Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox One vs. PS4

Go down 
+13
Maverick9227
TydenWolf
Dog_soildier
coxey70
alX Newfie Xla
ArcaniX
bluehound000
NukeLaCoog
Dubious Baller
ImGoodIfYouSuck
xXx MiGs xXx
GGz ST34LTHY
TheCanisDirus
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which next gen will you buy?
Xbox One
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap31%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
PS4
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap38%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Wii U
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap0%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap4%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
More than one
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap4%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Bacon
Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_lcap23%Xbox One vs. PS4 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:28 am

XBOX ONE vs PS4

Xbox One vs. PS4 Judge10

Both consoles have been revealed and across the internet and media outlets it appears the consumer/gamer is not buying what M$ is selling. The vasy majority of people seem to be favoring the PS4 now.

With focusing more on the "living room" vs. core gamers has M$ made a mistake? Their exclusives might not be enough to sway people now. Price will also be interesting as the One would seem to cost more than the PS4.

I'm now undecided after comparing the two systems in terms of used games, DRM, forced always connected Kinect (fucking 1080p camera that is always looking and recording your living room haha hmmm idk) etc. I was initially impressed with the One... until i realized i was really more concerned with games than TV integration and stuff i'll likely never really use. If i can get a PS4 for $100 less or the same without all the restrictions... i wonder what i'll choose.

What do you guys think? How do you feel about M$'s conference and decision to focus more on a real "home entertainment system" vs. game console?

Here is what some of the large game sites are recording....

Kotaku: Xbox One reveal poll. From 1-10 (bad to good) how do you feel the One reveal went?

Xbox One vs. PS4 Confer10

Kotaku: Which next gen console will you buy?

Xbox One vs. PS4 Consol10
Back to top Go down
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:37 am

Tsk Tsk another poll without BOOBS No

I vote Bacon as i`m undecided at moment.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:47 am

Same here man... I'm f'n torn now. (i chose more than one as i also have a Wii U) I honestly just need something to play next gen games. The kinect and PS4 eye... i could care less about. Motion is the new 3D fad that will fade similarly.

I'm really just waiting for E3 and all of these exclusives to be shown. If the new games for Xbox are really that good... ill go for the One. If not... i'll be switching to Sony this generation.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:03 am

Xbox One hands down - i think a lot of people are latching onto the "OMG ITS A TV BOX, I WANT MA VIDEO GAMES NOT A TV BOX" - It is still a gaming console with some "extra" cool entertainment features is the way I'm seeing it. Guess we will know for sure when Q1 earnings are reported
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

Oh, I think people realize it's "additional" functionality... but most are saying "we didn't ask for it and we don't want to pay for it. Give us a box that just plays the new games.". The assumption is that this will be more than the PS4 - but who knows yet.

I'm the biggest Xbox fanboi... yet i wish i could be so certain this generation.

Power wise the PS4 is the winner again, but everything will play/look almost identical im sure. Xbox will supposedly have a bunch of exclusives (15!!) to finally compete with Sony's larger library. Could be a deciding factor with 8 brand new IPs.

Another agrument people are makinging against the One is that M$ is trying to kill the used game market allowing for the sale of "used" games on via an official online transfer of codes that will cost the same as a full retail copy. The physical ownership will mean nothing.

Indy developers are no longer able to self-publish their arcade games and will have to seek out M$ and other houses for that role... possibly ruining the currently exciting market.

and...

-The TV abilities are US only
-Not backwards compatible with 360 games nor is it compatible with all your old arcade games
-The One must check in via the internet once a day in order to funciton (push its DRM and drop off its data mining)
-Kinect must be physically pluged in and operational for the One to function... so you'll have a 1080p video camera and live microphone always-on in your livingroom even when the system is "off"...because you can turn it on with your voice or motion. Hmmm idk about that.
-Good bye gamefly and redbox... can't rent games anylonger unless M$ comes up with some system to make more $ via Live.

I want to love it and get it day one... but i'm now leaning a little closer to the PS4 :/
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:46 am

I think the "grab and throw" thing is pretty cool but I definitely don't like the idea of it being On all the time. If I get it, which at this point I haven't made a decision, I will likely have it plugged-in to a wall outlet that is connected to a switch so I can conveniently cut the power when I'm not using it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:52 am

^^^Yeah it's just kinda of extreme. Like fuck off already i just wanna play some CoD and Halo... i don't need to do a peace sign at the TV to launch Twitter or some shit.

