Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Game freezing issues

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Game freezing issues Empty
PostSubject: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Hey, for the last 3 to 4 weeks all of a sudden any public game I try to play within the first min or two the match freezes. I use to get the dreaded white plug non-connection picture every now and then. But now I can't even play one match without it freezing.

I tried other games and I don't have this issue. I even bought another copy of BO to see maybe if this was the case but I still have the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this recently? I have tried everything, re-set router, cleaned the game disc with game cleaner.

I am out of ideas and for the love of god I just want to play one match.
Thanks for any help

Pusherman521
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 pm

I figured it out. Every game I have works fine, DVD's work fine. So at first I thought it was the game file, so I first tried to delete the game file and then re-install it. Nope, that did not work.

Then I remembered about safe mode. So I put my PS3 into safe mode, then I choose the option, repair hard drive, cause I think its a hard drive problem but with just BO. So I took a chance and tried it.

Guess what so far it works. I just played and completed my first public match in weeks without the game freezing in the first 2-3 minutes.

I am not sure exactly why this worked but I took an educated guess and so far it is working.

Pusherman521
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Glad to hear that. Odd that only BO was corrupted and that reinstalling the game file didn't fix the issue. When you safe mode started it and repaired the hard drive did you get any error messages or information that the hard drive was corrupted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:03 pm

SOB!!!!!

Well, it did work for only about 45 minutes and then every time I entered a match within the first few minutes it would freeze. I even tried to repair the hard drive again in safe mode but now that is not working. Then I tried to repair the game file in safe mode, again that did not work.

So, I am all out of ideas. I search all over the internet, in every kind of message board I could find and nothing I have tried has worked.

I have no idea what the hell is going on and at this point I am very frustrated. Yet for some reason I can play Portal 2 for 2 hours and then watch a DVD but for the love of god I can not play black ops, WTF.

I am going to do one more thing and that is delete my game save. Yes, I know, I will lose my 15 prestige and everything I have worked to get. It is my last resort. If this does not work then I will give up and wait until MW3 is released.

Wish me luck
Pusherman521
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 pm

See my post. Either your HDD is failing, like mine did in which case you will need a new one, or you are overheating.

Tell us more about the vintage of your machine so we can offer some ideas.

And you won't lose your online stats if you delete your game saves, they are online. But you will lose your single player data.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:09 pm

What year machine? What size harddrive. 40g, 60g, 80g etc? Fat PS3 or slim?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:58 am

its a fat PS3, 80GB. I think it is 2008. I already replaced the hard drive maybe about 10 months or so ago, can't remember off hand but it has been less than a year.

This was my worry that I would have to do this again. I was trying to cover all my bases first and trying to avoid doing this again. I think after all these years and untold number of hours of game play, it maybe time to replace the PS3 with a new one.

Even if I replace it again, most likely this will happen again in a year's time or maybe sooner.

I think it is time to just get a new one, I am sure they have better tech in them now. I see it slowly getting worse but I can still watch DVD's.

Oh well, thanks everyone for trying.

Pusherman521
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:01 am

Your hard drive should be fine then. The only other thing you can try is to replace the heatsink compound. Fatbrowndog is selling his heatsink compound for $10. That or by a new PS3 for $250.
https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t911-how-to-replace-the-thermal-compound-on-your-ps3?highlight=replace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 am

True. Brand new unopened tube of the good stuff. Just PM me your address and I'll drop in the mail for you. It can be hard to find some places, and from what I've seen, you do not want to use the more easily found Dynex Silicon based stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Enjoy that Thermal stuff i deal with it daily and dont get it on you're clothes because i will not come out. Joy's of working as a Tare down agent at Geek squad haha. And i agree brown that dynex stuff sucks its kinda runny and dont work very well i tried to use it on my 360 when i had a red ring and nothing but a huge mess!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game freezing issues   Game freezing issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game freezing issues
Page 1 of 1