Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Any home brewers here?

Go down 
+4
cY staple Yc
Criptic Wolf
chavarlison
TheCanisDirus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Any home brewers here? Empty
PostSubject: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:53 am

The other "share your fav beer thread" got me thinking...

Anyone else here a home brewer? What's your setup like... what do you like to brew... what are your favorite malts, hops etc...

I've been brewing on and off since 2005. Just recently switched from extract and partial grain to a full all grain, 10 gal mash tun setup. Usually single batch sparge.... but sometimes a little of a fly sparge (by hand).

My friend and I just racked a hoppy saison with Citra, East Kent Goldings and Sorachi Ace... it's heaven if you like Belgian beers and hops.

Up next is a session IPA and an Oktoberfest... followed shortly by a Pumpkin ale and a chocolate coffee stout.

What about you guys???

Back to top Go down
chavarlison

chavarlison

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

And here I thought you guys were talking about the PS3 hacking scene. Isn't that what they are called?
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:02 am

I do some home brews on and off, but just do the simple extracts. I have a honey wheat that should be ready, made it last year and it was amazing, hopefully the same this year! I generally just do the light or amber lagers and some wheat beers, not too much into the super hoppy stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
cY staple Yc

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 am

I use to do it about 15 years ago... I really liked the stouts... Your coffee stout sounds good.. I am not even sure I still have my equipment.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:08 am

@Chav: Homebrew haha yeah... i didn't even think of that... you're right. But that shit ain't as tasty haha

@Criptic: Sounds like you'd love Belgian beers then?

@Staple: Stouts are great! I prefer lower abv% beers and stouts give me all the great flavor and i don't have to worry about getting bombed haha. Equipment is cheap nowadays if you ever want to get back into it. Check out NorthernBrewer for great online brew equipment/ingredients http://www.northernbrewer.com/
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 am

It's kinda funny you even brought this up because I was going to do a short video about it when I crack open my first one from this batch.
Back to top Go down
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Hate the Brewers.... I'm a CUBS fan Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I was waiting for someone to reference the team.... smartass Razz 
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 am

Back to top Go down
Danoma08

Danoma08

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 am

I've done the mr. Beer home brew kit... It tasted like shit. Sorry I had to make this rhyme but I clearly have too much time. Ooooohhhhhh
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 am

hahaha yeah some of those kits taste like junk; however, you can brew really excellent beer from extract nowadays and it's super easy!
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:02 pm

I would love to get into home brewing...as I certainly am a brew drinker. Still, not enough room living in the city, or time. Either way would love to see a shot, or two of anyone's home brew set up out of curiosity. And no...not some wise-ass pic of a 6 pack of Coors in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:45 pm

The (very) "basic" process for those not familiar with brewing beer.
Any home brewers here? The-pr10

Not my picture but basically i use the same equipment because i have a loft... no house with a garage to use propane burners... so pots for the stove top.  (2) 5 gallon hlt/mash boil pots; (1) 10gal mash tun (orange cooler modified with filtered internal base and ball valve spigot for making your mash/lauter "grain tea" and draining into your boil pot(s)); copper wort chiller (to get your wort down to pitch temp as quickly as possible)... along with various scales, siphons, tubing, yeast culturing glassware etc. A very simple and inexpensive initial investment... that can become very, very expensive and complex very, very easily haha.
Any home brewers here? Quallsbrew

to something like this that is popular among homebrewers with more $$ and space lol..

Any home brewers here? P1000120
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:05 pm

LOL yeah I don't have that much, damn!! I just cook on the stove. If you do extract brewing you don't need much space, just a kettle to cook in and a spot to keep a carboy while it ferments, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am

^^^Yeah, me neither Criptic haha... that guy's homebrew setup is epic. ON the other side of his "brew shed" is a full bar and TVs and shit.... i want it all!

I might start doing some partial extract brews again for small 1-3 gallon test batches... putting only a few lbs of grain in the mash tun is a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:45 am

My buddy does mead and its fantastic. How much do u think the initial set up cost would be on a basic hhomebrewing kit I been kicking the idea around for awhile now. Also any websites yall could recommend to get me started would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:31 am

For beginners looking to start brewing at home, most suggest (and i do too) to start with Palmer's "How to Brew".  Great book to introduce you to the basics.  A must read for noobs... And it's online now.

Then, time to buy your stuff. $80.00 - $100.00 is all you'll need to get your basic equipment and ingredients to brew your first 5 gallon batch of beer.

I recommend going to your local homebrew store for as much as you can. It's great to build a relationship with those guys... they always seem to be good people and willing to help. (esp taste your beers and tell you crazy shit like "PH was off during mash"... stuff you won't be able to taste or know for a long while lol) It's nice if they're close bc sometimes you'll be mid-brew or racking etc. and realize you forgot something and you're 5 gallons of beer will be trashed without it... go local if you can.

If you don't have a local store (or you already go local but need supplemental supplies/ingredients)... there are tons of great places online.

You could go to MidWest....

Any home brewers here? Midkit10
MidWest - Brewing Basics Kit

Then grab one of the ingredient kits from wherever you're getting your equipment kit... something like this...

Any home brewers here? Gldipa10
MidWestSupplies - Gold Dust IPA Kit (extract)

So now as long as you have a 4+ gallon pot at home to fit on your stove to boil the wort... you're all set!

The basics will stay the same, but over your next 5-10 brews you'll learn a lot and probably get addicted to the hobby haha... and you'll want to spend loads of $$ on a 30+ gallon setup and probably open a nano-brewery /slash/ pub... it's a downward spiral Twisted Evil 

Great Resources
HomeBrewTalk Forum - Best homebrew forum on the net
MidWestSupplies - For all brewing supplies/ingredients
NorthernBrewer - Another great store for supplies/ingredients
BeerSmith's Blog - Go here read it all and buy the app/software - youll thank me
HomeBrew's Wiki - Great source of info
Mad Ferm - Another epic brewers blog
BrauKaiser - Brewing science resource

I am NO expert (but i make badass beer lol) but anyone who has questions... feel free to PM me anytime.
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 am

Appreciate it. Lol the hardest part is gonna be getting the warden/wife to give the ok and allocate me a little space sense we live in a townhouse but given my love affair with all things beer im sure she wont bitch too much:) Thanks again for the info
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 am

No problem at all man!

Id really love to see a bunch of us get into it and do a little over 30 brew club thing where once a month or every 2 months we trade around a few beers mailed out to taste and compare. Would be pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:33 am

That would be cool. Ill keep ya posted on my progress. I found a place locally so im gonna check them out after work.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:51 am

Nice man! And if you don't wanna go with a pre-made ingredients kit... lemme know what kind of beer you want to do and i can hook you up with a general guide and ingredient list.
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks ill probably take up on that after I get my feet wet a bit.
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:48 am

Midwest is a great place for starter kits, and their recipe kits are very very good, I've never had any issues with them. And if you have any issues or questions they are very friendly and helpful.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Awesome stuff. Cool to see/hear you can go with the basics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any home brewers here?   Any home brewers here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any home brewers here?
Page 1 of 1