I found this... pretty funny lol
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:28 pm

I have never owned a PS so it is hard for me to make a real comparison based on current and past performance. I do use my xbox for more than just gaming so I do like all the extras. In fact I dont play any games other than COD. I think most people will be like me and stay with thier current console manufacturer. Unless Xbox really fell behind in some area I care about I will probably always be an Xboxer and I think for the most part PSers would feel the same.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Both reveals were underwhelming to me and left more questions than answers. I suppose that is good in some respect because it keeps people talking. After looking at both of them again, I am not so sure I am enticed to buy one at launch. That can change over time, but I am not looking for places to pre-order anything.

Since XB1 was yesterday I will focus on that.

It is a really cool TV box. It gives me more options in the way I consume TV & related content. Then again, I have a TV and I have a computer that functions as a "media center" (thank you guys for the head's up on XBMC), why do I need that on my gaming console? I have talked to a few people who do not play games and they think it is the greatest thing ever. From their perspective I understand completely and I agree.

I have questions on how this thing will function. Is it plugged directly into your cable box? Does it work with satellite or even over the air signal for those who have cut ties with cable? How much will my cable provider charge me for this integration (you know this isn't going to be free since it will render those $10-$20/mo HD DVR's useless)? Are there cable provider restrictions? (This is only available to the US so far and do I have to be a Comcast or Verizon subscriber as well?) The vision is cool, I am looking forward to hearing about how this thing will actually function.

Oh this plays games too? Cool let's see what that looks like. Uhhhh....well....we get the TV treatment so we can look at pre-rendered cut scenes. No actual game play...hmmm. Thanks? I have no doubt that the games are going to be a huge advance from current gen games. Thankfully Sony gave us a look at what similar hardware can do with a variety of game play.

I am intrigued by the cloud technology and I am curious about the DVR capability that was briefly mentioned. 15 exclusive games in year 1 is cool and 8 new IP is cool too. The EA "exclusives" are interesting but I am willing to guarantee that it is exclusive only in nature of specific features or modes (FIFA Untimate Team) for the XB1. I can't see EA cutting PS4 & PC from their giant revenue stream. Remember, Destiny announced exclusive content for the PS4 but it will be sold on XB1 as well (probably with their own exclusive content).

I do not like the Kinect feature....well I don't dislike it, I just have zero use for it. I just don't like that it has to always be on for the thing to work. I have no desire to go all Duck Hunt on shooter games and I am not going to be doing any living room fighting for Assassins Creed and I damn sure ain't pulling a Minority Report and flipping screens with my hands in the air. Not to go all Alex Jones on ya but I don't like the thought of having a camera and a microphone in my living room, always on, connected to the internet. The DRM is a pain in the butt because I like to rent games before I buy them and I like to buy used games cheaper. If they can let me demo games and drop the price for digital purchases and have the equivalent of Steam sales, I think I might be open to it.

I was underwhelmed with this reveal because I was expecting more and I wanted more on the gaming side of it. Television innovation = cool, gaming innovation = didn't see enough to tell. The PS4 reveal was underwhelming for a different reason but at least it was centered around games and innovation (to be fair, they had a LOT of room to improve on with their technology, their controller and their developer relationships). But, they left a lot of stuff up in the air and created a lot of questions.

Both of these consoles are going to be great and the gap has narrowed significantly from a quality perspective. But, I don't see many PS3 people vowing to switch to XB1 and I don't see many XBOX360 people vowing to switch to PS4. At this point, there just isn't enough detailed information to really tell. I hope the dust starts to clear a little after E3, but I am going to lower my expectations and assume that there will be no true leader for a long time.

If you have read this far then I reward/punish you with this.....

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:00 pm

I haven't seen any game changer that would make me switch from xbox to PS. My question would be how many are going to immediately upgrade?
All the TV and other media aspects of either console means nothing to me, since I wouldn't be able to use hardly any of it. I don't have the bandwidth to stream anything, and since I live 25 miles from the nearest town its Dish Network for my TV.

For me the console is all about the games, and no backwards compatibility really sucks. I'd have to keep the 360 hooked up anyhow for older games.

How's this going to work for COD Ghosts? Are they going to have a 360 and One separate multiplayer? I wasn't playing multiplayer when the 360 came out, could the original xbox and xbox 360 play together on multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:35 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
I do not like the Kinect feature....well I don't dislike it, I just have zero use for it. I just don't like that it has to always be on for the thing to work.

Oh... but you see, the Kinect in XBox One isn't just for you...

