Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

11-11-11 Can't wait!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

11-11-11 Can't wait! Empty
PostSubject: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ7lmWc14uo

For when you clowns are not on so I don't have to run with randumbs. I am actually more excited to play this game than MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm

I didn't play Oblivion but did play Morrowind. I was thinking about picking this up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 3:15 pm

I started with morrowwind and then oblivion. Loved them both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 am

So I finally got my hands on Skyrim this weekend and it is awesome, if your into that type of game. Totally open world with tons of stuff to do and little things to learn. I know cavesitter has been playing not sure about anyone else. I think this game will be around for a while with me. If I get frustrated with crap MW3 then I will no doubt slip this in for a while to calm down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm on Skyrim as well. It get frustrating at times though... my save file is approaching 8MB and after playing a while it lags/stutters and sometimes freezes at the loading screen. I don't want to turn autosave off (and I save often) because nothing sucks more than moving into a new area or crawling through a dungeon for a surprise rape at the end and you lose that progress. Sad

I'm a Khajiit currently because I usually go thief/assassin type in these game. I like sneaking around, pickpocketing, lockpicking, archery, daggers, etc.

[Edit: There are so many glitches/exploits possible in the game as well... buying homes for free instead of 5K, shouting bosses off mountaintops, etc.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

I don't buy the guide books or look for the cheats/glitches/exploits so I still have fun finding new stuff out. I still have no idea what to do with the dragon bones, I think the scales will be used in armour but not sure. I started with the basic imperial sword/shield and always sneak around with a bow for the 2x first shot damage. By sneaking with a bow at long range even with heavy armour you can still get a pretty high sneak level.

As for saving I only use 3 saves, town, outside (mine, cave, fort, ect.) inside and save over them as needed and yes I save a lot, last night I killed a dragon, forgot to save right away and must have missed something behind me because as I was about to collect the gold, bones and scales 1 hit and I was dead.

I like the smithing and alchemy but havent gotten into the enchanting or spells of any sort. I really need to step out of my comfort zone and create a character that I have never used in any of the games before. Mostly just a hack and slash kind of guy with a ranged first attack. I may need to try a theif or wizard type character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm

I think pure mage is pretty hard. I have maxed smithing and you can get to 100 on either side of the perk tree for smithing, which depends on if you prefer light or heavy armor. The dragon bones are heavy, I store all of my stuff in the chest at the house in Whiterun (Breezehome). Since I am a thief mainly I use light armor, and the good thing about smithing 100 is you can make a heavy dragon set or a light dragon set and they're pretty much some of the best armor in the game, depending on what enchantments you put on them (and upgrading them through having 100 smithing and a set of +fortify smithing gear... and drinking a fortify smithing potion doesn't hurt when you're at the workbenches and grindstone as well).

I didn't buy the guide either, I just noticed funny things/glitches that happened while playing normally. One thing I noticed is if you can avoid some hassle if you sneak up to Draugr and hit them. At this point I have the 15X sneak damage from the sneak perks tree and a pair of gloves that gives me 2X damage from an optional faction side quest line, i.e. so when I creep up and sneak attack stuff, it usually 1 shots them because it's a 30X damage multiplier.

Smithing is easy to level up, just make iron daggers. Leather straps + iron ingot - dagger, and a good chunk of skill. Someone said on gamefaqs it takes 460 iron daggers to hit 100 smithing. Enchantment is a good skill to have too... so is alchemy. You can max everything out I think to 100 but you only have so many points to put into perks so you can't get every available perk. I think playing a pure mage is probably one of the hardest ways to play the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 am

I havent tried to enchant anything yet, and I just started over because I didn't like how my character was shaping up. So what tips do you have on enchanting as I have never done it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Disenchant stuff you find in the field if it looks like it has a useful enchantment you don't know yet, like +fire, +frost, +shock for weapons, +paralyze eventually will pop up and nothing is funnier than putting +paralyze on a bow, and getting a sneak shot on a bandit sentry standing in a tower and he locks up, paralyzed, and goes plummeting off the tower to his death...

You get skill from both enchanting and disenchanting stuff. You may want +light armor or +heavy armor on some of your armor, +health regeneration, +health, +stamina regen, +magicka, +fortify carry weight, etc. It depends on how you're playing your character. The higher your enchant skill goes though the better the results on your gear (having some of the perks in the enchant tree helps).

A good moneymaker is putting a Banish enchantment on a weapon and selling it (Banish is the one that sends Daedra under a certain level back to Oblivion). Merchants restock gold after 48 hours, so if they don't have enough to buy stuff you need to sell, just wait 24+wait 24 and sell the stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Hmm just by reading this it interests me. Is this like a mmorpg?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am

No, not an MMORPG, it's a western-style RPG/first person action by Bethesda Softworks (they made Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout: New Vegas, etc.).

I think one of the most fun things about the game is the shout ability. It has to do with the plot but you learn words in the dragon language from different walls around the world of Skyrim (some outside, some in dungeons), that can do different things, like slow time, fast sprint, fire breath, ice breath, freeze breath, a force-push type of breath, etc. So you're fighting some boss on a mountain top and he's really giving you a hard time... get him close to the edge and "Unrelenting Force" shout him off the mountaintop to his demise (that's the force-push-esque shout).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 am

Since I started over I have yet to kill the first dragon with this new character, been doing lots of side quests and stuff. Joined the theives, companions and am starting on the college. Lots of cool stuff to do. still havent done an enchantment yet, but made some legendary ebony armor and weapons. I guess once I get 100 smithing i will start to knock off a few dragons to get the supplies to make more aromr. Really like this game and almost would rather play this than mw3, The only reason I played some MW3 yesterday was that I saw a few people playing that I havent talked to in a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:33 am

Just picked this up on the weekend. I have to say, I have been having more fun in Skyrim than I was in MW3. Part of it is that, if I get on for e.g. 1 hour, I actually get to play the game for 1 hour, as opposed to MW3 where it's 40 mins lobby time and maybe 2 games in an hour Smile

But anyways, Skyrim is cool and if you are at all interested in RPG you should pick it up. You will definitely get your money's worth in terms of playtime.

