Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Suggestions for a PS4 headset

Go down 
+11
gpfreak
MOMof_TWO
TheCanisDirus
Kamea6
stoliker
Killer_Ka-Boom
Jman
walldoggy
pogotheklown
Repo_Dog
DudeImOnTV
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DudeImOnTV

DudeImOnTV

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Suggestions for a PS4 headset Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 am

Anybody have a headset for their PS4 they like? Right now I'm using some nice headphones plugged into the controller, but they don't have mic. My sony-branded ps3 headphones don't work with the new system, so I'm looking at alternatives, with the turtle beach px4 leading the pack.

What is everyone else using?
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 am

the sony pulse headsets work by pluging them  in to the controller with the head phone jack cable and using the mine usb until they get a patch for them to work the right way ( aka blue tooth ) sound is not as good this way but still good when they get the patch if ever like the ps3 sett up they are as good as any brand I have used !
Back to top Go down
pogotheklown

pogotheklown

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 31

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:46 am

I ordered the PX4. I should have here Monday. I'll let you know if it's worth the price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pogotheklown
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:53 am

I think only the Pulse Elite has the capability to connect to the controller.  The regular Pulses do not.

For the PS3, I was using the Turtle Beach PX21.  Liked it well enough, even though it was wired.  I went through two of them as they broke (and I repaired them).  The PX21 will work with the PS4, I just need to get the chat cable.  Rather than do that, I decided to get another headset, preferably wireless this time around.

First, I tried the Astro A50 headset.  Pretty good, very comfy.  The only downside was there was no voice monitoring (i.e. I couldn't hear myself talk in the headset), so it was a no go for me.  If that's not a big deal for you, then I would recommend trying it out. I got mine at Best Buy and they price matched with Amazon: $220. But I did end up returning them.

Next I got the Turtle Beach PX4.  Pretty good, has voice monitoring.  Have to connect it to the controller, but it works well enough.  Nice surround sound.  Not quite as comfy as the Astros, nor is the build quality as good, but it is also only $150. For this price, for a wireless headset, I would recommend it.  Battery life is good. I've charged it once to start and played several days now and not had to charge them.

If the Astros weren't $100 more and had voice monitoring, I would have kept that one, but all in all, the PX4s work just fine and are at a price point ($150) that was within my budget.  Hopefully, it can go full wireless at some point. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Jman

Jman

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Any of the turtle beach ones. I think I got my P11 for $39 on sale, it worked with the PS3 and it works with the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Killer_Ka-Boom

Killer_Ka-Boom

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:34 pm

I have the PX4 its nice and comfortable has separate volume controls and a good mic works great on both the ps3 and ps4, I had to order a optic splitter so I would not have to keep switch the optic cable. The only bad thing is the Bluetooth chat does not work on the ps4 yet but you can plug it in the the controller and talk that way. wireless and Bluetooth u can play and talk on your phone if you chose to
Back to top Go down
stoliker

stoliker

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:21 pm

I suggest waiting until sony gives us a patch. The only reason our old headsets arent working is because they want people like us to rush out and fork over another 100 plus dollars. Im a stubborn sob, ill wait and continue wearing that earbud mic under my px5s until we get something.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 1:35 pm

stoliker wrote:
I suggest waiting until sony gives us a patch.  The only reason our old headsets arent working is because they want people like us to rush out and fork over another 100 plus dollars.  Im a stubborn sob,  ill wait and continue wearing that earbud mic under my px5s until we get something.  
But what are we supposed to buy? There is no Sony headset that works with the PS4. So are they really trying to drive us to Turtle Beach or Astro? I think it's just one of those things that hasn't received attention because the number of gamers that actually use headsets is probably small compared to the whole population that buys consoles.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:01 pm

got my A50'S yesterday and i love them. got them through ebay for 200.00 straight from astro in refurbished condition, which makes no difference to me because they look brand new. as for the voice monitoring, not an issue for me because i've been using the playstation pulse headsets, which just recently went dead on me because it's no longer taking a charge, and it does'nt have that option. so atleast now i'm mic'd up on my ps4. and if need be fall back to my ps3, which has'nt been much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
stoliker

stoliker

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Ive been reading about this for a few months now.  I do understand that there are a handful of sets that are compatible but why on earth would it be that way.  Im just going to wait and see before i buy.  Just makes no sense to me.
 I would think companies like turtlebeach would have been all over sony to get their brand compatible,  aside from the px4.  Astro must be loving this.  
As far as the people using headsets,  im pretty sure that if you rushed to get a ps4 or xbox at lauch there is a good chance you are a devoted gamer and with only a few A list titles, cod and bf,  id think the majority use headsets.  Im sure a patch will come.  If you are on the market for an upgraded headset,  wait.  Unless you have the 250 plus to spend on astros.  Most people just want a decent set and i dont understand how sony could overlook this.  Isn't this console designed, like sony claimed, with "gamers in mind".
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:43 pm

