Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

SmartPhone Choice

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 am

I'm loooking to upgrade to a smartphone and I'm considering a Blackberry Curve, Bold or an iPhone. I was told to stay away from the Torch.

My friends at work said I should look into the iPhone. What would you guys recommend.

The main reason will be for business email, but I'm going to use it for personal stuff as well. Streaming some music at work and browsing...,.you know checking the 30 forums.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 am

I've had a blackberry curve and something called a Sci-Phone (iPhone clone) and I can't explain how much I enjoyed the BB. At that time I couldn't stand the whole "all touch screen" fad. My contract comes up next month so now I'm looking at one of the HTC phones. It seems many people use the iPhone as it does so much, so, between your 2 choices I would go with that.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:39 am

I know everyone wants to hate on iPhones...but if you're looking for simplicity and seamless integration along with having an Ipod...do the iPhone. As for business mail it'll be a breeze and no headaches and streaming music with it couldn't be any easier...

I'll say this as well...with my iPhone 3g I had to hack it to do the things I wanted...Now with Iphone 4, no complaints at all.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:32 am

I also have an iphone 4 and use it for work, and 4 other email accounts. Just wish it was 4g, but 3g really does work fine for most things. Iphone 5 will have 4g but that's still...early next year I think.

It's highly breakable though so buy a good case.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 am

I wouldn't say it's too fragile...considering I work in a warehouse, but yeah, be mindful of your pricey little toy in your pocket and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:19 am

Your right, so let me rephrase it. It's a glass like material on the outside, so more than likely if you drop it without a case there is a high probability of damage. With a case I've managed to drop it on asphalt a couple times and have it survive just fine.

Just wish it did flash though...
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:20 am

I've got a BlackBerry and can't wait till my contract is up to get an iphone if that says anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 am

No kidding about FLASH...both of those companies are like a bunch of selfish children
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am

My self i have a Droid...and i love it...I can carry a lower $ data plan...I have heard the Iphone's is high...but not sure how high... I'm on Verizon so...my data is only 30 bucks....I like the Android op system.... I think as far as price is I will go with another Droid when this one kicks the bucket...lol....
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:06 pm

I had a blackberry. Hated it. Upgraded to a HTC thunderbolt (droid 2.2). Love it. So easy to use, faster. Just a better phone. Email is very smooth. I am very pleased with it. Get a hard case to protect it. That goes for any touch screen phone. Never was an apple fanboi but there is a reason so many iphones have been sold. Best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:56 pm

I have the iPhone 4 with an Otterbox case, had the 3gs with the Otterbox and that case saved me numerous times, if you get and iPhone, go onto amazon and order one RIGHT away, cheaper there. Like Manic said, easy to use and you can have a ton of email on the thing...
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I have a Droid X and LOVE it!! I had a blackberry curve before and I HATED it because it couldn't do anything. If you want a smartphone from Verizon, you'd better act quick because I believe they are getting rid of the unlimited data plan for new customers soon. Any smartphone is good these days, so it's just a choice of iPhone vs Android. I prefer Android because I'm a googlehead. The Android phone seamlessly integrates with google apps such as gmail, gcalendar, gvoice and the like. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

I have a iPhone and it's good if you use iTunes. The only thing I don't like about it is. If you get a video sent to you and want to put it on your computer. You cannot Bluetooth it to your computer. It works fine for email. Its ok for surfing the net but you will need to get a app for watching some videos.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:48 pm

I have an iPhone and love it. Mine is the 3GS. And I am posting with it right now. Definitely get an otter box with it. The cheapest ones are on cell guru dot com.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:27 am

i use the new bb curve 9000 and im now gonna turn into a advert for them lol this phone is the dogs dangley's i can open a multitude of tabs at the same time. so i got fb on one you guys on another and watch a vid through you tube then come out of tinternet and put music on then leave music playing while i play a mobile game bubble birds i get emails to tell me you guys are posting and then go to browser to the tab (still open) and post then go back to the game with music running the whole time Very Happy
i had the 8520 before and thought that was pretty cool but when i got this omg the stuff you can do/veiw is much better and way cool lol it also tells me when all me mates birthdays are from fb and email addresses of everyone. the viewing is ten times better than its predecessor ive watched full films on it perfectly. and the camera is much better than before too Very Happy oh and it bounces too, im a nightmare when it comes to breaking phones, i cant have a touch screen lol

so in a nutshell id get the new bb well worth it..

oh and if you want add me at the same time .. 27A70B32 thats to anyone in the clan.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 am

I'm with Shorty on this ..except I've got the New Bold ..again NOT touch screen .Its 3G and does everything Shorty says ...multi page browser ..messenger ..emails..and take calls at the same time .Bet I drop mine more than you Shorty ! Basketball
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:44 am

http://www.samsunggalaxy-s2.com/
I actually use this phone, I like it since it's very fast on the internetz Very Happy and I didn't have to pay extra for it with my phone subscription..
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:24 am

I think realistically if your main purpose is email and messaging, you get a Blackberry. If you want to play Angry Birds, you get an Android or iPhone.

