Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius

Go down 
+9
Severed Digits
SouthPawDraw
Doamne01
Jman
gk daddio 65
Dirty Koi
Spartan Runnerr
bluehound000
JRED_31
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JRED_31

JRED_31

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Empty
PostSubject: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Let me start by saying I was never much of a tv watcher growing up. Mostly just sports and such. I have a son and he just turned 2 and has discover tv and mostly cartoons. What The Fuck Is up with the cartoons these days. Holy shit who makes this shit crack heads. I can't follow a god damn thing. What happend to loony tunes and such.
Great I sound like my father. But seriously I need some LSD to watch this shit. Or I'm the idiot and can't figure this shit out and he's the genius for getting the point of the show.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm

I agree, I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice. I don't know if I like all these "learning" cartoons either, because the characters are always acting like they are talking to the child...and wait for a response. I don't really want my kid growing up thinking that he can talk to the characters on TV. I also don't want some idiot writer for a cartoon imposing their "values" on my kid.

That being said my boy gets a few toons that we set up to DVR, so we can turn them on any time he wants. Backyardigans, Bubble Guppies, Mike the Knight. I spent some time watching these channels this winter and about the only channel I will let him watch without supervision is Nick Jr, most of their toons are telling a story that you can follow. Its beyond his age, but he doesn't get the mindless insanity that many cartoons are today. My boy will NEVER know who spongebob is!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I complain to my wife about this all the time. I pretty much turn everything off my son tries to watch except superhero cartoons.
Spongebob is terrible but WHAT THE FUCK is "Adventure Time"....Have you all see that shit. #FUBullshitCartoon
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 pm

I hate cable tv with a passion, but unfortunately my wife has to have it. I only use Netflix when I let my daughter watch anything. They have added a bunch of old and new Disney videos, some stuff we grew up on. I also have Amazon prime, but Netflix seems to have a better selection, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:12 pm

How funny to see all you saying these things about the toons today. Being a few more years older then all of you, I have been saying these things since 1998 as my first daughter was born in 96. Some of the toons I could deal with, Rug Rats, ScoobyDoo and yes Looney Tunes for instance but many other s were crapp (Rin n Stimpy) and they have done nothing but gotten worse. Lots of stupidity and lack of actual humor. I also agree on all the shows that try to put there moral mind set (liberal agenda) have to stop. Even Sesame Street is develing deeper into this shit. Put the humor and nuttiness back and quit the bullshit u F'n networks.
Glad my girls are past all this but now its just dealing with all the show with pushing the sexual bounderies, I mean every show and movie seems to have some sort of intercoarse, oral sex or more in it just to have it. Ugh, sort of uncomfortable when ones daughters are in the room and you hate the thought of the word sex and daughter in the same sentence. Hands off my daughter jackass is more like it.
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:30 am

The absolute garbage that is ABC "Family" is amazing. I'm amazed at what constitutes "family" programing these days. And where did innocent humor go? The writers for prime time shows are so lazy and stupid its all raunchy humor. Its American Pie every night on TV now, but apparently its what folks want...that and "reality TV"....barf.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Jman

Jman

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 am

Agree, garbage. What ever happened to Scooby Do, Yogi Bear, UnderDog, etc. LOL
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:26 pm

bluehound000 wrote:
...Backyardigans, Bubble Guppies, Mike the Knight.  I spent some time watching these channels this winter and about the only channel I will let him watch without supervision is Nick Jr, most of their toons are telling a story that you can follow.  Its beyond his age, but he doesn't get the mindless insanity that many cartoons are today.  My boy will NEVER know who spongebob is!!

Looks as though we have the same ideas in what our children watch; those are the ones that we have on primarily. Unfortunately, one day your boy will be in school and will be told, in detail, who Spongebob is and, probably, Annoying Orange (if you haven't seen it, it's horrible.)
I made the mistake when my firstborn was younger of letting her watch Spongebob. As I watched with her I realized how incredibly stupid all of the characters were and that there was no redeeming value to it. It did give me an opportunity to explain to her that Spongebob and the others on that show are not what you want to grow up to be. That there is a time for acting goofy (most of the time) but there's never a time to be a moron.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Spartan Runnerr wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK is "Adventure Time"....Have you all see that shit. #FUBullshitCartoon

"Adventure Time" is a trip and I do wonder what it's doing to kids development/minds. Then again, I remember people complaining about all the violence in "Tom & Jerry" as we'll as the violence and political incorrectness in "Looney Toons"...and I think I (and a lot of us) turned out alright. My nephews and nieces grew up loving "Sponge Bob" and they are now way more together than I was at their age. Thankfully they have good parents. Either way I would hope eventually reality crashes in and the kids will take these shows for what they are...entertainment.

Actually this topic just makes me miss "Ren & Stimpy"
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:55 pm

SouthPawDraw wrote:
Spartan Runnerr wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK is "Adventure Time"....Have you all see that shit. #FUBullshitCartoon

"Adventure Time" is a trip and I do wonder what it's doing to kids development/minds. Then again, I remember people complaining about all the violence in "Tom & Jerry" as we'll as the violence and political incorrectness in "Looney Toons"...and I think I (and a lot of us) turned out alright. My nephews and nieces grew up loving "Sponge Bob" and they are now way more together than I was at their age. Thankfully they have good parents. Either way I would hope eventually reality crashes in and the kids will take these shows for what they are...entertainment.

