Go down 
+2
GGz ST34LTHY
Sr Slampiece
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm still pissed they didn't use a single one of my clips but whatever, Rolling Eyes still pretty good.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:53 pm

They will be keeping your clips for the big montage at the end of season Slam Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm

I've always been a sucker for real game sniping montages...not trick shots, bc that's just dudes not giving two shits about the gameplay & just looking for clips. These were nice as they only had 1 360 trick-shot - the rest were legit in game moments.

I have a lot of respect for guys who can run around with a sniper the whole game and do well with them - it's not nearly as easy as these vids make it look.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm

That teamtage was awesome. I have found myself following more snipers on youtube lately. The editing in their montages are great plus I have a lot more respect for their "aggressive sniping". I have started using those deathsticks a little more in BLOPS2 and those guys make that shit look way too easy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 pm

So what is the ultimate sniping/quick scoping class setup? For the first time in a game I've been using more than a select few guns. I have more kills in BO2 with the R870 then all other shot guns in all other CoDs combined lol. So I think I might try my hand at some in game sniping.

So what's THE class?
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

THE class? Good question, it isn't as clear cut as it was in the past with quickdraw/steady aim. The quickest to scope in is the Ballista but not always a 1 shot kill. The perks I have seen that are most common are Toughness and Dexterity. Personally I use a SMG as a primary w/ a DSR 2nd w/ ballistic CPU , Hardline, Fast Hands & Dexterity, tac insert and C4. I use the sniper as a situational weapon because I am not near good enough to commit to it. Plus I change classes at least 4-6 times a game depending on what is going on
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 pm

OOOOO iron sigh ballista with CPU glitch!! That's a ban-able offense! haha

But seriously... talent is talent. You have to give it to 'em. I'm getting there haha.. maybe in a few more years.

And the "standard" QS loadout seems to be...

-Ballista with CPU and either FMJ or Variable (if you prefer the lower initial zoom magnification)
-Lightweight
-Toughness (super important b/c snipers flinch like crazy and your shot will go off corse horribly mid impact)
-Dexterity (though you still have to come to a complete stop as in previous CODs)

I run the above with a five-seven or run a SMG primary so you don't have the sniper "outfit" and people don't initially think you're a sniper.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:17 pm

I suck at quick-scoping - unless it's very close quarters.

In blops1 I spent a LOT of time with the L96A1 & got pretty damn good with it (would go positive k/d in most games).

This game doesn't have the obvious choice for me the way the L96 was, so I go back & forth between the dsr & the ballista - I only like using the bolt action rifles.

I run a very similar clas to what Gun laid out above - exct I don't worry about the "outfit" as much as Gun does, but we all know he's a pretty-boy. farao
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm

DeathByAK wrote:
I run a very similar clas to what Gun laid out above - exct I don't worry about the "outfit" as much as Gun does, but we all know he's a pretty-boy. farao

Clothes make the sniper AK! I do dress to kill... ooooo i said it! haha

Here's a solid tutorial vid. Drift0r's tutorial is solid but i think this guy does a better job explaining the proper way to quickscope and dragscope and shows how important "left of center" aiming is because of the scope animation. (try it... helped me tons!) Hits on all the points... anticipation, timing the scope, left aim, stoping b/f shooting etc.

Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Well, I unlocked the Ballista for the first time ever. The very first game I had an awesome two piece final killcam. Was I recording? Of corse not! Good thing theater mode records killcams. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Haha nice Slam! Double double killcam lol

I just ran 3 matched solo with my QS class in tdm and holy shit was it easy! Went 10-5 on one and the lowest I was still at a 1.3. Its so connection dependant that its silly easy with a good connection haha. I'll have to stop using my iron sight ballista and start QS'ing again when we get solid connections. Had a few kids talk trash at me the "quick scoping little kid" between matches lol.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I was playing with captaincrumpler so he can vouch for me. After the double snipe I think I was trash talked too but it was in Spanish so who knows.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:31 pm

I know HOW to QS, but knowing how & being good at it are 2 diff things! Ha!

Now I'm in the mood to snipe! Lol

I'm seriously considering taking my Xbox with me on a 3 day business trip - I have serious addiction issues!!

drunken
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm

That made me laugh AK. I don't know what is worse, 3 day business trip sitting at the bar every night or CoD marathon sessions well past last call Smile

During our last FNG we had a QS match. This lucky ass shot made me want to try it more often. Kind of like golf. That 1 great shot out of the 100+ fails that day keeps bringing me back.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Quality double Nuke!
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks. Lag spike + blind luck = clip Smile
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

I've only had ONE QS kill ever, on a FNG night. I wish I could be that good of a sniper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
Sponsored content

Sniping awesomness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniping awesomness   Sniping awesomness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniping awesomness
Page 1 of 1