Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Ps4 to xbox1 convert
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
    Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
    Google Ads

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ

Go down 
    +7
    Criptic Wolf
    Nely
    coxey70
    Repo_Dog
    TheCanisDirus
    TripleAce Andy
    walldoggy
    11 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Empty
    PostSubject: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm

OK, time to jump on the anti-PS4 train...  It's the thread you've all been waiting for.

The Lowlights Of Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ

Click the link for the full details, this is just a list:

- The PS4 Does Not Support Media Servers or DLNA

- The PS4 Does Not Play CDs or MP3s

- The “Music Destination” on PS4 is Music Unlimited

- The PS4 Does Not Support External Hard Drives to Expand Storage

- The PS4 Needs a Downloaded Patch to Play Blu-Rays

- You Can’t Rename Your Online ID on PS4

Fire away...  gun, stay off this thread.  lol  jk
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

OOoo ooo i want to play! I got one!

Honest downside for some is they don't like the led light on the controller and there is no option to turn it off currently.

(i personally think it's cool and in shooters like killzone it glows your health color... from green... to yellow... to orange then red... give a neat ambient glow- touch to everything )
    Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Isn't the light on the controller facing AWAY from you? So what, I have to look down and turn the controller up to see the lights? haha Great, another thing to take my eyes off the screen and make me miss Camper Dark Corner McDougal.
    Back to top Go down
    TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:04 pm

walldoggy wrote:

Really? You can't change your ID (gamertag)? So if you rush the app process with no intention of joining a clan, and just name your ID GangBangnHoesFoLife or some shit, you're stuck with that for ever, like a bad tattoo? afro 

That's beat. Wink 
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:06 pm

walldoggy wrote:
    Isn't the light on the controller facing AWAY from you?  So what, I have to look down and turn the controller up to see the lights?  haha  Great, another thing to take my eyes off the screen and make me miss Camper Dark Corner McDougal.
    It reflects light all around a little with the lights off... and even in the TV screen.
    Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm

TripleAce Andy wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:

Really? You can't change your ID (gamertag)? So if you rush the app process with no intention of joining a clan, and just name your ID GangBangnHoesFoLife or some shit, you're stuck with that for ever, like a bad tattoo? afro 

That's beat. Wink 
    Well, I guess you can sign up with PSN with a new email address...
    Back to top Go down
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

walldoggy wrote:
    TripleAce Andy wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:

That's beat. Wink 
    Yeah all you have to do is make a new account. Sucks donkey scrotum... but it's doable lol. I'm sure after enough new PS+ members start a bitch fest they'll allow it for a price.
    Back to top Go down
    TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 pm

walldoggy wrote:
    TripleAce Andy wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:

That's beat. Wink 
    In that case, your COD (aka Elite) gamertag would change resulting in a restart with new COD stats?
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:03 pm

TripleAce Andy wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:
    TripleAce Andy wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:

That's beat. Wink 
    In that case, your COD (aka Elite) gamertag would change resulting in a restart with new COD stats?
    Yes. New email, new PSN, new Elite account. However, Elite accounts are going away anyways and, as I understand it, the previous games stats are not coming over. I could be wrong, anyone have any info?
    Back to top Go down
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:07 pm

walldoggy wrote:
    I think so.  However, as I understand it, the previous games stats are not coming over?
    This
    Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:14 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
    walldoggy wrote:
    I think so.  However, as I understand it, the previous games stats are not coming over?
    This
    OK, so may as well start a new PSN? I'm thinking HelloKittyWallDoggy. Thoughts anyone? lol
    Back to top Go down
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:20 pm

ChiefWallDoggyStandingCow
    Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:27 pm

Haha.  Ok a few more bummers about the PS4 that I didn't know about...

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/playstation-4-won-t-support-external-hard-drives-184328665.html

Quote :
    No YouTube sharing
    While sharing videos of your gameplay is a key feature with the PS4, Sony is bypassing the most popular video streaming site. Though videos can be posted to Facebook, Ustream and Twitch, they can't be shared via YouTube. (That could change in the future, though, as the FAQ notes the share feature will be "supported by a future system update."