A nice reference in case you are looking for info:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:50 am

I picked it up last week and should get back to playing it more.

My only problem with the Scrolls games are playing with character "A" for a while and then wanting to try something else, never fully loving the character. Almost too many options.

For those that were asking, Skyrim is a sandbox roleplaying game where you can basically go anywhere you want and do tons and tons of sidequests/wandering and not even touch the main quest. You can wander across mountains, plains and such on horseback or foot and discover a lot of bandit camps, underground caves and dungeons.

I have a 100% only high elf mage and a thiefy dual wielding Breton at the moment.

Now I'm debating wanting to roll with an uber armored fighter/cleric type or a Conan type with light armor and a mega 2 handed sword.

I can just never make up my mind and get past the first 2 hours or so of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 10:59 am

Put this on my Christmas list (b/c I really can't think of anything else I want) and will be getting it in 2 weeks. Once that happens I'll probably have to wrestle with MW3, Skyrim, and Assassin's Creed for playing time. Plus I have FF6 and Zelda: Link to the Past on our Wii and if my wife decides she wants to play we have the Lego games....so many games, so little time... Oh to be a kid again... I am definitely looking forward to Skyrim and hope they patch some of the things before I get on board with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

I traded in my preorder of Skyrim for MW3 so I could play with the clan. However I have finally picked it up!! It has been well worth the wait. So far I am level 19, killed multiple dragons. Having a fucking blast. I am a duel wielding, light armored fast melee player.

I have yet to do any magic (aside from shouting my ass off at everything that looks at me funny and using my vampire or werewolf powers).

Where would I start if wanted to branch my character out into using magic?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:44 pm

I believe you seek the College of Winterhold...pretty sure that's it. I get my Skyrim info from IGN.com or http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 am

A buddy of mine just got this game...he says it's great...I can't bring another distraction into my life right now or I will never finish school...but I'd really like to play it.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:13 am

How do you think this will hold up against Final Fantasy XIII-2? I'm considering another game and would like to get into something rpg-ish.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 am

I havent played a final fantasy since 10 I think. It was ps1 I remeberr that much. Any way I like elder scrolls alot better. It really depends what your looking for elderscrolls is more of a do what ever u eant g.t.a style where I think final fantsey is a little more story based.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Skyrim/Elder Scrolls is such a large world and game! So much to see and do, customization of your character, skills to learn and cool shit to find or kill...like dragons. I'm trying to balance my time between Skyrim, MW3, Assassin's Creed, and still need to finish a few other game plus my NCAA Football Dynasty Season (go Gators!).

My uncle just gave me his copy of FF XIII b/c he wasn't a fan really. I have been a FF fan since the original on NES (then played the Japanese versions of 2 & 3 on the NES...couldn't read a damn thing but was still fun) then moved on to FF 6 on the SNES...never had a PS. Even played the Gameboy versions - Final Fantasy Legend 1,2, & 3. So this will be my first PS3 foray into and I'm not sure how I'll like it...jumping, guns, paradigm shifts, etc. just need to find time.

I definitely recommend Skyrim though!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
Skyrim/Elder Scrolls is such a large world and game! So much to see and do, customization of your character, skills to learn and cool shit to find or kill...like dragons. I'm trying to balance my time between Skyrim, MW3, Assassin's Creed, and still need to finish a few other game plus my NCAA Football Dynasty Season (go Gators!).

My uncle just gave me his copy of FF XIII b/c he wasn't a fan really. I have been a FF fan since the original on NES (then played the Japanese versions of 2 & 3 on the NES...couldn't read a damn thing but was still fun) then moved on to FF 6 on the SNES...never had a PS. Even played the Gameboy versions - Final Fantasy Legend 1,2, & 3. So this will be my first PS3 foray into and I'm not sure how I'll like it...jumping, guns, paradigm shifts, etc. just need to find time.

I definitely recommend Skyrim though!
The reviews said FF XIII was much more linear is what you could do. FFXIII-2 is supposed to be way more open-ended and open for exploration, etc. But it seems like Skyrim is crazy long (100+ hours lol) and lots of things to do.

Maybe once the price comes down a bit I'll get that. Would cut into MW3 tho... pale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 am

I think I saw a post somewhere that JxVegas was playing FF13-2. He might be albe to give you pointers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:37 pm

So on another thread I posted about getting Black Ops again but my wife gave me the green light on a game purchase. I think it will be Skyrim. She wants Kingdoms of Amalur. She said yes to 2 games as long as it's non CoD like...LOL

cheers for me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:30 pm

+1 to your wife! Somebody on here is playing Amalur...it's justyourhero who is playing it....can't remember but it is somebody on my FL. I don't think you'll regret Skyrim. It's so easy to get immersed and explore.

Last edited by OldSchoolNESfan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11-11-11 Can't wait!   11-11-11 Can't wait! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

11-11-11 Can't wait!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next