Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS3 or Xbox?

Go down 
+5
TheCanisDirus
GGz ST34LTHY
walldoggy
Winners
gk daddio 65
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dash_Eight

Dash_Eight

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:38 am

So got an email from the wife last week informing me that the 2 y/o decided to shove a bunch of toys in to the disk drive of "your" playstation. *Facepalm*

From what she said, she was able to remove the toys but unfortunately, the disk drive won't accept disks anymore, nor will it eject them. Bummer!

Now since this PS3 is a few years old anyways and runs insanely hot, I think its as good a time as any to replace it. But with what? Thats where you guys come in... new Xbox or new PS3?

I know that there are tons of pros and cons for each system, and since I still have 30 days left in this crap hole country called Afghanistan, I have plenty of time to think about my decision. The easy choice would be to just get a new PS3, for obvious reasons, ie, established friends list, bunch of games for it, ect. So I guess my real question for guys is this, is it worth it? Starting from scratch. Is the Xbox experience worth starting over? Aside from Netflix and Hulu, the only other purpose for the Playstaion is COD online. Is the online multi-player experience any better on the Xbox side? Is Xbox Live worth the 50 bucks a year (or whatever the price is now)? Thats pretty much what it boils down to I guess.

So what are ya'lls thoughts?

Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 am

Well I have both systems. So there is no fanboy advice here. With everything that I have seen going on with the PSN I have to say that the "free" PSN is not worth it because of the fact that you have all the problems with it. I think that the money you spend on Live is worth because the product is more reliable. I am not saying that it is perfect because it is far from it. There will be times that you will be in an Xbox live party and "BAM!" people are cycling in and out of the party and it can cause issues if you are in the middle of a match. As for the price of live you can get it cheaper than 50 bucks if you keep your eyes open. The problem with you switching systems is that you will need to buy all the games that you want. If you get another PS3 this is avoided. If you can swing it I would go for the plunge because of the reliability and I like the controller better but that's my opinion. If you make the choice welcome to the "DARK" side.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 am

So whats the connection to the De Havilland Dash 8? Pilot? If so consider me jealous. Ha ha, no seriously.
Don't know if you can but if so, why not just replace the drive or get a refurb unit since you
are kind of caught up in bad timing for the demise of your PS3 with new systems coming out. Personally I haven't ever played on PS3 so I can't compare it to the xbox but I am happy with the Xbox system/experience. No issues or problems with the system or serivce. Is the membership worth it for Xbox? not really but you dont have a choice if you want an online experience so pay I must.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 am

Entirely up to you I prefer xbox due to the party chat options basically. If you want to switch to xbox you can trade your old system and games to gamestop. They will take broken machines as long as security seals are in tact and it has not been taken apart. Of course at a reduced trade value. With your games though you could virtually change to xbox with no money or very little money out of pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:03 pm

However, with new systems coming out this year, does it make sense to pay for a full year of Xbox Live when you'll use maybe 9months of it (assuming you get a next gen system... if not, not a big deal then). PSN is free which is why I play on it. Wife won't go for paying to play. Plus it is a blu-ray player which is nice too.

I would say if you were previously satisfied with your PS3 experience, then you probably would want to stay with that as there are less replacement costs. However, if you were unhappy with PSN, or wanted to try something new, then sure try out the xbox. Note too that Xbox Live has it's own share of issues as I'm pretty sure it's not lag free. Look at the number of 30s that are dropping BO2 and going to Halo 4 because of lag issues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I have owned both systems. I can give you all the same reasons Tryden did but will save you from rehashing it. I traded my PS3 for the Xbox and don't miss it at all. The lag and getting kicked frequently during matches on the PS3, I do not miss. I may be one of the few, but I experience NO lag or connection issues with the Xbox. I am glad I switched.
Back to top Go down
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm

As someone who has played BO2 on both systems, i would have to say it does play better
on XBOX, however i`m currently playing BF3 on PS3 and apart from a couple of hard freezes ive had no probs.
I do have to say though when the next gen consoles come out i will be back on xbox, just dont want to spend money on new one at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:59 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Note too that Xbox Live has it's own share of issues as I'm pretty sure it's not lag free. Look at the number of 30s that are dropping BO2 and going to Halo 4 because of lag issues.
Xbox Live has been amazing all ~10 years i've been a member. BO2 lags non stop but it's not Live's fault... that's all 3Arch. Other games like Halo and BF3 (for the most part) are buttery smooth 99% of the time.

Having had a PS3 and 360 since launch and just recently selling my PS3... my vote goes for Xbox. The big exclusives that Sony has seem to be slowly leaving. Metal gear was my last big one and now that it's confirmed to be coming to Microsoft's next gen i'll pick it up to grab the next Halo.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

I would see if you can get the PS3 refurbished, or get a cheap refurbish...or sell/trade in the discs you have now and simply buy a downloadable version of the game, or games you have to have.

Then wait for the XBOX 720 reveal and see if that, or the PS4 what makes more sense.

The advantage on XBOX right now may be HALO, but that may change if Bungie spends their efforts/abilities on Destiny for PS3.

Back to top Go down
Dash_Eight

Dash_Eight

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:05 am

Thanks for all the info and insight everyone!

Still got a month before I get home, but as of now, I'll prolly just trade in the broke PS3 for credit towards a refurbished one. Might as well at least. With the new systems coming out in the near future, I'll go the cheap route for now.

Quote :
So whats the connection to the De Havilland Dash 8? Pilot?

Yup. Its what I drive out here in the sandbox, lol!
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 am

Dash_Eight wrote:
Thanks for all the info and insight everyone!

Still got a month before I get home, but as of now, I'll prolly just trade in the broke PS3 for credit towards a refurbished one. Might as well at least. With the new systems coming out in the near future, I'll go the cheap route for now.

Quote :
So whats the connection to the De Havilland Dash 8? Pilot?

Yup. Its what I drive out here in the sandbox, lol!

Nice Dash and yes officially jealous, not the sandbox part of it though. I still wish I could Afford my pilots license just got the bug to late in life to train for the majors. cheers
As far as PS3 I Think the cheapo way is the good way for now too until feedback comes out for both new systems.

Last edited by gk daddio 65 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 am

Hey I don't blame you for going with the cheap way out. Good luck when you get back and Thank you for your service to our country.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

I will tell you my experience. I switched from PS3 to xbox during MW3. I really enjoyed everyone on the ps3 side beyond a shadow of a doubt, but I was very very underwhelmed by the ps3 in general. I was very against the xbox live things for the same mentality that most everyone that is on ps3 says, "You have to pay for it" I honestly can tell you, you get what you pay for. The sales on movies (xbox movies also has movies that come out weeks-months earlier than release dates, I had the newest spiderman a month before it hit shelves) are insane. I just picked up all of the AC games except brotherhood and 3 for 10 bucks a piece, all downloadable. You get DLC much quicker than ps, and this is not just with COD, this is with other games as well. The online system they have in place is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than playstation. I have been completely happy with the out of system ability to see who is online, what is going on with my friends and everything.

As for the 30s, I was in groups immediately, and I was was/am one of the shy guys. The xbox crowd is a bunch of amazing guys that I would not trade back to ps3 side ever. Sorry PS3 guys. It is intimidating to take the plunge, but I am glad I did.

Oh, and a refurbished ps3 is going to cost you probably around the same amount for a used xbox. On top of that, the xbox can be repurposed MUCH easier than a ps3 for when the new consoles come out later this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 or Xbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 or Xbox?   PS3 or Xbox? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 or Xbox?
Page 1 of 1