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-patent-uses-kinect-and-mobile-cameras-to-count-people-in-your-living-room-2012-11

I see a piece of paper taped over the camera of my xbox in the next generation...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:38 pm

bluehound000 wrote:
could the original xbox and xbox 360 play together on multiplayer?

Considering the XBox One won't even play XBox 360 games, I highly doubt there'll be cross-compatibility...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/xbox-one-not-always-on-not-backwards-compatible/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
alX Newfie Xla

alX Newfie Xla

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm

i think i will wait for E3 befor i start thinking about what one i will get
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm

That's what i'm doing. I feel that content is going to be more important this generation (well that and M$s restrictions). Hopefully this huge group of exclusives is going to be enough to persuade me to stay with Xbox. Butttt; exclusive Destiny content on PS4... that's tempthing too!
Back to top Go down
coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm considering going back to PC gaming why can't they just make a GAMES system and put all the extra effort and money saved into better components. My thoughts on the 2 systems the xbox might run better having Windows behind it the PS4 games are a sort of port and never run the same are we going to see game servers in COD Ghosts?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:34 pm

^^^Agreed on making a GAME system. For god's sake... half the fucking TVs (more and more companies adopting this soon... look at Samsung) already use a graphical overlay and motion control for the same things... and you'll still need a cable box to use it... bad move. Save the $$ and development costs and give me better graphics and more advanced AI and more players in multiplayer.

This generation you wont see any of that port to Playstation business as they both are now x86 based processors... and nearly identical... and easy to program for. If anything we'll now see a slight graphical go back to Sony with it's faster processor, graphics focused ram and less background programs/processes (presumably with all the M$ snap, split and instant stuff).
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:58 pm

coxey70 wrote:
I'm considering going back to PC gaming why can't they just make a GAMES system and put all the extra effort and money saved into better components. My thoughts on the 2 systems the xbox might run better having Windows behind it the PS4 games are a sort of port and never run the same are we going to see game servers in COD Ghosts?

Istill have a gaming rig Have you played mw3 or blops 2 on pc hell blops 2 is always worse than ps3 so it must be cod !one of the only game I have trouble with on pc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:01 pm

coxey70 wrote:
are we going to see game servers in COD Ghosts?

answer will be hell no you are not !
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:12 pm

The only thing that has stopped me from get a xbox 360 in the past was the having to pay to play online now I have a lot more ammo !
3 ps3 in the house 1 original xbox in the attic !

So will be a ps4 for me !
Back to top Go down
coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm

They say nearly half the content sold or watched on the 360 is film based thats why they made xboxone more of a entertainment system older games like us just don't want that we have Sky HD to watch TV through mine as 2 TB of space too balls to the "cloud" I just wanted a really kick ass GAMES system that was on par with a really good PC in terms of graphics even competing against PC gamers on the same servers with the option to use a mouse and keyboard to kick ass. I'd pay £800 for a console if it did this the only way I'll be buying a console is if my friends get one thats all it boils down to now I'm not inspired in any other way.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm

I for one am not getting an Xbox which kinda sad about but they can go F*CK themselves if they think I am going to let anything into my home that does not turn off. The Kinect is ALWAYS on and the mic is ALWAYS listening. As for installing games and the disks not being able to be passed on is stupid I have a kid that likes to play so now I have to pay extra just to get him the ability to play a game that I am not playing at the time because I am gaming with some friends online and using my system. And now that I can not use my 300 dollar headset is the straw that broke the camel's back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Also keep in mind that this system is not 100% ready for release. This was a chance to get consumer feed back. They are getting it. They will make changes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:28 am

^^^ Saddly, i doubt it.

M$ has positioned themselves as an entertainment system that also plays games. They left the audience who put them on top - core gamers. From the very first Xbox Bill Gates said the ultimate goal was to get into the living room and provide a "computer" entertainment system.

The media and rumors have been saying this for the last year. And now i finally starting to believe them. I'll still wait for E3 and the games to decide.

And in regards to changing... It's too late in the game to change as these things are about to (if not already) entering mass production.

Peter Molyneux (of the Fable series and Ex. Creative Director of Microsoft Game Studios, Europe) has been saying some very interesting things about the One since the reveal... He said M$ should have focused the One on games and that they are no longer competing directly with Sony and have set their sights on Apple, Google and Samsung. He says that this next generation we will likely see Playstation sweep ahead with the core gamers... they have the passion and focus... and have tailored their system around who actually buys their product.

IGN's 90 minute Xbox One reveal podcast with Peter Molyneux:
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:08 am

more good info

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox One vs. PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox One vs. PS4   Xbox One vs. PS4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One vs. PS4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next