Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far

Go down 
+12
MoneyMan300
Repo_Dog
longhornfan8575
carlmuir
Grover 142
Vidzjunkie
deadmyt
SwollenCamel
NukeLaCoog
Sr Slampiece
TheCanisDirus
gk daddio 65
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Empty
PostSubject: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 am

As soon as I got in the door at home yesterday I made sure to download BF4 Beta and start the experience. Download was quick and painless with only 1.6 gig or something. Only one map for now which blows!

The good:
So first of all the game graphics are definitely crisper than BF3 even with it running at only 760 currently and it is also way smoother thanks to the 60fps. The sound track has also been improved with greater clarity and more natural affect. I find that the heli's are faster and more responsive with better use of yaw in the flight stick so once I got the stix setup right for it I feel at home in the right seat again. So new vehicles, eh and again still trying to figure out the stick setup.
The spot button is now prominent but at the expense the location I used for other needs in BF3
The greater destruction is definitely there although I keep missing the bring down of the damn skyscraper, mannnnnnnnn.

The sucky things so far:
I had to setup my controller again and even worse, they change some of the button mapping so needless to say I still don't think I have things the way I want them. I really wish that there was full control of the mapping but it is what it is but the one that is bugging me the most is the setup for the vehicles. The button combo are the problem.
Expect to die in the drop of a hat. This game is now all about pure accuracy and head shots which will drop u on the spot. Lets just say I am dying a lot.
Also cant hear people coming up on you and next thing you know is your being knifed with no time to counter it.
Graphic affects after dying are just stupid with the person that killed you turning a translucent red as the screen flies over to highlight them.

So in the end here, I will be playing this map but in the current state it is too small with again to few players to make it great. I will stick primarily with BF3 until the full BF4 release.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am

I just yelled at GK in his cube across the room...

BF4 is and will only be running at 30FPS on Xbox 360 and PS3.   The leap to 60FPS happens on Xbox One and PS4... for those who havent seen BF3 on PC at 60FPS or higher and 1080p... be prepared to be kinda amazed!

This all just means that if you think BF3 or this BF4 beta looks decent on current gen... just wait!
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:06 am

U suck Gun but Ok, my bad. Just being hopeful I suppose. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:33 am

Apparently, I'm note cool enough or "premium" enough to download the beta. Boo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:58 am

I downloaded it yesterday as well and played a bunch of games (sorry I couldn't party up daddio, had my mic unplugged and you were off after the match). I had a few issues getting in w/ quick match but was able to find a decent server. If I take the connection bar as being truthful, apparently I connect to Europe better than US West coast.....4 bars vs. 1.

I only got vehicles a couple of times and I suck in them regardless so I can't speak to their handling. Tanks did seem to take longer to blow up w/ my engineer class although the critical hit points on the back seemed to get a boost. The choppers were definitely moving a lot faster and could turn on a dime to catch me between reloads of my RPG.

I got some time with every class and they all felt great. We don't have all the starting weapons that will be in the regular release, but the ones they gave us in beta were nice. The recoil was manageable on each gun and felt less than BF3. If you use the guns to their strengths players drop quick. I loved the variable zoom scope on the sniper rifle. The MX4 on the engineer class shreds up close, the U100 on Support fired slow but deadly and the AK-12 just felt great. Once again Engineer & Support are my go to.

This game just feels much better. Movement is smoother, I don't get stuck on random objects as much and swimming is actually effective. Adding bullet trails on the sniper rifles are very helpful as well as trails with other guns. I can now finally spot where random fire is coming from (important for me because I am 95% infantry & OBJ and I take a shit ton of fire). I like the new live grenade indicator. If you see the red outline you are about to get dead. Counter knifing....LOVE IT!!!! I get knifed a lot and the first time I countered someone I nearly pissed myself with excitement. There is something special about seeing that all too familiar animation starts thinking "here we go again"....then BAM!!!! COUNTER BITCH!!!

The verticality on this map is awesome and sets up for epic moments. Parachute out of a chopper, shoot a glass roof,fly in and RPG a guy in the face type stuff. The snipers really like to sit on top of skyscrapers. The elevators on B & C were pretty interesting. If the enemy is controlling those areas it turns into a death box. But, the anticipation of going up those things & waiting for the door to open into a wall of bullets is pretty awesome.

That giant building coming down is just flat out awesome and once it is down it is a whole new map. The first couple of games I would just stop what I was doing and just watch it fall. The B flag goes from 60 or so stories high to being at the waters edge in a debris field and the map is covered in dust. Forget sound whoring at that point because it is virtually impossible.

Like what daddio mentioned, the button layout has changed and it took me a couple of games to get used to the new location of the spot button. I kept pulling up the damn menu trying to spot enemies then end up getting killed because of it. Once I got used to it, it actually works better for me at the new RB location because I can keep both thumbs on the sticks.

The game suffers from the typical beta stuff. Frame rate drops, buggy graphical glitches but nothing alarming that won't be fixed by release. All in all a nice improvement on BF3. If you liked BF3 you will love BF4. If you played BF3 and weren't a big fan then this might play a lot better for you. I would highly recommend anyone interested to check it out when the full open beta starts in a couple of days. Hell, if nothing else it is a free multiplayer game to play for a couple of weeks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 am

OMG Nuke. I'll wait for the cliff notes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am

Did someone say free??????
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:09 am

All i keep hearing is how much smoother and quicker BF4 plays... which has me excited! I just cannot imagine how even better it will be on next gen's at a full 60FPS!!!

