Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD

Go down 
+15
Nely
MoneyMan300
HcMaximus
TydenWolf
invisible843
walldoggy
NukeLaCoog
TripleAce Andy
Spartan Runnerr
pariah_81
BlackDeath
Winners
Maverick9227
TheCanisDirus
deadmyt
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Titanfall dev is using the Azure Cloud to run all their servers for the Microsoft side.

Apparently, they can use a dedicated part called "Thunderhead" for the xbox one part of the hosting. Must be using the regular "Azure" part of the same system for the others.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:57 pm

So what you are saying is that Respawn is willing to offer a complete solution to their customer. It is funny to see how many things IW can't do with their "next gen" game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm

IW is the stuff Respawn didn't want to take with them on the way out.

Well, I suppose it is mostly an entirely new dev team there calling themselves "Infinity Ward." They brought us all the innovation that was MW3.

Hopefully they are truly putting their own version of Call of Duty out this time and are not just pretending to be the guys that wrote Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 pm

From what I have read online Respawn was given a real nice discount on the Azure usage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Nely wrote:
From what I have read online Respawn was given a real nice discount on the Azure usage.
Links buddy... Links! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:54 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Nely wrote:
Links buddy... Links!  lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602446

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don’t want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Just found this long article on the subject of dedicated servers and the new matchmaking that will be part of the p2p part of Ghosts.

Lots of interesting news in there.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u

Microsoft's 300,000 server Xbox Live Cloud is a subset of Microsoft's Azure platform. The part reserved for Xbox Live is called Thunderhead, which can only be used for Xbox One - not PC or even Xbox 360.

While Rubin wasn't able to go into detail on how Ghosts will work on the cloud (in-game you'll connect in the same way you're used to, except you're connecting to dedicated servers), he did provide interesting insight into how the decision to use it came to be.

"Very early in the project we had a bunch of meetings with Xbox, where they'd come in, a few engineers and their representatives, and they'd start telling us about what the Xbox One was going to be," Rubin said, "what the specs were at the time - they change over time - what some of the plans were, some of the features, Kinect, online, all that sort of stuff. They started giving us the brain dump of everything they knew they were aiming for.

"Information comes in batches. They don't necessarily know everything all at once. And one of those meetings was the talk of the Xbox Live Cloud. We perked up at that. They weren't prepared to answer all our questions, but we were grilling them, asking, what does it mean? What does it do? What's the coverage? How many servers? What's the throughput? We just kept going and going and going, and they were like, we have no idea how to answer those questions. It doesn't exist yet. We'll get back to you.

"So we dropped it for a while. Then it came back, and we had details on Xbox Live servers and the cloud. Then we sat with that information and studied it, and tried to figure if this was something that could work for us. We felt, yes, this will help us. We can do dedicated servers off of it and we think it will make for a better experience for people.

"We ended up pulling the trigger probably only a couple of months ago. The cloud service they're offering hadn't completely formed yet. But we pulled the trigger, and now I've announced it so now I have to do it."

Use of the Xbox Live cloud for dedicated servers is just one part of a broader initiative within Infinity Ward to improve the gamer connection.

Rubin said an engineer once told him handling multiplayer is not only the hardest thing to do in video games, but in all of coding engineering. "Working on netcode is harder than rocket science," he said.

"The internet isn't ours. We don't own it. We don't get to control it. We don't design it. We're learning amazingly crazy things about how the internet works."

Infinity Ward was able to improve the Call of Duty netcode after working with some gamers who had complained about "crappy connections".

"It was a guy and his cousin who lived in the same neighbourhood," Rubin explained. "They were literally houses away, but one guy had one ISP and the other guy had a different ISP.

"They would matchmake with a friend of theirs who was on the other side of the town, and they would have an inconsistent, crappy connection. They were like, we're right next to each other. How is it me and my cousin have such a bad connection?

"We did trace routes and found the other player they would play with was on the same ISP as the main guy we were talking to. That ISP would generally have a short hop. But this other guy, who's in the same local vicinity, so the IP addresses would put them together as, oh, you guys are good together, his hops were actually going way outside the city and then coming back.

"What we found was, it's really not your physical location that's determining how good your connects are. Even if we're next door to each other, we might be miles apart as far as internet connections are concerned."
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

They are learning amazingly crazy things about how the internet works......and they are just now learning that different ISP's have different distances to the internet? Wow.....just wow. I hope they wear helmets while at their desks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:22 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
They are learning amazingly crazy things about how the internet works......and they are just now learning that different ISP's have different distances to the internet?  Wow.....just wow.  I hope they wear helmets while at their desks

"Infinity Ward"

lol! 

I'm a bit concerned that no matter what amount of "magic cloud servers" you hand those clowns it wouldn't help.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm tellin ya man......the more these guys talk the worse they sound.  First it is the next gen fish that move out of your way and more circular circles and now this astounding revelation.  I am beginning to think that their development team is really a group of Junior High Schoolers working on a science Fair project.

This was my reaction when I read that

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 ImpliedFacepalm
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
Just found this long article on the subject of dedicated servers and the new matchmaking that will be part of the p2p part of Ghosts.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-22-watch-this-space-for-cod-ghosts-dedicated-servers-on-playstation-xbox-360-and-wii-u
Let me guess, you just found this on the last page where I posted it? Laughing 

Doamne01 wrote:
I found this article that seems to go into the details a bit more and also discusses some of the issues that COD has had with matchmaking and how they feel that they have now fixed it. (---Link below "COD lag fixes"---)...
COD lag fixes
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Wow wow They can't be this bad. Rubin's has to be out of the loop. One of the most popular online games is just now learning about the internet. Guy must be out of the loop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:05 am

Doamne01 wrote:
FightingOkra75 wrote:

Let me guess, you just found this on the last page where I posted it? Laughing 

Doamne01 wrote:
I found this article that seems to go into the details a bit more and also discusses some of the issues that COD has had with matchmaking and how they feel that they have now fixed it. (---Link below "COD lag fixes"---)...
COD lag fixes
It is a top result if you do a bing search for "no ghosts dedicated servers on playstation."

I think that page may be updated from time to time.

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 am

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^I just saw the video that is a parody of... and... what is a "thun thun thun" scratch 

DO NOT WATCH!!!

video made me want to hammer rusty nails into my eyes and ears.
ecstasy apparently

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thun%20thun%20thun

also to Nukes point...this is why you NEVER fucking use location to base anything connection wise. For fucks sake is it THAT difficult to ping the player from a CONTINENT as a base measure and match ppl based on those results. Who cares if you're pinging Antarctica as long as all the people playing together have similar pings there!

lastly get rid of the bars and show us actual ping times for Christ's sake
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 am

BlackDeath wrote:

lastly get rid of the bars and show us actual ping times for Christ's sake
At the very least they could provide a key so that you know what the bars mean.

4 bar = 0-50
3 bar = 50-100
2 bar = 100-150
1 bar = 150-200 (You can't play at this level of ping, so you shouldn't be connected to this lobby or anything worse)

There have been assumptions made as to what the bars mean, each bar is 100ms, 150ms, 75ms??? Does anybody know for sure? But the standards for what a "good" connection is right now are so low its ridiculous. If each bar is 100ms then you could have a ping of 190 and still be a three bar...you'll get destroyed if you are playing against decent players at that level of ping.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
DennoCAN

DennoCAN

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Ugh... now what to do... so confusing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THANK MOTHER F'N GOD   THANK MOTHER F'N GOD - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THANK MOTHER F'N GOD
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4