Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far

Go down 
+12
MoneyMan300
Repo_Dog
longhornfan8575
carlmuir
Grover 142
Vidzjunkie
deadmyt
SwollenCamel
NukeLaCoog
Sr Slampiece
TheCanisDirus
gk daddio 65
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gk daddio 65

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 am

Repo_Dog wrote:
longhornfan8575 wrote:
Im not impressed so far but who knows maybe it will be much better on ps4
looks the same and acts the same as bf3  !
There are definitely improvements to this game but the Beta were playing on has to be a older version of the game. There are just to many issues that are being reported, though many are pc based, to be a version close to release. (1)I have had controller setup issues with vehicle sticks not working or setup schemes that are redundant causing only one stick to operate all forward,reverse and gun controls. (2) Problems fining lobbies unless all filter boxes are checked. (3) Heli cockpit appearing to shift while viewing in 1st person. (4) Main gun site is off to the right on the tanks. (5) Grenades released seconds before dying and not exploding and a few others that I can't think of at this moment.
Overall this is going to be a better game then BF3 but your going to want it on the next gen console as the current gen just doesn't have the power to do it justice. Once the learning curve is gained from the changes made I really think I am going to be glued to it. I have been trying to stay away from the Beta but I keep getting sucked back in the more I play it.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Domination is OK so far....but the rooftop on the map is really annoying.  I didn't care for conquest....only 3 points and it seems a little big for 24 people.   Here is a video of some domination and some of my thoughts:

BTW this is on the 360.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah, that bump to 64 players and 60fps is going to be huge from us that have played the beta. Going to feel like a new game.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Glitches and bugs... nahhhh

hahahah

Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:31 pm

gk daddio 65 wrote:
Repo_Dog wrote:
longhornfan8575 wrote:
Im not impressed so far but who knows maybe it will be much better on ps4
looks the same and acts the same as bf3  !
There are definitely improvements to this game but the Beta were playing on has to be a older version of the game. There are just to many issues that are being reported, though many are pc based, to be a version close to release. (1)I have had controller setup issues with vehicle sticks not working or setup schemes that are redundant causing only one stick to operate all forward,reverse and gun controls. (2) Problems fining lobbies unless all filter boxes are checked. (3) Heli cockpit appearing to shift while viewing in 1st person. (4) Main gun site is off to the right on the tanks. (5) Grenades released seconds before dying and not exploding and a few others that I can't think of at this moment.
Overall this is going to be a better game then BF3 but your going to want it on the next gen console as the current gen just doesn't have the power to do it justice. Once the learning curve is gained from the changes made I really think I am going to be glued to it. I have been trying to stay away from the Beta but I keep getting sucked back in the more I play it.

yes to all of this but the title says your though so far so my point still stands !
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:01 am

It shares a lot of visual similarities... but i see many, many differences... a lot of them subtle but discernible to the BF vet.

Idk if i'm alone but the gunplay feels much better on the 360! Even at the same shitty 30fps it feels smoother... the hitboxes feel like they are more in-tune with the characters. It just plays better (for me at least).

All of us playing on current gen and planning on getting it on next gen will be blown away i think.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:12 pm

LC is back doing some DV chopper pilot/gunner videos... awesome as always. They get stuck in a very awkward position in the beginning of the video lol

Also... for anyone who has played BF3 and the BF4 beta... have you noticed that almost all of the sounds are different... and much better!?

The attack chopper's cannon and rockets... the reload sound... hell even the chopper's rotor/engine sounds are improved!
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 pm

I tried to get on, but I could not find or connect to a host. maybe I was early. I should try again though since it looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:41 pm

gun fer hire wrote:

LC is back doing some DV chopper pilot/gunner videos... awesome as always.  They get stuck in a very awkward position in the beginning of the video lol

Also... for anyone who has played BF3 and the BF4 beta... have you noticed that almost all of the sounds are different... and much better!?  

The attack chopper's cannon and rockets... the reload sound... hell even the chopper's rotor/engine sounds are improved!
This is freakin awesome footage and making me jealous that the current console Beta only has the Little Bird & ZW. God Damn it I want to wreck havoc like this NOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
I tried to get on, but I could not find or connect to a host.  maybe I was early.  I should try again though since it looks like fun.
Try selecting your server manually. I haven't been able to connect very often through quick match.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 pm

I did not see any servers with anyone in them..maybe the time of day I tried?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Hmmm... i've had the opposite experience Nuke has been having...