Part of me doesn't want to DL the beta though as i did in BF3 and could never play Metro again... i just played too much of it in the beta and it ruined my experience of the map.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

Gun, this map ain't Metro.  That map sucked after playing it once. Smile

Slam, here is the cliff note version

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:37 am

I actually had more fun playing Domination than Conquest. The map was set up for close quarters and played surprisingly fast. I also liked the layout of the map for this game mode as well. Definitely fun for people who like COD but with a battlefield feel. No killstreaks so it is pure gun on gun action. You also will rank up a lot quicker. Right now the beta is only available for premium members and the 3 people who preordered MOH warfighter. It will be available for everyone else on the 4th. Definitely worth it for free to give it a try. Conquest I wouldn't bother with until the next gens come out. It's obvious that this game was never intended for the 360.
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I posted asking about this in the "other games" section
Didn't know someone posted about this in here

Anyways, I played for a while yesterday and it was a lot of fun
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:37 pm

I've been hearing some bitching about map and players camping the top of the escalators.

Seems they then get flamed for not knowing how to fly up top with a chopper... or for not then taking the other flags and leaving the enemies to rot up on the roof top... others say it's easy to break through the elevator camping...

I'm curious... any of you guys experience any of this?
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Yep. I seemed to get matched up with a team that has 4 snipers camped out on a roof so the rest of us are left to go fight for flags. It is no surprise I have a 29% win %. Smile It might take a couple of times to break through the elevator at the top of the B tower, but parachuting out of a chopper usually helps. Also helps by blowing up the damn building too Smile The escalators weren't too much of a problem because the area to cap that flag is pretty large. If nothing else there are other flags to cap and they will eventually pull out of there.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:27 pm

So how exactly do you bring down the tower? (downloading beta now and moving huge, heavy ass dinning room table... fucking shit, cunt, bitch, ass, twat bubblegum)
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:08 am

I played it last night (first day of it). My thoughts after 2 games of conquest and 3 games of Domination.

I had several instances in a row where I would spawn in as assault, have no weapon and not be able to turn around (right stick didn't do anything). It was always when I was assault and happened 3 times. The only alternative is to 'redeploy' or find an enemy to take care of you.

The map isn't much fun with 3 conquest flag points and 24 players. Dice was pretty damn stingy with the vehicles, I hope they add a tank or two with the final release. I couldn't get VOIP to work on the thing, but nobody talks on the XBOX version anyways.

Weapons were fine, I died a lot. I think they upped the headshot and body multipliers.

Domination was FUN. It's insanely fast and will likely be much more popular on XBOX than the PCs. DICE still can't spawn for shit though, I spawned in 10 feet from two opposing team guys, and 3 seconds later there were 5 more of them spawned in.
Back to top Go down
carlmuir

carlmuir

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 am

Does the VOIP work on PS3?

It was for me !
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:53 am

Grover 142 wrote:
I had several instances in a row where I would spawn in as assault, have no weapon and not be able to turn around (right stick didn't do anything).  
Had the same thing happen a few times, as engineer though i believe.... i just had to run around like crazy then all of a sudden my right stick would work and i'd have a weapon. Just some odd bugs. Current gen consoles are also struggling with this game... you an tell. The slowdown if you're next to the building when it falls and shortly after is atrocious.

It's much, much better on next gen consoles evidently. PC experience but with textures and resolution not as high.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:08 am

NukeLaCoog wrote:
Well that really ruins the elevator ride now doesn't it. Crying or Very sad  I thought this was a theme park damn it.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 pm

So the first Beta hackers appear. Minor but apparent.
http://bf4central.com/2013/10/battlefield-4-beta-hackers-already-spotted-report/
Back to top Go down
longhornfan8575

longhornfan8575

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Im not impressed so far but who knows maybe it will be much better on ps4
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
Grover 142 wrote:
I had several instances in a row where I would spawn in as assault, have no weapon and not be able to turn around (right stick didn't do anything).  
Had the same thing happen a few times, as engineer though i believe.... i just had to run around like crazy then all of a sudden my right stick would work and i'd have a weapon.  Just some odd bugs.  Current gen consoles are also struggling with this game... you an tell.  The slowdown if you're next to the building when it falls and shortly after is atrocious.

It's much, much better on next gen consoles evidently.  PC experience but with textures and resolution not as high.

I had none of this on pc or ps3 !
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:45 pm

[quote="gk daddio 65"]So the first Beta hackers appear. Minor but apparent.
http://bf4central.com/2013/10/battlefield-4-beta-hackers-already-spotted-report/[/quote

I my self have not seen any of this on ps3 !
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:46 pm

longhornfan8575 wrote:
looks the same and acts the same as bf3 !
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 am

Repo_Dog wrote:
longhornfan8575 wrote:
looks the same and acts the same as bf3  !
There are definitely improvements to this game but the Beta were playing on has to be a older version of the game. There are just to many issues that are being reported, though many are pc based, to be a version close to release. (1)I have had controller setup issues with vehicle sticks not working or setup schemes that are redundant causing only one stick to operate all forward,reverse and gun controls. (2) Problems fining lobbies unless all filter boxes are checked. (3) Heli cockpit appearing to shift while viewing in 1st person. (4) Main gun site is off to the right on the tanks. (5) Grenades released seconds before dying and not exploding and a few others that I can't think of at this moment.
Overall this is going to be a better game then BF3 but your going to want it on the next gen console as the current gen just doesn't have the power to do it justice. Once the learning curve is gained from the changes made I really think I am going to be glued to it. I have been trying to stay away from the Beta but I keep getting sucked back in the more I play it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next