Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Greatest War / Action Movie?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Greatest War / Action Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm

With the new Modern Warfare 3 on the way, It got me to thinking about War / Action movies..
And what is the Greatest of them all, So I thought i'd put it out there.

My personal Favourite Is Saving Private Ryan... Absolutly love that movie.
So whats your Fav Guys and Gals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:18 pm

It might not count but Band of brothers is my favourite war movie/series of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Big Red One

and

Apocalypse Now (but that's more of headfuck movie, isn't it)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 4:26 pm

agree on big red one and similar scenes when they find the camps. Lee marvin was a great actor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Loved him explaining why we have 2 balls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Generation Kill was good, not a movie but mini-series.

Off the top of my head, other than cosigning "Saving Private Ryan"
- Full Metal Jacket. The first 30-40 minutes in particular is so quotable.
- Glory
- Blackhawk Down
- Platoon
- The Thin Red Line
- The Great Escape

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm

FMJ - cool as fuck

Saving Private Ryan - My favourite war film

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Saving Private Ryan and Blackhawk Down are my two favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:55 pm

Apocalypse Now

The Deer Hunter

Das Boot

All Quiet on the Western Front

The Longest Day

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Jay and Fran named some really good ones that I enjoy. Saving Private Ryan is number 2 on my list, but my all-time favorite is The Longest Day. The Pacific is another good series
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 pm

some great movies listed here, you named all mine but i gotta add we were soldiers and full metal jacket. hunt for red october so classic and courage under fire and rules of engagement even though they arent really considered war movies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Two others that are not about the war action but were awesome movies are Schindler's List and Deer Hunter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Platoon,We were Soldiers, and Hamburger Hill are a few good ones as well. Saving Private Ryan is my fav though with Blackhawk Down a close second.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Always loved Red Dawn! TAPS was a close second growing up (not really war but a lot of action).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Don't forget about Forrest Gump. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Dont mention forest, it makes me cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:33 am

Wow I forgot about some of these movies mentioned. I'll have to get downloading..
What was that film with Jude Law in as a Russian sniper? That was really good.

And what about erm Commando haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:10 am

JenoJay wrote:
Wow I forgot about some of these movies mentioned. I'll have to get downloading..
What was that film with Jude Law in as a Russian sniper? That was really good.

And what about erm Commando haha

Wasn't Enemy at the Gates or something like that was it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 am

Ahhuahhuuahh.......Get to the choppa! Anything with the governator/Arnie is gonna be an amazing movie!

Let's not forget Rambo flicks too.

On a serious note, most of my favorites have been named, tv series and movies.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:36 am

Only the brave {A searing portrait of war and prejudice, 'Only the Brave' takes you on a haunting journey into the hearts and minds of the forgotten heroes of WWII - the Japanese-American 100th/442nd, During their two years of combat these men received an unparalleled 21 Medals of Honor, 9,486 Purple Hearts, 8 Presidential Citations, 53 Distinguished Service Crosses, 588 Silver Stars and 5,200 Bronze stars - making them the most decorated unit of their size in American military history}

Sergeant York

The Guns of Navarone

The Great Escape

The Train

Zulu

The Dirty Dozen

Battle of Britain

Cross of Iron

The Big Red One

Glory

Letters From Iwo Jima/Flags of Our Fathers

The Hurt Locker

And more Smile love the war films specialy ones best on fact.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:32 am

I used to love military movies as a kid. Now I can't stand them. No offense to anyone who enjoys them, but every movie that tries to be "real" I have seen is complete and utter horseshit. Been there, got the t-shirt. For fun, action thoughtless movie I would have to say my favorite was last years The Expendables. Not a true war movie, but a very nice, campy action flick. Can't wait for the sequel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 am

MANIC wrote:
Apocalypse Now (but that's more of headfuck movie, isn't it)

This movie is based on Conrad's book "Heart of Darkness" Book is really good. Kubrick does a great job of translating the themes of that story.

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Been there, got the t-shirt.

We are thankful. While the movies are likely to be cartoonish representations of what was really going on I think they are at least better about getting civilians to have a slightly better understanding of what servicemen are going through. While we will never really know, it al least helps us to be more clued into what kind of sacrifice people are making even if they do make it home in one piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 am

Cant believe these two werent mentioned so I'll give them some love.

Letters from Iwo Jima. (If you havent seen this I suggest you do) This is the battle of Iwo Jima on the Japanese side. It is in english subtitles)

Flags of our Fathers. (This is the American side of the Battle of Iwo Jima)

Full Metal Jacket just because Robert Lee Emery is a fucking savage in any movie he plays in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am

My favorite character from Saving Private Ryan

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Here ya go Vegas
Greatest War / Action Movie? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDKjJvuYTWN9-Us0snqEDzUA_vxGW7KGSCUDqJeiPaMGmGqc3FSQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest War / Action Movie?   Greatest War / Action Movie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest War / Action Movie?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next