The iPhone is nice because there isn't a new one coming out every 2 days where as the sites I visit have many Andriod manufacturer phone reviews constantly.

http://www.bgr.com/

http://www.engadget.com/
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 am

I go thru phones like underwear, so here's my .02:

Initially I was a blackberry disciple because it is an email workhorse. When the Droid came out, I decided it was a perfect fit for me because it had the touch screen beauty and apps of an iphone, but still had the keyboard if I wanted to pound out long emails. When Verizon finally came out with the iPhone it was around the same time I had dropped my droid and cracked the case. I asked the rep what he recommended between the top droid, blackberry and iphone, and he said iphone4. Hands down.

I reluctantly went with the iphone 4 and have never looked back. My concerns about not having a true keyboard were quickly put to rest. I actually type faster and with fewer typos than with a blackberry keyboard. And the apps are absolutely incredible. I can start my car with my phone...turn on the spa in my pool with my phone...watch netflix movies on my phone. And of course it's great for emails. I have 3 accounts on it and they work seamlessly. It's also an ipod, so you have that going for you as a bonus.

Simply put, the iphone is the most useful piece of technology I've ever owned. Bar none. The only downside as other posters have mentioned is that it does not support Flash, but that's such a small inconvenience it's not worth mentioning.

I don't like bulky cases, so I found a great case online that is clear and just protects the corners in the event you drop it. I also went with the invisible shield screen protector. It's a bit more costly, but offers unbeatable protection. Hope this helps you make your decision.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:05 am

I had no idea the BB was able to do all that. Like I said, I had the curve and it couldn't show a video larger than a postage stamp and certainly not if it needed flash. I agree that the BB is an email workhorse.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:30 am

I have a Droid X love it. Had a Blackberry Storm 2 befor and hated it. Froze up all the time. If ATT had better service in my area I would get the Iphone, but living in the sticks nothing gets much servie. Even with verizon I lose signel every so often. Go with Iphone if you have the coverage in your area or Droid.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:51 am

@ shawn...
My old man has a place there in Midland, and I remember he would not even answer his phone while he was up there (serviced sucked that bad). Didn't Verizon just up the service in the area???
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Android all the way! I've had several iphones and I haven't regretted switching to the android once. I currently have the HTC inspire. love it.
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:18 pm

If you plan on using it for streaming music and really want to use all the features of your smartphone I would start by figuring out which company has the best data plan deal and go from there. I heard on the news last week that a lot of companies were no longer offering Unlimited Data. I know if you're under contract, like me, with a company (AT&T) offering Unlimited Data then they will grandfather you in however all new contracts were going to have limited data plans, and then bill you out the whazoo in overages. BTW streaming music and video will run through a 2GB plan in like an hour according to something I heard on TV. Those are the bandwidth robbers these companies are trying to stop.

As for phone preference, I have the iPhone 4, I had 2 iPhone 3's. I can't imagine having anything else. I don't know what your computer preference is but if you're like me and use Apple products already the iPhone is the natural choice because of it's integration of communication with other networking devices like my MacBook and iPad. Apple recently came out with the iCloud which is cross-integration of all Apple systems as far as being able to access files anywhere on any machine with your iPhone or MacBook or iPad, it's still a bit in it's infancy and I don't quite fully understand it but it's a cool concept. Also, the iPhone iOS 5 (read "i" Operating System for iPhone and iPad) comes out this fall and it's supposed to be a big leap in software, you can check it out on their website. I can't speak for Droid or HTC but it seems apple probably about every 9 months will come out with a pretty substantial software update instead of messing with new hardware.

I think there's something to be said about Apple only focusing on one smartphone product at a time. They put all of their time and energy towards it's functionality. Droid has a lot of devices as does blackberry and HTC, which would make me a bit wary of their product from a consumer standpoint. iPhone 4 with iOS 5 in a couple months and you'll be set!
Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Have a Samsung Fascinate great phone I compare it to the iphone. (Boy Im gonna take some s### for that one). The phone is all touch screen and very light and keyboard has swype were you dont have to stop and spell words leave fingers on keyboard swype and it spells it out for you . But in all in March I will be getting the iphone due to all the music I have on itunes. Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SmartPhone Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmartPhone Choice   SmartPhone Choice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SmartPhone Choice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next