Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Claymore or Bouncing Betty?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Empty
PostSubject: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I'm thinking about using a token on one eventually. I have yet to unlock the claymore so I was wondering which was more useful for covering your tail? Any opinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:38 pm

Personally I prefer the claymore, it's quicker to go off and has a larger kill radius IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Claymore blows up big. Betty not as much. Hove not logged a bunch of kills with either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 pm

There are two counters to these explosives. Sitrep and Stalker pro, and blast shield I guess is a third. Also MW3 doesn't inform you if they've destroyed your equipment so you can't even use it as an indicator. Not worth a token IMO

I get some defend kills with the betty and Stream swears by it. Haven't tried the claymore, the betty is way cooler.

Last edited by audiopile on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

I like the betty I can toss it on the run. Quick deploy and it usually will get me a kill or two per game.

Yeah it's less lethal radius but it doesn't take you out of the action even for that one second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:56 pm

I like the betty as well...its new and different, you can deploy it quicker, but also because it blends in with the environment better (no large red beams)...on some maps it is almost invisible because of all the ground clutter....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:11 pm

I run stalker so I laugh as I run past them and kill the guy camping on the other side. Semtex or frags for me, I was all excited to try out the BB (frisbee of death) but never got a lot of kills with them. Also playing KC if I did get a kill I never got the tag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:13 pm

I prefer the betty a lot more as it's very quick and easy to deploy. I always feel exposed when planting the claymore. The other advantage with the betty is you are basically throwing it so if you suspect someone is near a doorway, you can throw one down without needing to expose your position. Also I've scored double kills a few times just by throwing one on a Dom flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:55 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:
I prefer the betty a lot more as it's very quick and easy to deploy. I always feel exposed when planting the claymore. The other advantage with the betty is you are basically throwing it so if you suspect someone is near a doorway, you can throw one down without needing to expose your position. Also I've scored double kills a few times just by throwing one on a Dom flag.

with u on this Ardvark...I dont have claymores yet so I tried out the BB, and it's has netted me Double kills and a few singles, down side is most of the time I dont get the tags but have noticed my team has picked most of them up as I on the other side of the board...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:32 pm

BB all day over 200 kills already...as fish said if you place them where someone is running full speed they will go right through them. I put them where people tend to creep or slow down (in front of window in bulidings) and are great for the Dom flags most of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Both are fun but I always fall back on Semtex. I like the use of an explosive weapon as opposed to an explosive defender. I get more double kills deciding when to use it than drop and forget.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 pm

The Claymores actually deploy faster in MW3 than BLOPS however I dont get many kills with them or bettys, plus you dont get a notification when someone destroys it which I LOVED in black ops (they destroyed your equipment!)

I just use semtex and toss them toward defending flags or down alley ways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:43 am

Alot of people run stalker pro to strafe faster and the pro version poops on any times based explosives. So I just use the good ole semtex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:52 am

There's too many counter measures in MW3 to bother with the BBs or Claymores.

Sitrep
Stalker
Blast shield
EC

Frags or Semtex for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 am

Claymore. It's easy to counter measure the BB: hit the floor prone when you hear that distinctive sound and you're save.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Neither they are both shite people can just walk straight past both so i dont bother with them anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:12 pm

im just thinking of Scavenger Pro on MVV2 and Claymore's... avvesome times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 am

i agree good times with claymores in mw2

throwing knife for me, i do prefer the BB because you can throw it, i just wish it was more like a C4 throw because it doesnt seem you can pitch it very far, i just like the throwing knife and with the rage mic now, its awesome "what the F*@K", or "No way!", "Thats BullShit!"

it never fails, even when it happens to me, you feel like you got straight owned when you get killed by a throwing knife, and for me its very rewarding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:11 am

I always use claymores. But only when playing S&D. Either other game i just stick to semtex. I know peope can get around the claymore, but its a good warning. Put it up at one entrance, and hide at another. When the claymore goes off, you know where the enemy is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 am

DaOpdivic wrote:
I always use claymores. But only when playing S&D. Either other game i just stick to semtex. I know peope can get around the claymore, but its a good warning. Put it up at one entrance, and hide at another. When the claymore goes off, you know where the enemy is.

YEs nice to know I'm not the only 1 whom thinks like this...+1 sir
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claymore or Bouncing Betty?   Claymore or Bouncing Betty? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claymore or Bouncing Betty?
Page 1 of 1