Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Ps4 to xbox1 convert
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
    Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
    Google Ads

Imagine COD with characters like this...

Go down 
    +2
    evandadda
    SouthPawDraw
    6 posters
    AuthorMessage
    SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Imagine COD with characters like this... Empty
    PostSubject: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Hope this is real. Check out this Activision R&D video (video and description below). Can you imagine COD (or other FPS games) with characters like this? Too realistic? Just a matter of time?

"This animated character is being rendered in real-time on current video card hardware, using standard bone animation. The rendering techniques, as well as the animation pipeline are being presented at GDC 2013, "Next Generation Character Rendering" on March 27.
    The original high resolution data was acquired from Light Stage Facial Scanning and Performance Capture by USC Institute for Creative Technologies, then converted to a 70 bones rig, while preserving the high frequency detail in diffuse, normal and displacement composite maps.
    It is being rendered in a DirectX11 environment, using advanced techniques to faithfully represent the character's skin and eyes.

Note: Yes, this is the same source data from ICT used by Nvidia at GTC, but rendered using a completely different tech."

Back to top Go down
    evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:19 pm

freaky but cool
    Back to top Go down
    Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:21 pm

I saw something similar today about the same thing. I'd say very possible!
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
    SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:41 pm

I guess my question is how do you feel about FPS game play with character's this realisitc? At a time when many say the violence in VideoGames is too realistic/disturbing...what would be said if you're in a game knifing/shooting characters that look and express themselves this realistically?
    Back to top Go down
    evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 pm

i don't know if I see faces up close in COD that often for it to make an impact
    Back to top Go down
    bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Definitely freaky, its not going to be long before you won't be able to tell what is fake and what is real. It might not effect those of us at our age, but your kids??? We grew up with games like super mario bros and cartoon type violence. This would be like letting kids watch horror movies, or faces of death every day. How about a real combat video?

I think so far video games have been low enough resolution to clearly be identified as fantasy, but there could come a day when the face of your character might be your own. And your friends could have fun killing you all day....what do you do when you meet face-to-face? I sure hope they have a firm grip on reality...and don't pull out the real gun for a little fun.

I'd hate to think that this kind of stuff leads to the Adam Lanza's of the world.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Oh, it's real alright! But don't get too excited... this is just PC tech demo.

Here's a good article on it.

Theres a longer article on the net (cant find it grrrr) that goes into more detail about this "engine" work and how we're not going to see faces or characters with this level of animation and detail for many many many years. (unless we simply get heads or torso's like this lol) There is (i THINK don't quote me) something like multiple terabytes worth of data in that one model alone! And they still can't get hair to look right (Sorry Nvidia you work with TR is good, but not that good) that's why all renderings they've done are mostly hairless.

Most def cool and jaw dropping... i think we'll see this in movies years before games... this stuff looks better than most CG! haha
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Thats a little too realistic for me. Exciting to see what the future holds, especially for us that started our gaming lives in the early 80's with Super Mario Bros.
    Back to top Go down
    birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Watching this, two people come to mind. Those that have been around for a year or so, will know who I'm talking about. But I'm picturing Lilrif and/or Slypeeler.

Show me what it looks like when someone sneaks up behind him a gets that head shot for a pistol. Not to be a sicko, but some dude smiling doesn't put it in perspective.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine COD with characters like this...   Imagine COD with characters like this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imagine COD with characters like this...
    Page 1 of 1