Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Empty
PostSubject: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:51 am

Why does it seem like the lag comp goes to total crap(its bad enough as is) every time there is an update? Either a playlist(end of double xp) or a game update the lag comp gets all screwy for several days. The last two nights have been unbearable to the point where you just have to quit. Its one thing to have a bad one once in a while, but its almost EVERY DAMN GAME!

I'm no pro player, but even I can tell there is a difference. And its starting to be more than a coincidence that it happens immediately following updates, and by the end of the week it'll be back to normal(moderately suckky by comparison).

Almost every game I played tonite with two or three exceptions was horrible(last night was worse). There was typically one to three people who were untouchable on the other team, and sometimes more. And I was showing a 4 bar....that NEVER happens. I'm almost always at 3 bar so I know something is wrong right there. If the game "thinks" I'm 4 bar, but I'm really 2 or 3 bar, then "Houston...we have a problem"

But I had to play some solo for the last hour, so I jumped into TD. I played about 4 games and in every one, ONE player was about 45-4 while my whole team was barely into double digits. Until the last game where I got to be chosen as the god, and topped the leaderboard running a KAP-40 only class. scratch On that last game I just didn't give a shit anymore, so I decided to be as asshat with a KAP-40. Game after game of struggling to stay above a 1.0 KD THAT game felt easy, and everyone else on the other team was slow...or at least that's how it seemed to me. But they probably weren't, it was just the lag comp.

Now what the hell happened between matches? And why does already screwy lag comp get worse after a playlist update?

Its almost like it take a couple of days for the servers to adapt and start scoring the ping correctly for the players. Because it seems like its lag comping people who don't need it, and isn't doing it for those who do.

I do NOT want to ALWAYS make lag comp the scapegoat for losing matches or going negative. But I do want to know if anybody else has happened to notice this trend. Just wait, by the end of the week we'll all be back to the normal crap we're used to and this will be another short nightmare that we'll forget about....until the next update.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:46 pm

I talked to activision a while back and asked them why sometimes you go beast mode in one round, then the next round you can kill the people you just beasted on. They basically insinuated that it handicaps people with a good connection to give the people who have bad connections a chance and keep them playing. And they hinted that there's tons of lag switchers out there and they just simply don't have the man power to catch all of them so they just don't bother. That's cod. Accept the bad with the good:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Cant*
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Well been like this for me since the double xp weekend. To the point I am not having fun most of the time. I am not the best player by any means but I usually don't have a problem atleast going positive. I can barely do that lately. It seems to be this way for a week or 2 then play fine and when they do another playlist update it goes to shit again. Also even finding a match is a struggle at times. Then people in the party ask you to put search settings to normal instead of best and when you do that you get matched with UK, Jamaica, and Mexico. Wtf is that, Might be time to play some Blops 1 again or just stay in combat training and avoid the frustration all together.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:32 pm

The Jamaicans are funny to play with....the Chileans on the other hand....ooof. They just sound mean
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:58 pm

I swear they are tinkering with things behind the scenes and don't go public with it. And they use the updates as a way to slip it in without people noticing right away(to avoid placebo effect). I've started watching the Version # in the upper right hand corner and seeing when it changes. There was another new one today(different than last night)...and although I only played a few matches most of the matches where well balanced. I guess we'll see if its any better this evening.

If they would make a statement in an update about changes to lag comp and some people who'd become used to the lag comp in their favor would squeal to high heaven, while others would think they'd fixed the problem. So I don't think they will EVER tell us they are doing anything with it....if they are.

It just baffles me how a simple playlist update would change how the game plays. It doesn't make logical sense. Maybe its pro-player scrimmage week and I just don't know how slow I really am.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates   Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somebody please explain this lag comp BS following any updates
Page 1 of 1