Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Just been asked to complete my pre-order

Go down 
+3
TheCanisDirus
Nely
coxey70
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Just been asked to complete my pre-order Empty
PostSubject: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi Guys,

Just been asked to complete my pre-order with Tesco for the Xbox one and I don't think I can do it I'm still undecided which one to get so I'm holding back. I have until the 8th November but I wanted to see them in action or at least see the PS4 in action on the 15th I have both on pre-order but will only get one. I originally wanted the PS4 because of the specs but then heard about M$ changing the spec of the Xbox one so I pre-ordered that because I thought they'd change them enough to beat the PS4 hands down I don't think thats happened. Thats when I pre-ordered the PS4. Well at this rate I'll end up with none lol I wish they were both the same spec and it was a matter of a brand decision. I'm trying to weigh up my decision I don't need the "all in one system" like the xbox one offers the reason to go that way is some of my friends will be getting it, the controller for me is better than the PS and it uses a faster wireless system WiFi Direct which is 10x quicker than WiFi 2.0 which the PS4 uses, and a online system I know and is possibly better than Sony? The reasons for the PS4 to try something new, different experience, possibly better specs (will games look and play better??) Just sharing my thoughts here guys if anyone else is in the same boat?
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:49 pm

I was there and still have both pre-ordered.

PS4 is the more powerful console. There is no argument. The Specs show it. EOD

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Both will be great... but like we all know... the PS4 is much more powerful.  Does that mean anything ... eh' depends on what you want... and what developers end up doing... could mean nothing but it will likely lead to much prettier/more complex first parties and "potentially" multi plats.

Also the WiFi you refer to is the 250Mbps Wi-Fi direct which the One only uses for accessories... not internet/data during gaming.  PS4 uses Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR at 5Mbps which for controllers etc is way more than enough... you wont notice any difference. Well you will if you want to connect a keyboard and mouse to a PS4... which is awesome and has been confirmed! Get one of those all in on trackpad/keyboards to surf the web from the couch... or (if the individual developer allows... keyboard and mouse for FPS games = pwnage over controller users lol) This isn't possible with the One. Also, standard bluetooth headsets and other bluetooth accessories will work with the PS4... but will require a patch dl after launch.

As far as multiplayer games are concerned for online play... Both systems use 802.11n which tops out at around 600Mbps (correct me if wrong).  They'll be identical when both are connected to WiFi... but you should hardwire to cat6... always! Razz
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Hey Gun

Did you happen to see CBOAT's latest post on Gaf?

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:16 pm

If you mean the 720-900p was supposed to release in 2014 on hahaha then yeah. Go home M$ you're drunk.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Rushed console. Worried about the upclock (RROD Incoming)

If anything he said is true. Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 pm

The PS4 is more powerful from a pure spec's perspective, but I think comparing the box's spec's vs each other is like comparing apples to oranges in this generation; and it's largely due to an undersung feature of the new XBox One; XBox Live Compute (XBox One's cloud *computing* service).  What this little 'service' could do for games in the future *has the potential* to fundamentally change the way we look at console specs.  (eg. on the PC, the latest SimCity game simulates each and every one of your (potentially) 100,000+ sims individually using cloud computing, and this was a 'first attempt' at cloud computing; just wait until the technique matures)  

Now, developers *will* need to craft their games specifically to use the benefits of cloud computing, but the power afforded to those who DO leverage it could far exceed what we'd ever see in a sealed-box console environment.

Despite PS4 having stronger spec's "out-of-the-gate", I think XBox has an overall stronger long-term outlook;  we might see better looking games on the PS side, but I can't help but feel it's only a matter of time before we see deeper games on the XBox side, and things that won't even be possible on the PS4.

Just my 2 cents.

@Nely; you have a link to the post you referenced?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:42 am

@ArcaniX: The "cloud" won't (IMO) make a game any more complex, pretty or better than any PS4 first party. The difference in raw power is just too great between the consoles... no chance remote computing can be used to the extent to make up any sizable portion of the gap. Now i do think the Xbox One will be a fine system... just a media/entertainment machine vs. a gaming rig like the PS4.

At your request: The latest CBOAT fact drop via neoGAF

if you're unfamiliar with neoGAF and CBOAT... neoGAF is a gamer community site where schmucks like us converse along side industry vets, developers etc. The neat thing (which i didn't know before) is that neoGAF moderators vet all people who claim to have inside knowledge or are in the industry. There is a strict anti-bullshit patrol.

As far as CBOAT is concerned... he's a very well connected industry insider (likely working for M$ or a AAA developer from the hints he drops) and he gives out some interesting "predictions" and "facts" regarding the next gen consoles etc. He's got an uncanny track record... andddddd he disguises his identity by typing/talking like a complete moron with ridiculous abbreviations/slang/misspellings etc.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Guess we'll see where it all ends up! As stated, it will take developers writing games specifically to take advantage, so I don't really expect that we'll see anything really good from it until the 2nd generation of games @ christmas 2014...

I will likely be waiting closer until then before I decide, anyway... Hopefully some of you guys get and keep the XBox360 version of Ghosts, or it'll awfully quiet when I get online! LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

You're right... we just need to wait and see.  However, there are already some big visual differences among first party exclusives developing.  If you compare PS4 games like Infamous: SS, Drive Club, Resogun or KillZone: SF to Xbox One's most visually appealing titles Titanfall, Ryse, Killer Instinct or Forza 5.... it's a noticeable difference... and that divide will only grow as developers figure out how to juice each console.  Plus - now the PS4 is the easier one to program for where as last gen the PS3 was a bitch for developers.  All things favoring Sony this go around.