Mandatory game installs
    If you buy a game at a retail store, you won't be able to play directly from the disc. The PS4 requires every game to be installed (just like the Xbox One) to ensure a smoother gaming experience.
    Didn't know everything had to be installed to the HDD.  That's kind of sucks...
    Back to top Go down
    Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Only thing on this list have not seen before is the cd thing they will fix it my bet !

mandatory installs !!!!
    This does not mean A full game in stall it will be the same as ps3 and 360 now , it installs the amount the dev,s deem you need too to play the game same as now !

At least the way I read it !

Most of the rest ps3 did not have at first either came over time same will be true my guess and what was the last time you got a new console it did not need a update things change external hard drive + and - there yes more storage ( - )  would cause more latency or lag  in the system if used for the games to run off of !

Last edited by Repo_Dog on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:20 pm

PS4 does support external drives and you can upgrade the internal one it's the xbox you can't upgrade.
    Back to top Go down
    Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ CulgiNb

If you don't know who @yosp is go look it Up.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:28 pm

coxey70 wrote:
    PS4 does support external drives and you can upgrade the internal one it's the xbox you can't upgrade.
    Nope.  PS4 does NOT support external hard drives.  Neither does the XB1.  (Not sure about XB1. Reading conflicting stuff. You can, however, replace the internal HDD on the PS4.  Not sure about the XB1.
    Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm sorry, but I think that is the awesomest reply from a big company exec ever.
    Back to top Go down
    Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:44 pm

You could also put what ever drive you what on it by using
    ATA SATA 3 Male to Female Data Power Extension Cable
    and power cable  extension with this solution you could put a 5 terabit 1000 rpm desktop drive on it  with very little latency if any to the system  !

Back to top Go down
    walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:03 pm

I'll take your word for it Repo. That's too many capitalized letters and numbers for me to understand. lol
    Back to top Go down
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Repo_Dog wrote:
    You could also put what ever drive you what on it by using
    ATA SATA 3 Male to Female Data Power Extension Cable
    and power cable  extension with this solution you could put a 5 terabit 1000 rpm desktop drive on it  with very little latency if any to the system  !

This.  Although i thiiiiiiink it's only SataII... but that seems odd to me.
    Back to top Go down
    Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 pm

It has a 5400rpm SATA II HD. They say you can replace it if it meets those standards and is no thicker than 9.5mm.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:33 am

Well, as was rumored... Sony announced that they are implementing the missing media and storage features in upcoming updates... first update (after initial day one update - f'n updates lol) to include.....

We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

Legacy headset support
    Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
    Suspend and resume play feature

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ 1376587_10151804945682804_1385326579_n-300x258

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today when Shuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTube support for video sharing. What do you think of this good news do you think Sony still needs more features to claim the living room in this next gen console war? comment below let us know. -via neoGAF, via couchjockeyz
    Back to top Go down
    TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 am

Also... Yoshi has the BEST twitter responses... pretty much ever for a corporate president lol

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ HLT9vJR
    Back to top Go down
    Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Okay, with all of these "problems" that are getting fixed immediately, this "Disappointing" PS4 thread is turning into fanboi? drivel.

Here's one that I doubt that they will fix; why won't the PS4 take me back in time, as my younger self, and give me the invisibility powers that I'd wished for? Sony=FAIL

At this point, the most disappointing thing about the PS4 is that I have to wait two more weeks to get it. I say at this point because there are certain to be issues once the console is in the wild, but they've done a decent job of taking care of the obvious issues.

I'm also curious to see how they handle the PSN now that it's paid. Right now I have a 50-70Mbps down internet speed on a laptop when plugged into the same Ethernet connection as I use for my PS3. The PS3 is wired to an access point but, because my nearest connection to the PSN is in L.A., I'm getting 10-20 down on that same connection.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ   Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony's Disappointing PS4 FAQ
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next