stoliker wrote:
Ive been reading about this for a few months now.  I do understand that there are a handful of sets that are compatible but why on earth would it be that way.  Im just going to wait and see before i buy.  Just makes no sense to me.
    I would think companies like turtlebeach would have been all over sony to get their brand compatible,  aside from the px4.  Astro must be loving this.  
    As far as the people using headsets,  im pretty sure that if you rushed to get a ps4 or xbox at lauch there is a good chance you are a devoted gamer and with only a few A list titles, cod and bf,  id think the majority use headsets.  Im sure a patch will come.  If you are on the market for an upgraded headset,  wait.  Unless you have the 250 plus to spend on astros.  Most people just want a decent set and i dont understand how sony could overlook this.  Isn't this console designed, like sony claimed, with "gamers in mind".
Almost every single TB headset works on the PS4. If you already have a TB set all you need is their $7.00 PS4 chat cable to enable chat... they're including that in all their sets now making them effectively, PS4 sets as well. You can check them out at the sight.

That said, i'm waiting for a Sony PS4 native bluetooth version... aka the next Pulse Elites.
Back to top Go down
stoliker

stoliker

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm

A 8 dollar cable connected to my controller. It's kinda lame and defeats the purpose of having a Bluetooth wireless headset. Yes I'm bitter...lol.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Kamea6 wrote:
got my A50'S yesterday and i love them. got them through ebay for 200.00 straight from astro in refurbished condition, which makes no difference to me because they look brand new. as for the voice monitoring, not an issue for me because i've been using the playstation pulse headsets, which just recently went dead on me because it's no longer taking a charge, and it does'nt have that option. so atleast now i'm mic'd up on my ps4. and if need be fall back to my ps3, which has'nt been much.
Yeah, the Astros are nice. I just couldn't deal with the voice monitoring. But otherwise, I would have totally kept them.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:51 pm

stoliker wrote:
A 8 dollar cable connected to my controller.  It's kinda lame and defeats the purpose of having a Bluetooth wireless headset. Yes I'm bitter...lol.  
Suggestions for a PS4 headset 13438710

It's ok... It will all get fixed one day.  lol
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:04 pm

Hahaha epic use of that card Wall...

ANd yeah it will get sorted soon. But they are focusing on the more pressing issues at the moment like the network etc.
Back to top Go down
stoliker

stoliker

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 pm

walldoggy wrote:
stoliker wrote:
A 8 dollar cable connected to my controller.  It's kinda lame and defeats the purpose of having a Bluetooth wireless headset. Yes I'm bitter...lol.  
Suggestions for a PS4 headset 13438710

It's ok... It will all get fixed one day.  lol

That is pretty much exactly how I look on a daily basis.  Btw.  I completely went against everything I said I wouldn't do and bought Astros last night.  So not only am I a bitter old drunk wearing 18th century clothing, I'm also a hypocrite.  Great way to introduce myself to this clan.  "i won't buy new headphones, blah blah blah!". 4 hours later,  'folds'...oh well I sold my px5's for a great price.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Astro's for the win! you're gonna love them stoliker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 pm

stoliker wrote:
So not only am I a bitter old drunk wearing 18th century clothing, I'm also a hypocrite.  Great way to introduce myself to this clan.  "i won't buy new headphones, blah blah blah!". 4 hours later,  'folds'...oh well I sold my px5's for a great price.
lol. Methinks you'll fit right in. lol
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:48 pm

walldoggy wrote:
stoliker wrote:
So not only am I a bitter old drunk wearing 18th century clothing, I'm also a hypocrite.  Great way to introduce myself to this clan.  "i won't buy new headphones, blah blah blah!". 4 hours later,  'folds'...oh well I sold my px5's for a great price.
lol.  Methinks you'll fit right in.  lol
Yeah i'm just plain bitter.... ask around... oh and a #PS4FANBOI... brother from another mother.
Back to top Go down
MOMof_TWO

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Just needed one more post. Didn't find anything to respond to but this. I haven't been able to connect my turtle beaches with my ps4 and according to this post there's a cable I can buy?
Back to top Go down
Killer_Ka-Boom

Killer_Ka-Boom

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:32 pm

MOMof_TWO You will need a male to male cord with a 3.5 mm on one end and a 2.5 mm on the other
if its like my tb headset that is what I needed
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
MOMof_TWO

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 pm

Thank you so much ! Will get one on Friday.
Back to top Go down
gpfreak

gpfreak

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 am

I've been using Astro A50's since there release date and I'm super happy with mine. I had the turtle beach MW3 edition and they lasted all of 2 months before the "issues" began.

The only downside of the Astros aside from the price, is Mac updates come much much much later.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gpfreakps3
Zero Titan1

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 am

I'm a little frustrated that they do not support their own wireless head set at launch. They must be waiting for everyone to go out and buy new before the patch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for a PS4 headset   Suggestions for a PS4 headset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a PS4 headset
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next