As far as multiplatform games go... we have no idea... it's up to developers, as you mention.  There is not much of a difference this gen (nothing substantial) between PC games and Xbox One/PS4 titles... devs (theoretically) will be able to scale multiplatform games quite easily with texture packets, effects etc.  If one developer decides they can run higher resolution textures and a faster frame rate on the PS4 than on the One... it's an easy (as far as development goes) task to accomplish.

What does all of this mean?  We'll see.  But there is one scary or unfortunate rumor some devs have commented on (while others completely deny it would ever happen)....

Say Ghosts or some other big multiplat game can run prettier and faster on the PS4... would they feel they needed to cater to the Xbox One and "de-optimize" the PS4 version just so both look and play the same so as not to infuriate M$?  Let's all hope not for the sake of gamers... regardless of platform preference.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Here is the quote

"I am shocked at this surprise. Truly I am.

By the way, I hope you aren't fans of 1080p on Xbox One. When the hardware is out in the wild you will see what I meant about issues. Up-clocks too. Risk is everywhere at the moment, this place is nuts. A 2014 release was a better plan."

This is not good news.

Cloud Compute huh? I guess they are going back to DRM and always online.

BTW Sony is a "enterprise customer" at RackSpace. So this "Cloud" advantage is probably moot.

Back to top Go down
coxey70

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am

I think for me if I can convince my mates to buy the PS4 I'm going for that. Me knowing the PS4 is more powerful and getting the Xbox one will grind at me I know it will even if the games don't look any better. I only really play COD although that will change you just know they won't make the PS4 version look better than the Xbox one they're to deep into M$ pockets they should make cod a bit like a PC version and let people choose the graphics level say medium everything runs at 60fps if you choose a better looking game your fps drops this is where the PS4 power would come in same game but with the PS4 version you can run better graphics and keep your fps higher.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 am

It would be epic if devs allowed for PC like graphics settings options on consoles! Id turn resolution down to get the highest frame rate possible and give myself the biggest advantage online as i could! Those extra few milliseconds really matter in twitch games like COD.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Me thinks that Ghosts will look slightly better on PS4.

IIRC there is an article out talking about Activision porting Ghosts.

It took 2 weeks to go from PC to PS4 and it was running at 90fps.

They spent 4 months on the Xbone version and it was running at 15fps.

With the new NFS news I am starting to doubt there will be pairty between consoles.
Devs didn't care about pairty during this gen. Why would they care about it now?

These games and devs compete against each other not consoles.
Back to top Go down
coxey70

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Gun whats this 720/900P thing is it resolution the xbox will be running and is the PS4 a 1080P system?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:15 pm

coxey70 wrote:
Gun whats this 720/900P thing is it resolution the xbox will be running and is the PS4 a 1080P system?
You got it. According to developers and insiders the Xbox one has and will have more games running at lower resolutions and or upscales/upconverts to 1080p (like how some blue rays do it). The greater power in the PS4 will mean more full 1080p games and higher frame rates. First party games area already looking MUCH better than One games. Things will only get better... for both consoles... but it's hard to argue when one is much more powerful. It just has more potential. Simple as that. Again, the One will be a great platform with awesome games... so it just comes down to one being a core game machine and one an all-in-one media box.

Killzone: SF is a great example of this. NOTHING on the One even comes close. Looks epic even offscreen from a camera lol. This is my must buy with BF4.

Some multiplayer gifs...

Just look at a simple frag grenade explosion in multiplayer... whoa.

Just been asked to complete my pre-order Damn

Or how about a stun grenade... disorientating and badass.

Just been asked to complete my pre-order Avtshu

and the new GTTV exclusive video... so amazing.

via GT.TV (here)

Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 pm

My older pc with a duel core and hd 3870 512 meg onborad will run blops 2 or bf3 prety good !this card was $ 200 !
My older pc with a I7 and hd 5950 2 gig on board will run anything I have ever stuck in it 60+ ! this card was $ 400 bucks !
I would say they should both be able to do 1080p+60 but should be easier on ps4 also going to depend on dev's !

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:09 pm

I for one am in no rush to buy either. I'd like to stick to the xbox platform simply because my friends list is full. However at the tune of an extra hundy over that of the ps4 and not to mention the kinect which will NEVER see use. From what I've seen so far neither is worth spending 400 let alone 500 on at this time. IMO if MS doesn't see the sales numbers they're hoping for they'll repackage the XB1 without the kinect for the same price point that ps4 is at right now. Then I'd consider it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Join the dark side Jay... Join us PS4 zombies
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 pm

What's the over/under on MS dropping the Kinect? 2 or 3 years? That's a long time. MS doesn't really have a history of supporting older gens.

I know BD is a PC guy so that works but things might start to look a little thin on the 360.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:54 am

this will be on my TV in 25 days... wait is too much...

Just been asked to complete my pre-order IbkLh2II7UZlqe
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 pm

I have no idea what that is, but it looks very shiny.  lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:02 am

walldoggy wrote:
I have no idea what that is, but it looks very shiny.  lol
Killzone: ShadowFall actual in-game footage from SP.

They also do fire-ry... in-game SP... BOOOOM

Just been asked to complete my pre-order 0Kw1

This is easily the best looking game so far on any console.... and evidently it plays phenomenally well and the multiplayer is epic.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Killzone has gone gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA LA LA Let's GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 pm

IW using PS4 footage for reveal.

Unprecedented here folks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just been asked to complete my pre-order   Just been asked to complete my pre-order Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just been asked to complete my pre-order
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next