Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Notes on Apocalypse Maps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Notes on Apocalypse Maps Empty
PostSubject: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 12:48 pm

In my never ending quest to play better COD I need to get familiar with the new maps and callouts. To help me and others I put down my first impression notes from what I’ve noticed on the new maps. Screenshots taken from crappy walkthroughs off youtube. Add your thoughts, frustrations or images to inform or warn others.

Pod
Controlling A and B from the right and middle seems to be easier than being on the C side.

The view from A, I have better luck on the right, or in through middle the office thing (below),
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 110

Instead of coming up from the other side (C flag) of this map (below)
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 210

I often get killed when I'm moving from C to A on the left side, shown above (view from C)

A connection I hadn’t realized is from this middle office building, there’s a bridge outside that connects you to the right outer side:
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 310

Notes on Apocalypse Maps 410

Notes on Apocalypse Maps 510

Dig
The middle of the map felt like a maze full of corners, but there are lines of sight on the outsides.
From A flag, you can get a high vantage point across the map by jumping on these steps (green circles)
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 610

view overlooking the circle pit
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 710

And you can a look down on B flag
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 810

The outsides of the map have decent lines of sight, this is the left side view from C and was high traffic area on a couple games.
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 910

Takeoff
I haven’t played stadium before, so a lot of experience may come from there. In my short plays on this map it seems controlling the upstairs is key to holding B.
The view from the scaffolding in the blue launch center
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1010

If 2 guys hold this scaffolding above from inside the blue launch center (shown below)
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1110

one patrols mid+right, the other patrols mid+left (shown below), holding B should be easier.
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1210

Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1310

Other notable locations: green healthcenter
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1410

and red lounge
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1510

red lounge has a good view overlooking B
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1610

Yellow visitor center is near A flag
Notes on Apocalypse Maps 1710

Frost
Haven't played it.. looks cool. Any advice or frustrations on Frost or others?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Awesome JOB YET AGAIN!  Damn, I think I have given you at all the reach arounds that you have (so I am your reach around bitch!) haha I HATE HATE Takeoff god damn snipers in the red lounge above B on both side!  I love DIG and I never seen that door on Pod, but I have only played that map twice.  GOD DAMN Takeoff!  I have played that map at least 10 times already!  I am all worked up now! I hate it!! But Great post my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Frost is fun and the only frustrations part I have seen is going under the second bridge (by A when playing DOM) you all in the water so go up the stairs, but then again I have only played this map once. Might go on combat training to check it out or maybe some drunk clan play tonight!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25
EstimatdProphet

EstimatdProphet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Our very own XclusiveAce! Nice Andy, good tips.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 3:58 pm

I like Pod. Dig and Frost are ok. I never was a big fan of stadium. There are too many directions you can be shot from at the same time. I think Stadium(takeoff) and Cove are very similar and I'm not a big fan of either.

On pod if you have C and B you can kind of roam on that bridge you showed and take people out in their back easily as they approach B and occasional jump in front of the window in the pod and take out anyone trying to post up in there. For whatever reason it seems to take the other team a long time to figure out your on the bridge. I work the bridge for a couple of kills then jump in the pod for a couple then jump back on to the bridge. I have got orbital, dogs and swarms the last 2 times I played just by working that bridge.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:11 pm

On Dig, I'm always seeing people on the middle bridge and take them down. I haven't tried much from up there. I guess if you play up there you need to stay low or jump down in the pit every so often like Baller said.

On Takeoff I like to patrol the Launch center going from building to building.. the window of opportunity to take B is short and needs a few people at the same time.

Like all B flags, they usually need a team. When someone's alone near B, take cover and call out to the team letting know you're there alone. Always take B together when 3 or 4 of us there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 4:54 pm

Dig is my least favorite, I just sit in the back in that trench under the small cross over and head glitch fuckers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notes on Apocalypse Maps   Notes on Apocalypse Maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Notes on Apocalypse Maps
Page 1 of 1