Actually this topic just makes me miss "Ren & Stimpy"

My daughter loves adventure time, and she hasn't killed anyone or devolved into a blithering idiot yet. The point isn't so much what they watch, but rather that they understand that what they watch is entertainment and not reality.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Severed Digits wrote:
SouthPawDraw wrote:
Spartan Runnerr wrote:

My daughter loves adventure time, and she hasn't killed anyone or devolved into a blithering idiot yet. The point isn't so much what they watch, but rather that they understand that what they watch is entertainment and not reality.

I do agree that it really doesn't matter, AS MUCH, what they watch as what they understand and are taking from these shows.
My first issue with cartoon, is on a art/creation/animation standpoint...remember all the actual animation that went into GI Joe, thundercats, Xmen... even girly cartoons like Rainbow bright, carebears, and strawberry shortcake...Animators and creators were artists and put effort into these shows. Adventure time is shit. that is, IMHO (or not so humble, whatever) , some cheap ass bullshit drawing and animation. My 7 year old draws like that. And i really don't understand the "indie hipster" crowd that loves that shit too.  mind=blown.
The honest truth (and real issue) is that kids can watch any cartoon as long as they have responsible involved parents that take the time to PARENT. Yes parent is a Verb. Just like Southpaw said "they have good responsible parents" that teach them.
The problem with our society is that People and too many parents are IRRESPONSIBLE and blame everyone else, schools, teachers, media, games, coaches for the problems their kids have ignoring that they ALL start at home.

Wow, that turned into a bit of a rant. so anyway...cartoons suck
Back to top Go down
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Scooby Doo
Flint stones
Popeye
Looney Tunes
Captain caveman
Rocky & Bullwinkle
The Jetsons

And friggin WOODY WOODPECKER!!

Those were the days...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:17 am

Thunder Cats, G.I. Joe, He-man, and Transformers Yo Joe!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
patrickracer79

patrickracer79

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 6

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 am

I do like Samurai Jack
Back to top Go down
http://bishopbryan.blogspot.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/pastorbryanjohns
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Josie and the Pussy Cats...Captain Caveman and the Teen Angles...for all the right reasons.

Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Cartoon-josie-and-the-pussycats

Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Captain-caveman2
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:18 am

Im with tydenwolf! He knocked it out of the park with those! As I type this im lying in bed with my son next to me in MY room but whats on the tv u ask not sports center not nfl network but despicable me for the 347 time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:46 am

Asztalos_ wrote:
Let me start by saying I was never much of a tv watcher growing up. Mostly just sports and such. I have a son and he just turned 2 and has discover tv and mostly cartoons. What The Fuck Is up with the cartoons these days. Holy shit who makes this shit crack heads. I can't follow a god damn thing. What happend to loony tunes and such.
Great I sound like my father. But seriously I need some LSD to watch this shit. Or I'm the idiot and can't figure this shit out and he's the genius for getting the point of the show.

I don't think they really get the whole point of it, shows and cartoons these days just have a lot of color,singing,dancing and anything that can get a kids attention. The storylines on a lot of theme are way over their heads.
My son just turned 3 and he's been into shows like The Fresh Beat Band, Yo Gabba Gabba, Spongebob, Dora. But recently he's started getting more into real shows and movies. He loves The Avengers movie, is a huge Iron Man and Hulk fan. I'm glad to see it too, his B day party is today and he wanted it Iron Man and Hulk themed but settled for Avengers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:16 pm

thewastedtruth wrote:
Asztalos_ wrote:

I don't think they really get the whole point of it, shows and cartoons these days just have a lot of color,singing,dancing and anything that can get a kids attention. The storylines on a lot of theme are way over their heads.
My son just turned 3 and he's been into shows like The Fresh Beat Band, Yo Gabba Gabba, Spongebob, Dora. But recently he's started getting more into real shows and movies. He loves The Avengers movie, is a huge Iron Man and Hulk fan. I'm glad to see it too, his B day party is today and he wanted it Iron Man and Hulk themed but settled for Avengers. Smile
Isn't Avengers also Iron Man and Hulk themed? If anything, you're getting bonus superheroes and there's nothing better than that. As far as bright colors and singing/dancing, my son has excellent rythem and my daughter is a great singer. Perhaps these things that capture their attention relate somehow to their innate abilities on an abstract scale. We don't see the things the same way because we are in a different stage of development, and we're different people. Point is: anything is bad if there is too much of it because we expand our horizons through exposure to diverse stimuli. Filling our crayola box with all the different colors of experience so that we earn as many skill points as possible. This is how we level up as humans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Severed Digits wrote:
thewastedtruth wrote:
Asztalos_ wrote:

Isn't Avengers also Iron Man and Hulk themed? If anything, you're getting bonus superheroes and there's nothing better than that. As far as bright colors and singing/dancing, my son has excellent rythem and my daughter is a great singer. Perhaps these things that capture their attention relate somehow to their innate abilities on an abstract scale. We don't see the things the same way because we are in a different stage of development, and we're different people. Point is: anything is bad if there is too much of it because we expand our horizons through exposure to diverse stimuli. Filling our crayola box with all the different colors of experience so that we earn as many skill points as possible. This is how we level up as humans.

Yeah The avengers is all of them, that's why he settled for it lol. I agree with you that too much of 1 thing is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius    Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids + tv = an idiot or a genius
Page 1 of 1