Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Out of Action for a while

Go down 
+10
Spartan Runnerr
BlackDeath
Dubious Baller
IronKneebone
Sr Slampiece
Doamne01
deadmyt
indyratpack
whistlingmick27
TripleAce Andy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Out of Action for a while Empty
PostSubject: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:00 am

I haven't been online as much as I wanted this past week since my work has tapped me to go to Italy (Turin) next week. I and a couple guys have to go for a week to meet with our Italian counterparts that we're helping with a design.

It's been a busy week at work and home preping for the trip. My wife is joining me and we'll stay an extra week to see Italy. Getting back on the 29th Black Friday.

My wife is super excited for it and I am too, I just don't like being a stranger in a strange land. Don't want to be another Rick Steve in Europe, you know?

Anyone been there before? Is it safe to assume most Italians understand 'merican?

Out of Action for a while Lampoo10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
whistlingmick27

whistlingmick27

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Just call everyone paison and u should be just fine.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:16 pm

I hope you and the wife enjoy the trip.
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Just watch out for the old gypsy throw a fake baby at you and grab your wallet trick and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:26 pm

You'll find that most (almost all) of the young people speak English and will talk to you, most people our age understand and can speak English but they need to be prodded (not literally, that'll get you in Italian jail) to speak English because they don't want to mess it up, and some of the older people will understand and fewer will speak English, but they will do their damnedest to teach you Italian.

Have fun and don't worry about hitting all of the sites; go to those that are most important to you and take your time to enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:35 pm

deadmyt wrote:
Just watch out for the old gypsy throw a fake baby at you and grab your wallet trick and you'll be fine.
Better yet, take a fake baby with you, dress as a gypsy and have some fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
IronKneebone

IronKneebone

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Haven't been there in 30 years...

but it hasn't changed in a few hundred.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ironkneebone
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

I have been to Italy 4 times but never to Turin. Whether or not they understand Merican really depends on the location but definitely more of them speak Merican than we do Italian. Turin is not that far from Mediteranian cities like Nice, Cannes and Marseille. I have been to all of those and those are very nice. Some beautiful scenery too like the huge cliffs that butt up against the sea. also a lot of the old spaghetti westerns were filmed all around that area and it still has that look to it. It's easy to see it. I don't know when the Cannes film festival is but if you were to get lucky and it was going on while you are there you would definitely have to check it out. I would think it would be a short 1/2 hour to 1 hour train ride from Turin.

But if I were you and already in Europe and had a week to spare I would do my best to work my way towards the Spanish beaches, Islands even like Palma or Benidorm.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks guys, I'll watch out for the fake baby pick-pocket trick and represent the 30s abroad the best way I know how.. a big #FU and a quick sack in da face! Now that's a spicy meatball!
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:52 pm

safe travels and we expect some sort of picture with a "30" reference from over there or you'll be booted / kicked / unsubbed / unfollowed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:07 pm

That should be no problem! I'll just sport my standard issue Over30Clan T-shirt.. Oh wait, those aren't available yet -nudge nudge Wink 

Guess I'll go with plan B and tag something O30C. Pretty sure they're cool with a little #FUYEL or 'o30c wuz here' graffiti on their buildings. I hear they're great at restorations.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm

You haven't been here long enough - because some of us have a t-shirt Smile

It was special edition run that Dave did to help out a fellow clan member who's wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Anyhow its probably time for a new run of shirts I suppose. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
whistlingmick27

whistlingmick27

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Don't forget to use words like fugetaboutit and bada Bing.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 pm

whistlingmick27 wrote:
Don't forget to use words like fugetaboutit and bada Bing.
lol! reach given for that one
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:46 am

Dubious Baller wrote:
I have been to Italy 4 times but never to Turin. Whether or not they understand Merican really depends on the location but definitely more of them speak Merican than we do Italian. Turin is not that far from Mediteranian cities like Nice, Cannes and Marseille. I have been to all of those and those are very nice. Some beautiful scenery too like the huge cliffs that butt up against the sea. also a lot of the old spaghetti westerns were filmed all around that area and it still has that look to it. It's easy to see it. I don't know when the Cannes film festival is but if you were to get lucky and it was going on while you are there you would definitely have to check it out. I would think it would be a short 1/2 hour to 1 hour train ride from Turin.