Just go to quick match... there are only two game modes and the one map so you'll be put in a good match. At least i have.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 1:18 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
I did not see any servers with anyone in them..maybe the time of day I tried?
Maybe and it might just be typical beta bugs. I set up my server search preferences and I got a list of full servers. I find open ones after scrolling down to the bottom of the page
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:02 pm

I too think its a glitch or sure as hope so but I found that you its best to check every option in the server filter to find lobbies with others in it. If you don't you are only going to get empty lobbies which is great when your setting up your controller or trying to adjust it for vehicles. Quick match tends to be hit or miss and tend to get booted more often just after joining.
What I don't about the server this time is that you cant advance page by page thru them like in BF3 but have to hold the button and scroll one by one taking more time. On the other hand you can use battlelog to find server to join as well.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 7:24 am

So just saw on twitter that Obliteration is coming to Beta on all platforms

New Obliteration mode is rolling out in the #BF4 Beta (PC/PS3/X360). Server availability will increase gradually. http://bit.ly/1a9OQe5
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 am

@Battlefield 14m
The explosive Obliteration mode is live in the #BF4 Open Beta! Join the Beta now and let us know what you think: http://bit.ly/19zwy54
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm

I am hoping i can wrest the xbox away from my wife for 30 mins or so to play some tonight.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:24 am

Finally got into a game. Yeah either i suck so bad that I can't hit or navigate a map, or this game is still just too big for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

And Siege isn't even considered "big" by BF standards... it's in the Medium-small category lol.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:20 am

You really gotta make sure that you spawn into the battle area and it will help. The new Obliteration game mode I think will help with that feeling as well since you are having skirmishes along the path to recover the bomb that the other team is running with and trying to plant. Its better than capture the flag and a good amount of fast paced action.
To find the mode on Beta you have to do a manual filter search as it isn't part of the quick match. Remember too, there are still only twelve players per team in a full lobby on these current gen systems and it will make a difference once things go to 64 players in a lobby.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 am

As GK said... next gen or PC is the ONLY way to experience the "full" Battlefield experience or 64 players and smooth 60 frames per second. This 20-30 fps 24 player current gen is kind of crappy... and not a "true" Battlefield experience.

More than double the people and vehicles in the maps makes for much more action and a more intense game. Movement, smoothness and weapon performance/hit detection is also worlds better at a more than double the current gen speed... it plays with that crisp 60fps smoothness that COD players have become accustom to.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:19 pm

pariah_81 wrote:
Finally got into a game.  Yeah either i suck so bad that I can't hit or navigate a map,  or this game is still just too big for my tastes.  
On the same hand, the small maps of COD are a big reason I personally don't care for that game. I just get to bored of it all unless its an x30x FNG night of course. Personal preferences none the less and neither is wrong and other experiences were tried.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:22 pm

I liked how more fluid the game felt. They sped things up slightly and IMO tried not to make it so hard / realistic (less recoil, etc.) I'm glad they changed the spot button but tt's f'n tough getting accustomed to it after having been spamming it for a year in BF3 lol.

However on 360 beta or not it looks like fucking garbage - especially when you compare it to PC beta game footage out. To be honest I was gun ho about getting BF4 (on 360) I may hold out now for either XB1 or PC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:43 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
I liked how more fluid the game felt.  They sped things up slightly and IMO tried not to make it so hard / realistic (less recoil, etc.)  I'm glad they changed the spot button but tt's f'n tough getting accustomed to it after having been spamming it for a year in BF3 lol.

However on 360 beta or not it looks like fucking garbage - especially when you compare it to PC beta game footage out.  To be honest I was gun ho about getting BF4 (on 360) I may hold out now for either XB1 or PC.
True words spoken Black. The current gens just can't handle what BF4 was meant to be. If I wasn't going next gen I wouldn't bother with getting the game. Its not just the graphics but also the number of players/vehicles in the game for the map. Not that I'm not enjoying playing the Beta but........
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Jay i'd wait for XB1/PS4 version... everyone who's played both the current gen and the next gen/PC BF4 agrees that the next gen version is the full PC game running on a medium to high setting.... just not the ultra 120fps some uber PCs can run.

Drift0r did a good little comparison

Back to top Go down
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 pm

I'll be getting it for the XBOX 360, mainly because IF I get a next-gen, it's going to be at least a year before I get it.

With BF4, Destiny, and Skyrim that I haven't even scratched the surface on yet, I've got another year of playing right there.

After that- I may just build a gaming PC. I've seen a few setups for under $750. If I could figure out how to set up a dual boot- I'd make a Windows/Steam Box dual boot system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far   BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF4 Beta, what are your thoughts so far
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next