Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement

Go down 
+8
Dirty Koi
gk daddio 65
brninitdwn
TheCanisDirus
pariah_81
Sr Slampiece
TydenWolf
HcMaximus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TydenWolf

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:17 am

Hey just found this for those who are looking to get it

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/halo-4/91448

GameStop has it new for $39.99 and you can pick it up in the store so no waiting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

i picked my copy up today at lunch - thanks tyden, i just checked all the major chains online yesterday and GS had it full price
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
i picked my copy up today at lunch - thanks tyden, i just checked all the major chains online yesterday and GS had it full price

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Noob1n10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Ok fuckers - i'm going to get my copy now.

Damn you all to hell!
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Jay: Got your text that said "Let the jumping begin!" before i got the pic of the halo box and i was like WTF is he talking about!? hahaha Told Greg (GKDaddio) and he shared my expression of "da'fuck?" haha!

Yup.. now's your turn Slam and AK... pick it up and get on! I'll be on in like 30 mins until 8pm tonight! Then on all weekend. FNG Halo 4!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm so glad a few of you are picking this up and I really am hoping yall like it.

Talked to Brennan last night for a few minutes even though we couldn't play together since he didn't have space of the the install but I was really glad to hear he got the game and he and his son spent some time doing the campaign.

Halo is good for that too guys.....co-op campaign. Four player co-op campaign!!!!

I had fun playing solo and all but it isn't the same. Looking forward to having at least one other person to play some Halo with......multiplayer, campaign......whatever.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Okra... let's get some 4 player campaign goin' this weekend man! For now i'm hopping on Halo in a min... see ya there!
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:59 pm

the one thing that drove me away from halo was the amount of shots it takes to kill someone. I can't tell you how many time i didn't get that last bullet in for the kill which annoyed the crap out of me. i'm sure that won't change, i just hope they have more objective based games
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

KOI: Yeah i think that longer gun battles are part of the draw and unfortunately part of the dislike with some people. I personally really really enjoy it because its more strategic knowing everyone has shields and how they operate and "pop" and different strategies you have of taking them down and then finishing them etc.

And as far as objective type games... boy there are like double what COD offers lol. You have just about everything COD has plus other insanely fun ones like OddBall, GriffBall, Flood, and Regicide! You'll def like it! Just ask AK, Brennan and Okra... we just played a few games and everyone was loving it!!!
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 pm

I would have to agree with Koi , the number of shots for a kill is frustrating especially for someone coming from COD, but everything else is enjoyable and will out way the number of shits for kills. Graphics , maps, game modes, smoothness and zero connection issues has won me over. I may not become a halo junkie but nice to have a legitament FPS to play that i enjoy.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 am

I think the time to kill will just take some getting used to. CoD enemies go down quick, and much faster than any of the other games I have been playing lately. Now, headshots put guys down immediately and made them a premium. I think the more you play outside of CoD you start to realize that these games don't really take too long to kill, rather CoD kills extremely fast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 am

Nuke's right on. COD's twitch shooter qualities have sorta "dumbed down" our aim and the way gun battles happen over the last few years. We've gotten used to (for better or worse) the first bullet or three to hit someones body killing them... and they've slowly taken headshot multipliers out negating the need or relevancy of aiming precisely. In COD it's he who squeezes trigger first wins... or recently... he who's ping is lower wins and host is lag comped to hell haha.

Halo (i'm slowly relearning) requires so much thinking. Round a corner and see a guy, he doesnt see you and you get 4 body shots off and see his shields pop... he realizes what's going on and focuses on you, brings out a power weapon you didn't see he had and fires off a damn rocket at your doorway almost killing you... you rush out on his reload and switch to your pistol knowing with shields down you need only one bullet in his head, regardless of weapon, to kill him... and boom! haha
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

Well - i have to say - the subject line of this thread is exactly how i feel.

I'm hooked man! I can't tell you the last time i had that much fun playing a shooter.

After our little party broke up, I got on again later. Okra was playing BF3 so I just played some Big TDM (or whatever they call it) and had a f-ing blast!

It does take a LONG time to kill, but you get used to it very quickly. I would say that I played about another hour by myself and actually started to climb the leaderboards pretty quickly. It's just a matter of trying the different weapons and accessories (Jetpack = GREATNESS!).

My favorite loadout right now:
Battle Riffle (I think - the smg type one)
Pistol secondary (don't know the name)
Jetpack
Mobility (gives you unlimited sprint)

Talk about a run & gunners dream. Dude, I was flying all over the map with huge jumps with the jetpack. Running straight at a guy, jumping up & hitting the jetpack - flying over his head and landing behind him - the whole time pumping him with lead (or lasers or whatever...lol).

I have to say, I caught the bug for this game quickly. I will be putting a LOT of time into this game as I really want to learn the weapons, and my competitive side really wants to get good at this game.

I haven't felt this way since the day after I played CoD4 for the first time.

BO2 - I would (and prob still will) play a lot just to level up, but it felt like a grind. H4 - I'm chomping at the bit to get on & play again. That, in itself, tells me all I need to know.