But if I were you and already in Europe and had a week to spare I would do my best to work my way towards the Spanish beaches, Islands even like Palma or Benidorm.
Absolutely make your way to the spanish beaches!! I lived in Palma for like 6 months and its incredible. but if you want to party, find a way to Benidorm and of course...all hail IBIZA
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:00 pm

Yo bros! Back in action from the Italy work/vaca trip. The land of small cars, small streets, hard to find and dirty rundown bathrooms, graffiti everywhere, and lots of perfume but almost no one wears deodorant. scratch 

The sites and food were great, but after 2 weeks, glad to be back in the good ol' US of Canada!

Some whirlwind pics of our short trip if you're interested. We had 4 full days of sightseeing, of which we visited 3 cities in 3 days. Last day was in Turin where we stayed.

Bathrooms are pretty different, here I am washing my hands in the little 'mini' sink next to the toilet.. pretty handy! Laughing 
Out of Action for a while Img_8111

TripleAce and the 30s represented in Italy:
Out of Action for a while Img_8211

Gotta get the Specialty Wiener at the WienerHaus:
Out of Action for a while Img_8213

The fountain of Neptune in Bologna:
Out of Action for a while Img_8216

Gotta appreciate the intricate details of the fountain:
Out of Action for a while Img_8215

A church in Bologna was displaying some gold relics and found this interesting one:
Out of Action for a while Img_8311

This one shows the Masons / Illuminati (?) sign on the base of this one, hmm Suspect :
Out of Action for a while Img_8312

We climbed this 100m (330ft) tower in the center of Bologna:
Out of Action for a while Img_8316

Out of Action for a while Img_8315

Out of Action for a while Img_8313

The next day was Venice:
Out of Action for a while Img_8410

Might have stretched out his hat a little..
Out of Action for a while Img_8412

Out of Action for a while Img_8413

Venice at night:
Out of Action for a while Img_8510

The Colosseum in Rome:
Out of Action for a while Img_8511

Out of Action for a while Img_8512

Out of Action for a while Img_8610

Tiny cars everywhere, here is a one seater, smaller than the scooter parked next to it:
Out of Action for a while Img_8611

This one in Bologna:
Out of Action for a while Img_8310

The Egyptian museum in Turin:
Out of Action for a while Img_8711

Out of Action for a while Img_8710

Out of Action for a while Img_8712

Gonna get back in the swing of things, try to get online for Ghosts a couple nights this week. Did I miss anything major at the madhouse?
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

TripleAce Andy wrote:

Bathrooms are pretty different, here I am washing my hands in the little 'mini' sink next to the toilet.. pretty handy! Laughing 
looks like a great trip man.
I hope you're jokin, but just in case.....Was anyone kind enough to tell you that the "Mini Sink" isn't for your hands...???
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Spartan Runnerr wrote:
TripleAce Andy wrote:

I hope you're jokin, but just in case.....Was anyone kind enough to tell you that the "Mini Sink" isn't for your hands...???
Pfft, Spartan, don't be silly.. the sink has a little faucet and a drain plug and everything, what else would it be for?? Washing your feet? Neutral Wait.. do you mean it's for.. Exclamation    affraid

lol! 
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Spartan Runnerr wrote:
TripleAce Andy wrote:

looks like a great trip man.
Is it a drinking fountain? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 pm

While I was in Spain, You would have been amazed at the number of Dudes that had no idea what that little "handwashing station" was for. Far too many times I heard "hey come here, why are there two sinks in the bathroom?"
Back to top Go down
NightRiders05

NightRiders05

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:19 am

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am

Spartan Runnerr wrote:
Dubious Baller wrote:

Absolutely make your way to the spanish beaches!! I lived in Palma for like 6 months and its incredible. but if you want to party, find a way to Benidorm and of course...all hail IBIZA
wow small world, I grew up in Palma de mallorca for 5 years when I was a kid - seemed more brits than anything
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Cool pics. Looks like you had fun cracking the Da Vinci Code. Damn Illuminati and their second sinks!
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:14 pm

xXx MiGs xXx wrote:
Spartan Runnerr wrote:
Dubious Baller wrote:

wow small world, I grew up in Palma de mallorca for 5 years when I was a kid - seemed more brits than anything
I knew there had to be something i liked about you
#fumigs get off my island
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of Action for a while   Out of Action for a while Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of Action for a while
Page 1 of 1