**another huge perk for me that won't apply to many of you: this is a game i don't care if my kids (boys 8 & 5) watch. I won't let them watch CoD b/c it's a little too "real" - they were watching me last night loving it...of course they kept calling it Transformers...lol - but it's just enough cartoonish that they KNOW there's nothing real about it - my 8 yr old is already hitting me up to play! lol**
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 am

It is the Assault Rifle. The Battle Rifle is the three round burst that allows you to ADS.

Assault Rifle = rushers dream but no ADS with it......it is my fav so far too Death

Battle Rifle is great for the maps that seem to give more med-long range action.

About your boys, I agree. I remember back to when I first got back into gaming and picked up an xbox for my oldest son's 9th birthday (he actually bought it using all the money he had saved plus birthday money) and the game he wanted more than anything was Halo which was fine with me.

It is OBVIOUSLY a fantasy game.......even to a little kid. No blood. No, F-this and F-that during multiplayer from the narration. You'll get some cursing in the campaign but it is really light compared to CoD games. No blood and gore.......which I never thought added anything to CoD or any game really.

My boys loved forge. They'd spend hours upon hours building a map and then playing around on it using no gravity and all the crazy options.

Now they do CoD and Minecraft 90% of the time since they are 10 and 11.

Halo is awesome. It is just a good time to play even when you are going 8-15 during matches like I do a lot. Fun/funny shit happens all the time. I find myself laughing at how I got killed a lot of the time......dude just jumped halfway across map and smashed me with what....what the hell was that thing.....lol

I could run around with a Gravity Hammer singing "You can't touch this......hammertime".......for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

I did not get a chance to play yet, spent most of yesterday cleaning up a flooded basement, by the time the rug rats FINALLY went to bed I was already falling asleep on the couch.

Out of curiosity are you guys still using party chat or do you actually use game chat? From what I recall about the early Halo's you could hear the opposite team if you were nearby and not necessarily a kill / rage mic.

I'm glad a lot of you have broken out of the COD shell....and enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 am

Okra/AK: So stoked you guys are loving H4 as much as I am! I'm done with COD (save for Zombies) and i'm getting addicted to Halo again.

There are also so many armor specializations in addition to the normal 100 or so pieces of armor you unlock as you rank up. (think prestige levels in COD) At the end of a ranking "prestige" you get to chose a specilizatino armor unlock - a unique full body armor that comes with special perks. I know this is going to be my new obsession trying to unlock all of the armors lol. Heres an example

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Stalker

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Halo4-11

BD: They unfortunately got rid of "proximity chat". I loved the idea... and it was GREAT for taunting and trash talking as well as faking "oh shit he got my shields down" as he rushes in to find you sitting fine with a shotgun at his head lol.

Last edited by BlackDeath on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resized this MONSTROUS photo)
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

gawd dammit prox chat was the shit
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 pm

^^ gun - that's one of the things that has me so stoked - i had that much fun playing mainly with the DEFAULT classes.

It'll only get better once i learn the weapons & abilities like you mention above.

I'm going to watch a bunch of tips & tricks vids too - just like i did when i was learning how to play CoD. (i think there's a LOT more to learn in H4)

And yes - I'd like to get good at the soccer/bball game and with a little practice - i think we could start to dominate that shite!

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh yeah give it a little to rank up and start to use/know all the different standard and then power (map drop) weapons and perks... so much fun!

And yeah we could totally dominate in GriffBall with a little practice! Running "plays" and preset routes lol too awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Best thing about Griffball......

BALL SLAPPING SOME FOOL!!!!!

lmao

I can't wait to ball slap some 30's in FNG matches.

Death has a ball slap to the face comin!!!!!

bwahahahaha
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm

^^^ haha i wish the awesome announcer would go... "double kill... triple kill... BALL SLAPPED!" hahahahaha Love me some OddBall
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Now that We are starting halo, you all need to watch don't red vs. Blue. Some really good shit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^ haha i wish the awesome announcer would go... "double kill... triple kill... BALL SLAPPED!" hahahahaha Love me some OddBall

That is the thing I miss from Halo 3 (that is the one I played the most).

The announcer saying, "Beat Down".....you beat somebody down with a forearm.

Halo always had the best announcer guy. "Ball Slap" would be perfect in that guy's voice.

BF3 has some great multiplayer dialog too with the, "They have taken all positions!!!! What the Fuck are you going to do about it?!?!?"......lol every time they say that.

"Beat down!" has always been my favorite though......bring back the BEAT DOWN announcement.!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Dirty Koi wrote:
Now that We are starting halo, you all need to watch don't red vs. Blue. Some really good shit

Ha ha.

I remarked about Halo and the Sharks vs. Stingrays (red v. blue) in the game and not the Russians vs. US or the this army vs. that army.

Halo is like.....fuck it......one is blue and one is red......give em a mascot.......Red Sharks vs. Blue Stingrays. Love it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 pm

KOI: As an old school Halo nerd i MISS RvB! Even the new esisodes were AMAZING.. here's my fav. the "Tex" fight lol

Haha i'm a fan of the "killaminjaro!" announcement haha and "killtrocity!" ones! Oh he should go "OOoo TEA-BAGed" when you crouch over someone you just killed bah-hahaha!
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:56 pm

I have to admitt i was having a lot of fun with halo , never got a chance to get back on last night. When do u all normally play? Next 4 days i will be on late 1030 or so till about 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 4 = my new COD replacement   Halo 4 = my new COD replacement - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo 4 = my new COD replacement
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next